Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    I wonder how soon people realize that $15/mo is the amount isn't even worth mentioning?
    15$ a month is what people paid in classic; they should be more than happy to pay it now. It's not even adjusted for inflation!
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by hmzlol View Post
    Classic servers are for people who enjoy classic vanilla experience and nothing else. Retail players has nothing to do with current vanilla state of affairs. Entitled retail players you should stop with your irrelevant demands, you add zero value to the conversation.
    I'm assuming you don't play in retail?

You might say retail have nothing to do or to offer or zero value, but because retail have been paying all these years for wow and keeping it profitable is the reason blizzard can do it in the first place. So if you don't play currently, maybe you should stop shitting on people who have made it possible to do classic?

Quote Originally Posted by berrygood View Post
    It's incredibly frustrating how every single thread turns into a pile of shit because of all of these people who have absolutely no intention of playing on classic realms but somehow feel the need to tell us time and again how bad vanilla was, how they've been playing since super early closed alpha and how easy the game was back then, how complex it is now and how blinded we are by nostalgia.
    You could you know, learn to listen to these people and grow up instead of being ruled by nostalgia. Feed yourself quality content and stop living in the past. Despite how aggressive these people come across intentions are generally good. No one enjoys seeing people make dumb decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    You could you know, learn to listen to these people and grow up instead of being ruled by nostalgia. Feed yourself quality content and stop living in the past. Despite how aggressive these people come across intentions are generally good. No one enjoys seeing people make dumb decisions.
    I wonder if sarcasm. Also it's fascinating how some love to dictate what others should like, do and enjoy and wrap it in the "it's for your own good" package. Be it gaming, politics or anything else really. There are always people like these that will always be happy to point the error of your ways and make sure you know that whatever they like, enjoy and do is the best possible thing ever, it's progress, they're moving forward, while you're stuck in the past. And of course everything you enjoy must be obliterated, should not exists, simply because it doesn't fall in line with "the progress".

Deleted
    You are insane. Have you perhaps considered that some people do indeed enjoy vanilla content more than live content ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    I wonder if sarcasm. Also it's fascinating how some love to dictate what others should like, do and enjoy and wrap it in the "it's for your own good" package. Be it gaming, politics or anything else really. There are always people like these that will always be happy to point the error of your ways and make sure you know that whatever they like, enjoy and do is the best possible thing ever, it's progress, they're moving forward, while you're stuck in the past. And of course everything you enjoy must be obliterated, should not exists, simply because it doesn't fall in line with "the progress".
    Yes. You're right. Anyone not willing to make their life about progress isn't someone I want to associate with. Nor is it someone anyone should strive to be. This world doesn't improve without progress. People like you are really a burden.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hmzlol View Post
    Classic servers are for people who enjoy classic vanilla experience and nothing else. Retail players has nothing to do with current vanilla state of affairs. Entitled retail players you should stop with your irrelevant demands, you add zero value to the conversation.
    Dear Vanilla OP, stop being a special snowflake.

Deleted
    It's incredibly frustrating how every single thread turns into a pile of shit because of all of these people who have absolutely no intention of playing on classic realms but somehow feel the need to tell us time and again how bad vanilla was, how they've been playing since super early closed alpha and how easy the game was back then, how complex it is now and how blinded we are by nostalgia.
    As someone who played from release, Vanilla was terrible...but it had it's charm for the current time, you need to be able to look at the good and the bad.

Anyone who can't admit that despite it being a great and fun game...that it was also an unfinished and broken game that should not have been released in all fairness for the state it was in needs to get their heads out of it's asses.

- - - Updated - - -

It could be 100% nostalgia that makes them think it's fun...doesn't mean it isn't a valid reason. What counts is them enjoying the game, if that is to play a broken game...so be it, still fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    As someone who played from release, Vanilla was terrible...but it had it's charm for the current time, you need to be able to look at the good and the bad.

Anyone who can't admit that despite it being a great and fun game...that it was also an unfinished and broken game that should not have been released in all fairness for the state it was in needs to get their heads out of it's asses.
    I don't understand this post, you clearly think it was a shit game and you don't want to play it so why exactly are you here on a forum dedicated to classic servers ? Why exactly do you feel the need to tell others how shit the game was when you already know they completely disagree with you and don't really give a fuck about your opinion ?

Yes. You're right. Anyone not willing to make their life about progress isn't someone I want to associate with. Nor is it someone anyone should strive to be. This world doesn't improve without progress. People like you are really a burden.
    Stop with this pseudo-intellectual bullshit, it's a game, some people liked how it was before and would want to play it again. It really is that simple.

I don't understand this post, you clearly think it was a shit game and you don't want to play it so why exactly are you here on a forum dedicated to classic servers ? Why exactly do you feel the need to tell others how shit the game was when you already know they completely disagree with you and don't really give a fuck about your opinion ?
    "Anyone who can't admit that despite it being a great and fun game...that it was also an unfinished and broken game"

I think he says right there that it was a great and fun game.

