Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    The hypocrisy of liberalism.
    Gonna go with conservatives started it by being holier than thou with Bill Clinton.

They lost their ability to be hypocritical when Jeff Sessions leads the calls for impeachment for Clinton, but is very much okay with Trump and Moore. Republicans are scumbags that only choose their allies for their benefit and are hypocritical about their friendship choices. Even people like Cruz and McCain flip flop their entire political careers in the senate just to look like they are doing something.

Also, Fucking Bill O'reily. Just gonna stop conservatives right there.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    More like the perspective of the loony left.
    Seeing that in perspective to the Roy Moore arguments, that must amount to figuratively Lovecraft levels of insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.800f58f97061

It's already trending and becomes a narrative among MSM:

I'm so fucking bored of US conservatives deciding to become feminists when it suits them (while defunding women's healthcare programs), and then shouting "hypocrite" at liberals. Weinstein and Spacey and their ilk are being excommunicated from liberal circles and public life, while fire and brimstone conservatives are voting for predators and pedophiles as their President and Senator. Conservatives have precisely zero credibility on this issue, they're prepared to set aside religion, morality and common decency in the quest for power over other human being's bodies and lives. Come back and talk to me when Trump has denounced Moore, or when the GOP have impeached President Pussy-Grabber.

I’m a feminist. I study rape culture. And I don’t want Al Franken to resign.

Is the actual title of the "opinion piece" in the Washington Post. The Washington Post didn't come up with the opinion piece they just printed it.

There was this college girl who was raped and after looking at the system she decided that the police needed training so that they were more "sensitive" towards rape victims. Her rapist was finally convicted and sent to prison after like 7 years.

Al Franken took the girl's suggestions and wrote a law that would've made police officers get the special rape victim training. The law is currently working its way through the Senate.

Anyway she was on the radio and she said that she called Al Frankin's office and told them his name should be taken off the bill. She was kind of conflicted about it but removing Frankin was the best decision she thought.

So there is a lot of controversy out in the left wing feminist community.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Looks at title of thread : "The Washington Post: Why democrats harrassing/raping women should be tolerated"
    Looks at title of article : "I’m a feminist. I study rape culture. And I don’t want Al Franken to resign."
    Reads article.
    Shakes head and walks away while wondering why people, in this case a mmo-c poster (Vilendor), have to be so disingenuous when they want to discuss something.
    Opened thread. Saw avatar. No surprise thereafter.

This is just like that thread about allowing rich people to hunt endangered species so that their money can help protect the reserves... It's not ideal, but it's the best option available, apparently...

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, the OP is being disingenuous as shit, no doubt about that. Of course, looking at the country of origin, you can already tell the real meaning behind it all. Eastern Europeans sure do seem to love and try and stir up shit, making up scandals where none actually exist.
    Can we please stay away from generalisations? Don't paint me with the same broad brush because I happen to hail from the same place. Sure, I can see where you come from, with his antics or Cybran's. But we are not a hivemind. Well, #notallofus, anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolbjorn View Post
    The thing is... the left generally doesn't tolerate that activity. .
    I wouldn't say that just because when they apologize, the lefties tend to say "oh he's sorry I forgive him".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    So.... exactly what the OP says?

I'm sorry what exactly am I missing here. It just seems like everyone is trying to make what the article is saying sound better than address what it actually says.
    I think I got caught up in the notion that it somehow was supposed to be seen as an endorsement, and not a speculative argument, which is where I personally drew the line on approaching it.

The title of the post is an outright lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Can we please stay away from generalisations? Don't paint me with the same broad brush because I happen to hail from the same place. Sure, I can see where you come from, with his antics or Cybran's. But we are not a hivemind. Well, #notallofus, anyhow.
    I didn't say you were, but it does highlight a reason for his decision to post such BS thread.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I wouldn't say that just because when they apologize, the lefties tend to say "oh he's sorry I forgive him".
    I would love comparing that to GOP reactions to Moore's apology, but I can't find the latter.

This type of accusation was first made decades with Marion Barry. Barry was mayor of DC and got arrested and went to prison for cocaine. When he got out, the democrats voted him back in as mayor. The charge then was that his politics was important and crimes he committed were not. Bill Clinton committing perjury but getting to keep his job as president happened a few years after Barry.

Events like these lead cynical republicans to assume the democrats getting caught up in sex scandals from Weinstein to Franken will get a slap on the wrist but eventually be allowed to return to their jobs, while republicans caught in sex scandals will not.

I'm not sure how much damage can be done that hasn't been done though. Effectively 0% of republicans trust the press or the system these days. Can't go lower than 0.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

It's not complicated folks : Breitbart and co. snapped their fingers and gave the order to believe that anyone accusing Moore was a mix of liar/communist/feminist. Therefore, all the studs lambasting the press here are 100% sure Moore is innocent or that Moore, as a gun loving Republican who licks Trump, can be rewarded with the permission to put his penis where he wants .

If a Youtuber that a MAGAboy likes says something is true, a press conference hosted by Jesus himself telling ''this is fracking a lie'' would be mocked as ''as fake news KEK''

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I didn't say you were, but it does highlight a reason for his decision to post such BS thread.
    And that gives me a reason to voice my opinion that the title is at least bad clickbait but more likely a fracking lie.

Tell me again these democrats aren't communists in disguise? "Our evil is for the common good" is some bolshevik people's revolution-level craziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    So.... exactly what the OP says?

I'm sorry what exactly am I missing here. It just seems like everyone is trying to make what the article is saying sound better than address what it actually says.
    Ok, I'll bite since you (I assume genuinely) don't seem to be getting the mismatch between the article and the OP's post.

OP's Post title: The Washington Post: Why democrats harrassing/raping women should be tolerated

Actual quotes from the Post article:
    1) here’s what I would like to see him do. First, cooperate fully with an ethics investigation, as promised. Second, declare as soon as possible that he will not run again in 2020, so other Democratic candidates for that seat have plenty of time to prepare their campaigns. Third, go on a listening tour to learn what the women of Minnesota — Native American women, Somali women, Hmong women, Karen women, disabled women, queer women, working-class women — most want him to fight for in his remaining time, and go to the mat for their needs. Accept that some women will not want to talk to him at all, or will only want to yell at him for being a pig. Go anyway.
    2) There are, of course, limits to this formula. If a Democratic official is credibly accused of a violent assault, or if their alleged abuses relate to or involve their work in politics, we should demand their resignation and encourage a full investigation.

So essentially, the Post article suggests that, in the interests of not allowing a Republican to take over from him in an act that would ultimately damage progressive women far more, Franken should be allowed to continue in his seat, provided he demonstrates his willingness to act as an advocate for women's issues, and as long as he listens, takes the censure he deserves, and steps aside to allow a Democrat challenger in 2020. Also, if he's found to have committed actual violent assault, it's game over full stop.

How is that exactly the same thing as the OP's suggestion that the WAPO suggesting Democrat rapists should be tolerated?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I’m a feminist. I study rape culture. And I don’t want Al Franken to resign.

Is the actual title of the "opinion piece" in the Washington Post. The Washington Post didn't come up with the opinion piece they just printed it.
    Is it your opinion that businesses have no control or responsibility on what happens under their banners?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Tell me again these democrats aren't communists in disguise? "Our evil is for the common good" is some bolshevik people's revolution-level craziness.
    That does not even make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Not unlike squeaking to vote for Moore because he is going to cut taxes or to show those liburals how TOUGH you are.