"your body must be a font of magic, because i'm irresistibly drawn to it~"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    People will fight each other in this thread no matter the topic. It happened long before faction pride was a thing around here.
    Atleast the fight will be about Beta/Alpha/BfA, where it is meant for.

7+ Year Old Account
    How are people playing the new races in the videos i see? anyone have a link?

Must be sandbox but im not sure how they got the options on screen.
    lower left corner
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GifahTVQhbs

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    How are people playing the new races in the videos i see? anyone have a link?

Must be sandbox but im not sure how they got the options on screen.
    People were able to get the Lightforged character creation in 7.3.2(switched with regular draenei i think), so probably wasn't too hard now that all the files are actually in.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eh Farm is there because it is a strategy game staple. Farming is not really something that can be set up so fast that the Horde was creating their own farms to supply them during the First and Second Wars in lore; their primary supplies were through raiding the Humans and later Dwarves to secure resources. They'd certainly have a supply caravan linking them to the Dark Portal as well as "entertainers" but it is unlikely they'd have children beyond those conceived and born to orc women during the campaign (since pregnant women would likely not follow past the portal). I mean it is even a plot point on the second war that their civilians are in Draenor starving, that's how Ner'zhul begins his campaign.

Honestly what should have been done after the second war is that the orcs should have been marched through the Dark Portal and the Portal itself barricaded on both sides.
    I can agree with most of that, but bear in mind that the orc women do an equal share of the fighting, canonically, to the men. So the gender ratio, while presented in the game as essentially nonexistant, because it was an RTS in the 90s, has been retconned to be closer to 50/50. Which means that there were proooobably plenty of pregnant orc soldiers as the war went on. Even if we want to argue that nearly all of the civilians beyond bartenders, entertainers, caravan runners, and the like were left behind, that's still a lot of baby orcs on hand when the war itself ended and the various warcamps wound up rounded up.

I am sorry but especially on the Lore forum the snide responses of the same 3-4 hardcore horde fans who gang up on everyone posting against the Horde (Especially Sylvanas) are far more prominent in controlling threads than the fairly disjointed alliance fans.
    I've only been called an Alliance Fangirl with faction blinders on Once since I started posting, here. Meanwhile I've gotten Horde Fangirl at least 4-5 times. And the entirety of my posting has been confined to the general WoW forum and the Battle forum, so I definitely agree that I don't have enough of a sample size to make a real judgement. I'll bend to your superior knowledge on that one.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw in Thunder Totem there are now also Bloodtotem refugees. So members of that clan do survive, not tainted by the fel (and joining the Horde).
    That's a nice touch, I assumed there wouldn't be any reference to the Blood Totem at all or even the whole tribe just went with the Legion.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Well, that's for the Seething Shore Battleground, which they said is coming.
    Does it say that’s where it’s from? Since idk if any known lore figure has done VOs for the BG announcer since AV. Thought it was for some Silithus stuff.

Anyways, there’s also the Thunder Totem and Suramar changes which completely rewrites imo the speed of which the HvA conflict heats up and the content that goes along with it. I mean even if Allied Races don’t come with 7.3:5, how are the very detailed scenarios not added?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    Too be fair, you immediately jumped to call me a baby killer and fascist for simply stating :

"Every single orc put in those camps were war criminals, the Gilneans right, they should have been executed. Instead the alliance let them breed creating an unneeded ethical dilema because Lordareon needed slave labor I guess.

The decision to build the wall was the right one, and Genn was right to trust his advisors, well, until the whole worgen debacle."

Genn Graymane literally just didn't want to spend Gilnean tax money on Lordareon slave camps, he had nothing to do with rounding them up in the first place. Thoras Trollbane however wanted them dead because they "deserved" it.

My point, you are yourself at fault for making this discusion more hostile than it had to be.
    I will grant you that my response was hostile and that's on me. I was annoyed with Yarathi's arguments before you posted and that annoyance transferred.

I apologize for my hostility, Gurmech.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

"your body must be a font of magic, because i'm irresistibly drawn to it~"
    For the Horde!

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy that we're they're finally doing full blown bridge patches. If the pre-patch event is the same size of Legions, this is gonna be the biggest lead-in to an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    Does it say that’s where it’s from? Since idk if any known lore figure has done VOs for the BG announcer since AV. Thought it was for some Silithus stuff.

Anyways, there’s also the Thunder Totem and Suramar changes which completely rewrites imo the speed of which the HvA conflict heats up and the content that goes along with it. I mean even if Allied Races don’t come with 7.3:5, how are the very detailed scenarios not added?
    Because the Thunder Totem and Suramar changes are directly linked with Allied Races, and Blizzard still insists that they are just datamining errors and that we have to disregard them.

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post

"is that an illusion in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?~"

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/x7dE29y.jpg

"is that an illusion in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?~"
    Oh god, that quote makes it.

I would think that we should get pre-purchase announcement soon. Wasn't Legion's super early? Would make sense to get it out before Christmas. Though one could say it doesn't need to follow standard marketing practices because of its uniqueness, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Oh god, that quote makes it.
    See my quote for this would be.

"But I'm horde now, I need to be ugly."
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd want it to be bigger tbh. The legion's prepatch was ambitious but imo they should at least have had a zone in Pandaria and Northrend attacked
    We did go to Ulduar which was attacked. As for pandaria, there was nothing in the prepatch itself (but mostly in class campaigns)
    (and I would have made one of the weekly events be having those invasions happen again so that people left Broken Isles once in a while)
    This isn't something you should judge the prepatch on, but the later execution of the expansion. At least Silithus in 7.3.5 will give you a reason to leave, other than farming mogs and mounts. (if Warfronts get done correctly, you'll have a reason to leave KT/Zandalar)

I just really enjoyed how something was happening every week or two. Be it story quests, invasions unlocking and becoming more intense, BS scenario or even the early DH unlock. Was a really nice amount to do to fill in the month and a half and really give a sense for the expansion.

I would think that we should get pre-purchase announcement soon. Wasn't Legion's super early? Would make sense to get it out before Christmas. Though one could say it doesn't need to follow standard marketing practices because of its uniqueness, but still.
    Legions was November 6th.

I would say that it comes soon, and at that point they will enable Allied Races on the PTR. I would say next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I will grant you that my response was hostile and that's on me. I was annoyed with Yarathi's arguments before you posted and that annoyance transferred.

I apologize for my hostility, Gurmech.
    Accepted, I admit I have a soft spot for Greymane. He is, in my opinion, a largely innocent character that gets way more shit than he deserves, and that no one else will defend, so I may have been a bit emotional myself. I am sorry.

Depends. They may want to know a release date of the races before such an announcement (for marketing reasons) and as such wait till testing of certain things is closer to completion.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

7+ Year Old Account
    7.3.5 is not going to be up any time soon; at best I could see them trying to make it for early February for Ulduar, but it will be tough to get all this tested properly, particularly during the Holiday season with much of their staff cycling in vacation. So I'd expect pre-orders around the time the patch is released.
    7.1.5 prepatch was started mid November and the patch released mid January. So a early February patch seems very likely.