Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Pink is pretty much gender neutral her self, so it should fall natural for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...r-neutral.html

Isn't that amazing? We should all aspire to reach this level of open-mindness - a role model for everybody.
    So amazing.

We'll see how her kids turn out to be

My guess is damaged and drugged up before the age of 18

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    What about raising children without using gender labels is child abuse??
    I wouldn't call it abuse on the same level as physically hitting them or molesting them, but shes opening them up to a world of bully during school years and backlash on social media from people against it and decide to be verbal about it. Don't get me wrong I don't agree with that mentality but it will happen so theres no point in throwing out there the argument "well they shouldn't"

If the children themselves at 16 want to identify as gender neutral when they are mature enough to look into it and know themselves and their own mind then thats fine in my books. But bringing children up to be neutral is just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    That is exactly what it means.

People getting all up in arms and screaming "THAT KID WILL BE MESSED UP" have no idea that what you're taking away by allowing them to be raised gender neutral... Is literally all of the abuse. If anything, these kids will be the least messed up kids.
    I don't think so

'We are a label-less household'
    This screams not using pronouns for example. If she's crazy enough she will not call her daughter a girl and stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Gender neutral kids and vegan cats have one thing in common , we all know who made the decision.
    What do you mean by this?
    I think the idea is that you let the kids be kids and you don't force them into being something they don't want to. Within reason, of course.

This is just a tabloid that wants easy clicks and makes it sound all weird.

People getting all up in arms and screaming "THAT KID WILL BE MESSED UP" have no idea that what you're taking away by allowing them to be raised gender neutral... Is literally all of the abuse. If anything, these kids will be the least messed up kids.
    I'm sorry, but did you just agree that raising gender neutral children means a boy can have a girls toy and a girl a boys toy? And then you have the balls to say people have no idea what they're talking about ?

Seriously?

I'll bite, I can't resist. Toy preference has absolutely nothing to do with gender neutrality. Sure barbies are catered to girls, but a boy having one doesn't mean hes gender neutral jesus. Fuck me in school I had these alien planet play sets, they were great a proper boys toy, but my best female friend also had a set of them, because she had FUN with them. No other reason

Deleted
    Meh, can't be much worse than being raised to believe in invisible sky men that are almighty.

What does she do if her kid needs to use a public restroom one day? Let the kid decide as what it identifies that day or what.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    What does she do if her kid needs to use a public restroom one day? Let the kid decide as what it identifies that day or what.
    Unisex toilets are a thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    What do you mean by this?
    I think the idea is that you let the kids be kids and you don't force them into being something they don't want to. Within reason, of course.

This is just a tabloid that wants easy clicks and makes it sound all weird.
    He is saying that both the vegan cat and the genderless child had no say in the matter. If the mother wants to raise her kids genderless but has two kids that have no gender issues, then she is still trying to force them into something that they are not. I'd say, let kids be kids and really do not pay too much attention to the whole gender thing, just let them play with what they like and encourage them to explore whatever they fuck they want to explore.

But you're right, its just a tabloid click thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I wouldn't call it abuse on the same level as physically hitting them or molesting them, but shes opening them up to a world of bully during school years and backlash on social media from people against it and decide to be verbal about it. Don't get me wrong I don't agree with that mentality but it will happen so theres no point in throwing out there the argument "well they shouldn't"

If the children themselves at 16 want to identify as gender neutral when they are mature enough to look into it and know themselves and their own mind then thats fine in my books. But bringing children up to be neutral is just wrong.
    you do realize that they are celebrity kids right? most of them are going to private tutors or really posh schools to isolate them. Any celebrity type kids are going to get bullied period, you forget that kids are mean in general. Honestly who cares they are her kids, it's not like stardom is the best environment to raise children in general.

Gender roles are actually an important part of kids development. Things like this are trendy, but likely will hurt your childrens emotional development in the long run. Even if they decide they're a different gender, they have to understand the genders to know this.

As an extreme example...