From a technical point of view Vanilla was "broken" at release. The same was Nostalrius when the server released. I think many people missed that as they first joined Nostalrius in a later state.

I don't understand this post

Try reading more than the first 5 words.

Stop with this pseudo-intellectual bullshit, it's a game, some people liked how it was before and would want to play it again. It really is that simple.
    Haha. Checkmate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Try reading more than the first 5 words.
    I know you're trying to be funny but if YOU actually read his post you'd see that he replies to me as if I'd claimed that vanilla was some perfect game with no faults or anything. I've only asked why some people feel they're in a position to tell others what they should like in every single thread here.

I know you're trying to be funny but if YOU actually read his post you'd see that he replies to me as if I'd claimed that vanilla was some perfect game with no faults or anything. I've only asked why some people feel they're in a position to tell others what they should like in every single thread here.
    Neither side can convince the other to accept their stance on how Classic should be, exactly. Even if they're often saying the same thing in different words.

That said- it's still mind boggling that people that have been playing on private servers for the last however many years, without a Blizzard subscription feel some sort of entitlement over how Classic WoW should be, when they haven't been supporting the company reincarnating Classic for quite literally years.

Quote Originally Posted by thealmightymoo View Post
    I wonder how many people will not play classic if they realised they still have to pay for it too?
    Coming from unofficial servers? A whole bunch of them, guaranteed.

Deleted
    Neither side can convince the other to accept their stance on how Classic should be, exactly. Even if they're often saying the same thing in different words.

That said- it's still mind boggling that people that have been playing on private servers for the last however many years, without a Blizzard subscription feel some sort of entitlement over how Classic WoW should be, when they haven't been supporting the company reincarnating Classic for quite literally years.
    For someone who supposedly reads more than 5 words in a post you seem to be having a hard time understanding a very simple question. I don't care about people who want changes or people who don't. I'm not telling you how classic should be nor do I care if you want LFR, flying or whatever on the servers. I am exclusively talking about those who have no intention of actually playing on classic and very clearly hate vanilla yet join these threads to talk shit about the game and the other posters here.

Quote Originally Posted by bladebarrier View Post
    As it sounds to me, you won't be paying to play Classic either. Just one of those guys that don't intent to play, just contaminate the forums with stupid bull***t to stir up conflict.
    In the end, why paying for 100% of something when you get like 95% of it for free?
    Lmao. I'm one of the only people posting actual facts and reality here, since I'm actually playing vanilla and have been for years. Check my posts.

If they don't make it how I deem acceptable, no, I won't be paying. Why pay for 90% when I get 110% for free? Anyone can throw made up numbers around mate.

Besides, by the time they release I'll probably be done anyway.

Also you chose to completely ignore the point of the post and get triggered by my opinions on retail. GG

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dovashy View Post
    Private servers are not the real deal. Never have been, never will be. Someone who stole the games code and claimed it as authentic won't change that. It's like having a knockoff brand of shoes or something else you might own after you've had the brand name version of said product. It's not the same.

Classic was not great because of the gameplay, the mechanics or even the community. The game had its fun quirks, sure. But the thing you can't replicate is how you enjoyed it the first time you played. That, was real. Those first few months and years where it was something you enjoyed because it was different than other games. A new experience, one you came to love.

Blizzard is going to attempt to recreate what they built in the beginning, but it's unlikely they'll truly succeed. They can create the game as it was, every bug and unbalanced class. Every spell and spec that was useless, all of it. It won't be the attraction you think it'll be.

It's something that you can never get back.
    They are the real deal though. That's the point. It's not nostalgia or the experience of the first few months. That's long gone. I don't why people are so insistent to force their view that it's only nostalgia?

It is the gameplay, the gameplay systems, the pacing, the feeling of being a small pawn in a big world and the community. All of which I and tens (hundreds?) of thousands like myself prefer to the retail systems.

Remember I play this every day and I still enjoy it. I don't need to get it back. I have it. Nostalgia doesn't fuel that for 4 years, solid gameplay and good community does.

- - - Updated - - -

Because we're literally, the sole and entire reason it's happening. Or do you have some misguided belief that Blizzard would've just announced this anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    Because we're literally, the sole and entire reason it's happening. Or do you have some misguided belief that Blizzard would've just announced this anyway?
    The sole and entire reasoning it's happening- you ignorant twit- is money.

Plenty of people have been clamoring for Vanilla servers, for a long time- some of them even had a retail subscription. Get over yourself.

The sole and entire reasoning it's happening- you ignorant twit- is money.

Plenty of people have been clamoring for Vanilla servers, for a long time- some of them even had a retail subscription. Get over yourself.
    Where do you think the money will be coming from? It doesn't just grow on trees you muppet. If you honestly believe this would be happening without the vanilla community and PServers, then you're deluded.

People still take this topic seriously? rofl.. the amount of people who think that "retail players will destroy the vanilla realms" is just adorable.