Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Not making any new alts until the Allied Races are out. Then I'll start lvling some of those.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Usandu View Post
    OH NO! HOW HARD IS THAT! I can still kill mobs practically naked!

Skip to 4:52, the lower levels arent really changed, but the higher levels are alot different.

I am waiting for the patch as well and start leveling again.
    I planned to go Horde next expansion and leveled some characters to 20 (free version) already. Gonna delete them and make the new allied races and enjoy leveling at a much better pace.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Why did the health go up? I can imagine this being a side-effect of a stat squish but level scaling making mobs harder doesn't make sense to me. Don't most people level on appropriately leveled mobs already? why would a current level 55 mob have less health than a level 55 mob in 7.3.5?
    Mob health and damage was drasticly reduced since vanila and the leveling experience suffered, looks like they finally are willing to admitt its not healthy for the gameplay and enjoyment so they upped it a bit it seems. Hopefully whey wont back away from this, it is vital for the world to be engaging that it is dangerous. Handling 3 mobs at once in vanila without being max level char with op gear was a threat to great most of the playerbase which made the game exciting, cc a valuable tool and a number of other skills important and so learning to use them - satisfying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    No.

Leveling was always the most hated part of WoW and I have all classes at max. I see no point leveling another char of the same class.
    Leveling was the best part of wow until the casuals ruined it by asking for it to be made faster and easier and thus pointless...

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    It's so fun that when it takes 10 hours to level 1-110, people complain that it's too easy and takes too little time.

Now that it's the opposite, people complain again.
    Because when it was too easy the people complained that wanted it harder, and now the people that didn't complain are here and complain, makes sense, no?

Deleted
    I'm resubbing the same day 7.3.5 drops on live. Can't wait to have proper combat at low levels. It's been too long.

90% of people are leveling through dungeons so it doesn't mean much for them in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by panalfik View Post
    I'm resubbing the same day 7.3.5 drops on live. Can't wait to have proper combat at low levels. It's been too long.
    Proper combat? You will still one-shot pretty much everything on sight. Heck, it would be even easier then because right now it's faster to do higher level quests with higher level mobs, but after new patch they will be scaled down to your level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    90% of people are leveling through dungeons so it doesn't mean much for them in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Proper combat? You will still one-shot pretty much everything on sight. Heck, it would be even easier then because right now it's faster to do higher level quests with higher level mobs, but after new patch they will be scaled down to your level.
    No you will not, you can just go up a few posts or go on the PTR yourself. There is nothing close to a one shot, however the mobs hasnt had their dmg upped... So they are still not a threat, which is a shame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post

- - - Updated - - -

That's not what I have seen in numerous Youtube videos about the PTR that I've watched.

People saying it's still easy with heirlooms and that mobs need to be buffed more seem to forget that heirlooms are there to make it easier. It's balanced around no heirlooms.

Tested 45-50 before ptr issues. There is still no danger with heirlooms but it takes 2-3 shots per mob and xp gains are technically a bit slower but offset by the fact you're not travelling to a new zone every 15-25 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    No you will not, you can just go up a few posts or go on the PTR yourself. There is nothing close to a one shot, however the mobs hasnt had their dmg upped... So they are still not a threat, which is a shame.
    3 posts above there is a video of a rogue 3-shotting a scaled mob while being completely naked. Do you think you won't one-shot it being in green-blues (not even talking about full BOAs).

I am looking forward to these new changes so much

Can someone please enlighten me on the appeal of making 110 levels just take longer to get through? That is literally all hp buffs on mobs will do. "B-b-but we will now need to do our rotations to kill mobs" cool that might be neat the first 100 mobs. Questing from 1-110 you will kill thousands upon thousands of mobs. The excitement of it being a "challenge", which is a stretch, will die off super quick and yet again it will feel repetitive and grindy. Only this time it takes longer to kill every single mob you come across. Why are so many people happy for it to feel longer? The veteran players will just want to get to max level anyways cause they are all well aware of leveling just being something to do before you get to the end game. New players without heirlooms will probably be driven off when it takes them so long to get to 60 only to realize they have 50 more levels to go. I just am struggling to see the enjoyment in it taking 10 seconds a mob compared to 2 or 3.
    Last edited by Privs; 2017-12-02 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    These changes are absolutely pointless until they will make XP and Item rewards in open world as good as they are in the LFG.
    Or just cut down the XP and Items rewards in LFG to stimulate people to level up in open world.
    Lack of scaling never was the problem. The efficiency inferiority of OW leveling to LFG spam was.
    DW, some people prioritize fun over efficiency. Chain-running dungeons is boring. Questing (as long as its not a compete faceroll as it is in its current state on live) is fun. Well, unless the dungeons require effort... but then that might even out the scales anyway.

Its not gonna take that much longer. The Xp increase was because now you will always get max xp from quests and mobs. The scaling on ptr atm is wrong and will be changed. Ptr just came online. Expect it to come back to 3 shotting mobs with heirloom gear again. Like it is now. 11-12 frostbolts to kill one mob is just not gonna stick for long

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Though the scaling is awesome, the mobs health and damage have went up significantly (about damn time). However, the amount of xp required to get to max (though only 60) is going to be longer, due to this.

No doubt this was done to finally make leveling experience better, but just saying.

Cheers!
    This is a good thing.

I'm sure if people are the speed levelers they will just hop into LFD queue and won't be too far off from the usual leveling rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I welcome this change. Maybe I can finally be fucking arsed to do loremaster now.

Quote Originally Posted by IronCorvus View Post
    Mob health and damage was drasticly reduced since vanila and the leveling experience suffered, looks like they finally are willing to admitt its not healthy for the gameplay and enjoyment so they upped it a bit it seems. Hopefully whey wont back away from this, it is vital for the world to be engaging that it is dangerous. Handling 3 mobs at once in vanila without being max level char with op gear was a threat to great most of the playerbase which made the game exciting, cc a valuable tool and a number of other skills important and so learning to use them - satisfying.
    Ah ok so they did flat out buff mob health. That is an interesting choice. I suppose they did that to offset the huge gain in speed and efficiency not having to travel from zone to zone.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind that. With heirlooms you can one shot most enemies, if not all, so it can be a bit boring. Not sure how non-loomed toons will fare if nerfs are noticeable.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Just a couple of 86 mobs leave me with 10% of health, and it just won't regenerate. Those changes are bullshit.