Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They look like their bodies have been photoshopped in and then heads have been photoshopped on the photoshopped bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I must patent the idea first, to make billions out of the solutions, before telling you.

But...I feel like the concept of taxes has already been invented. Perhaps you've even heard of it?
    Good idea comradette.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Want to see the price of Bitcoin crash, lets see them cash out...
    Can they goto delicious olive garden with bitcoin? Nope

They took the risk, and got rewarded. Who in their right mind would of invested 11 million in bitcoin? Its easy to whine after its all said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Good idea comradette.
    So, no? You haven't heard of taxes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Good idea comradette.

- - - Updated - - -

Can they goto delicious olive garden with bitcoin? Nope
    I hear there is a pizza place in Brooklyn that takes bitcoin.

So, no? You haven't heard of taxes?
    Taxes for the sake of providing services for the common good is useful.

Taxes for the sake of envy or "leveling the field" is immoral.

- - - Updated - - -

I hear there is a pizza place in Brooklyn that takes bitcoin.
    Isn't each coin worth like 600?

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    They took the risk, and got rewarded. Who in their right mind would of invested 11 million in bitcoin? Its easy to whine after its all said and done.
    Well when you've got at least 54 million still left after that they eh why not have at least one aggressive investment.

Then please do explain the healthcare situation in your country. Or how about the aging infrastructures that are begging for money for repairs. Sounds like not enough funding for the common good services. Not enough funding = Tax the ones who can afford. Pretty simple.

Instead, a reverse of that was made yet again. Funnel some more money from those who barely have any, to those who own it all. Why not just pass a law that makes citizens the property of corporations already, to be used as the corporations see fit? It's slowly going that way anyway.

So yay, you have billions in bitcoin.
    Where are you going to cash that in :P
    Most exchanges wont let you take out more than 20k a month if that, and a lot of banks aren't going to cut you a check for anything like that either.
    Until it is actually taken as a currency they really aren't going to see that money.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't each coin worth like 600?
    Well the pizza is worth like .001 bitcoin now.

But I was making a joke about places that you can use bitcoin. I see bitcoin billionaire and I immediately think of the smartest person with down syndrome.

Then please do explain the healthcare situation in your country. Or how about the aging infrastructures that are begging for money for repairs. Sounds like not enough funding for the common good services. Not enough funding = Tax the ones who can afford. Pretty simple.

Instead, a reverse of that was made yet again. Funnel some more money from those who barely have any, to those who own it all. Why not just pass a law that makes citizens the property of corporations already, to be used as the corporations see fit? It's slowly going that way anyway.
    When he says common good he means military.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Oh, no doubt. Taxes are evil communism thievery, unless it goes to military to open some more warfronts to bomb.

I never said our country is perfect, but just pouring money into a imperfect system is hardly the answer. We have problems with lack of accountability and corruption, furthermore we also have run away entitlements and many programs being managed at a federal level that can be done at a local level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Roads, Schools, Police, Fire services, etc etc are what i was specifically thinking of.

What country are you even from torgent?

- - - Updated - - -

Well the pizza is worth like .001 bitcoin now.

But I was making a joke about places that you can use bitcoin. I see bitcoin billionaire and I immediately think of the smartest person with down syndrome.
    Reminds me of the uber rich in 1928 who were worth millions on paper but dn't actually have a lot of money in reality.

So they transferred their backed currency that can be used anywhere at any time, for a more interesting currency that they'll only be able to use very little of at a time.

So you're saying there isn't enough tax money coming to to fund this, or that the money coming in is being spent unwisely? I'm not sure why people like you lambaste the trickle-down theory, yet naively think if the government takes more of our money, they will spend it where you think it should be spent. I just see more backroom deals with their backers that will funnel that tax money back to them in the form of more 350$ hammers and 1500$ toilet seats.

The government currently collects more than enough money to update the infrastructure and at least subsidize healthcare costs, but choose not to. Nor do they choose to take any meaningful action towards regulating the cost of healthcare, which will only explode exponentially if there is more guaranteed government money flowing into it (just look at college tuition if you think this won't happen).

But yeah, taxing the rich even more will magically fix everything. Because, fairy tales...
    Last edited by Direpenguin; 2017-12-03 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    So you're saying there isn't enough tax money coming to to fund this, or that the money coming in is being spent unwisely? I'm not sure why people like you lambaste the trickle-down theory, yet naively think if the government takes more of our money, they will spend it where you think it should be spent. I just see more backroom deals with their backers that will funnel that tax money back to them in the form of more 350$ hammers and 1500$ toilet seats.

The government currently collects more than enough money to update the infrastructure and at least subsidize healthcare costs, but choose not to. Nor do they choose to take any meaningful action towards regulating the cost of healthcare, which will only explode exponentially if there is more guaranteed government money flowing into it (just look at college tuition if you think this won't happen).

But yeah, taxing the rich even more will magically fix everything. Because, fairy tales...
    That's one smart penquin

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrysa View Post
    So they transferred their backed currency that can be used anywhere at any time, for a more interesting currency that they'll only be able to use very little of at a time.
    Ha! Exactly.

Hey, I just invested all my money into some money that will only be worth more (or the same amount of) money, if other people decide to also invest their money into this new money. But if people decide to cash out of this new money, for real money, then my new money will be worth less real money. -- and people think this is a good idea!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    Somebody making money doesn't affect your ability to also make money. Those are just excuses failures use to make themselves feel better about losing at life.
    Spot on. I also notice people that havent made much of their life to always claim that for someone to win in life someone also has to lose, which is nonsense.

There are so many ways you can make money today, it's rediculous. People just suck at it or just dont understand how the world works.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    what an inspiring story of two impoverished men pulling themselves up by their bootstraps
    No, you're thinking of someone like David Murdock or David Tran. The land of opportunity and all that.

What's with that suit?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.