Charles Manson
    Henry Lucas
    Ottis Toole
    Carroll Cole
    Gordon Northcott
    Rodney Beeler
    Daniel Barbosa
    Doil Lane
    Charles Albright

...are just SOME of the prominent serial killers that we know who's parents dressed them up in girls clothes when they were children.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2017-12-03 at 12:39 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    He is saying that both the vegan cat and the genderless child had no say in the matter. If the mother wants to raise her kids genderless but has two kids that have no gender issues, then she is still trying to force them into something that they are not. I'd say, let kids be kids and really do not pay too much attention to the whole gender thing, just let them play with what they like and encourage them to explore whatever they fuck they want to explore.

But you're right, its just a tabloid click thing.
    But what you just described is a gender neutral stance.
    You don't deliberately pick out that pink (no pun intended) doll for your daughter or that blue toy car for your son but you let them play with whatever they want.

Not paying attention to it would be the most neutral stance, would it not?

Edit: Vegan cats though? Is that a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Unisex toilets are a thing.
    They aren't that wide spread though. Most public restrooms are still gender specific.

I kind of think it's probably just some click bait. Granted, celebrities generate some pretty messed up kids sometimes and tend to be a reflection of how not to raise your kids way more often than they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Euron Greyjoy View Post
    Well they are her children, who cares.
    this

juuuuust keep your hair dye and shit music away from my GIRLS. i know theyre girls because i saw them being born and they dont have penises.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    But what you just described is a gender neutral stance.
    You don't deliberately pick out that pink (no pun intended) doll for your daughter or that blue toy car for your son but you let them play with whatever they want.

Not paying attention to it would be the most neutral stance, would it not?

Edit: Vegan cats though? Is that a thing?
    Gender neutral can also mean that they can not play with toys assigned to their gender, because it "assumes their gender". What you describe as gender neutral is what i would describe as the norm, it has always been like that. Having kids running around is hard enough as it is, i think that there aren't very many people who would make a fuss about their children not playing with their "gender assigned toys". Generally parents are happy when their kids are playing by them selves, this gives them the time to do other chores.

As for vegan cats, its sad, but there are vegans that want their cats to be vegan too. I think its close to animal abuse as cats are carnivores, that is why he phrased it like he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...r-neutral.html

Isn't that amazing? We should all aspire to reach this level of open-mindness - a role model for everybody.
    I like Pink, but why is that "open minded?" Open minded would be just leaving your children alone to let them discover the world and their feelings on their own not "I'm raising them this way...."

10+ Year Old Account
    A boy is a boy and a girl is a girl. I'm sorry, but if it has a dong it's a boy and if it has a cat it's a girl. That's how it works.

Nothing to do with "open-mindness" it's just a bloody fact of life.

What said boys and girls make out of it is up to education, nobody said that girls must wear pink and play with dollies, while boys swimming in dirt and playing with ball. But to go on and declare a girl or a boy a "it" or whatever this goes by is just retarded attention seeking at expense of children mental health.

Can you point to me where I said any of this? I'm struggling to find it myself, and you'd think as the one who supposedly said it, I'd have the easiest time tracking it back.

Doesn't "rising gender neutral" just mean, you allow them to wear, play and so on, with whatever they want? I was always confused, when you are in a toystore, a child want's something and the mother says, "No you are not allowed to have that. It is for boys/ girls only".
    what he said

what you said

I apologise if Im getting the wrong end of the stick here, but the top guy asked a question and gave examples (and I can admit I missed the clothes part, but that doesn't really change much) with the toys. He asked Doesn't it just mean.

You replied with its exactly that. So unless I've missed the context entirely it looks like you're saying, what I previously said to you

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Doesn't "rising gender neutral" just mean, you allow them to wear, play and so on, with whatever they want? I was always confused, when you are in a toystore, a child wants something and the mother says, "No you are not allowed to have that. It is for boys/ girls only".
    Generally it ends up being trying to prevent them from expressing their natural behaviours. And telling them they're wrong to act as their own gender.