Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hows the single life tenn?

That is some stupid study right there. I think its more about human interaction keeping your brain occupied rather than sitting on your lonesome (Armchair neurologist over here :P). If I had to guess

This is the stupidest shit trying to link it to marriage. Does that mean that my friend parents who have been together for 20+ years but not married have a higher chance of getting dementia? What is up with all this pushing for marriage lately?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Youre gonna want to have dementia when the wife takes half your money and the kids though.
    I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Yet the study says marriage can reduce the chance of it. Please read the OP next time.
    Tenn you realise if there is a co relation between marriage and dementia its probably the fact by and large married people are more active and go on walks etc?

Eg exercise/activities. Signing a bit of paper doesnt make you magically not able to get sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    alzheimer's and dementia aren't the same. I've seen what dementia can do. An old lady wandering around at 2am babbling nonesense. While her family is trying to get her back inside.
    The article mentions Alzheimer's as the most common form of it...but then again, the article sounds like bollocks, so.../shrug

Yet the study says marriage can reduce the chance of it. Please read the OP next time.
    So not marrying can also reduce the chance of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Why did you only highlight the part that fits your narrative?

So, getting married simply to reduce the risk of dementia wouldn't work. This is how most correlations work. There's a correlations because some other factors involved are what causes both things.

- - - Updated - - -

No. It doesn't say that at all.

I quoted that part that clearly states that.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much what the article is suggesting that OP doesn't understand.

For instance, it's like the correlation of red vehicles being in more accidents than white vehicles. Obviously the color itself has zero to do with the chance of being in an accident but the type of person that buys a red vs a white car likely has factors that are increasing the risk of an accident.
    GET OUT OF HERE WITH FACTS

Only marriage propaganda is allowed

Can someone explain me the marriage hate this forum has? Well, except outside that most of the posters are probably teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Can someone explain me the marriage hate this forum has? Well, except outside that most of the posters are probably teenagers.
    Nobody really dislikes marriage itself, it's morely the whole religious shit mixed in with it.
    And look at the amount of divorces, that should give you a clue on how marriage does.

Deleted
    What marriage hate? People just don't feel the need to be married now.

Deleted
    Wow. What an interesting read!
    Yeah! It sure was!

Let's recap:

Quote Originally Posted by CNN
    might be
    could have
    suggests
    could have
    is not causal

We don't think that it is marriage itself or wearing a wedding ring which reduces people's risk of dementia
    Has nothing to do with marriage, and everything to do with a healthy lifestyle.

Do you understand now, Tennisace?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Tennis's threads, people raging give me some fun times and it heals my possible future dementia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah! It sure was!

Let's recap:

Has nothing to do with marriage, and everything to do with a healthy lifestyle.

Do you understand now, Tennisace?
    Hold up. So you're not disputing that marriage is linked to a healthier lifestyle?

Deleted
    Hold up. So you're not disputing that marriage is linked to a healthier lifestyle?
    Well, being that it's a completely asinine and ass-backwards statement - everyone on this planet knows that people stay fit in order to find sexual or romantic partners, and once they do, they let go of their healthy lifestyle - I didn't think I needed to, but yeah, OK. Let's just make it absolutely clear:

Married people have way, way, way worse lifestyles than single people.

How's that for disputing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    my grandfather suffered dementia before he died, he was married for 60 years.

so yeah, usual crap spreading article from tennis.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    @Mistame was divorced
    I'm not sure about the rest of them. From my experience those against marriage usually can't get a girl/guy to say yes and as a result are bitter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    I like Tennis's threads, people raging give me some fun times and it heals my possible future dementia.
    thats called schadenfreude
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    my grandfather suffered dementia before he died, he was married for 60 years.

so yeah, usual crap spreading article from tennis.
    Same, my grandmother has dementia. Shes only been married 50 years though. Clearly wasnt married long enough to avoid it

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    What marriage hate? People just don't feel the need to be married now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Nobody really dislikes marriage itself, it's morely the whole religious shit mixed in with it.
    And look at the amount of divorces, that should give you a clue on how marriage does.

The one always popping up in similar threads. Please do not deny it. Texts like marriage is obsolete, is old religious leftover, that most marriages just fail and therefore pointless, yada yada.
    Nobody is forcing anyone to marry (yes, there is public pressure, though).

And yes, I have seen the statistics, many just LOVE to quote them all the time.

The one always popping up in similar threads. Please do not deny it. Texts like marriage is obsolete, is old religious leftover, that most marriages just fail and therefore pointless, yada yada.
    Nobody is forcing anyone to marry (yes, there is public pressure, though).
    And yes, I have seen the statistics, many just LOVE to quote them all the time.
    There's also many people here that think guns are gods gift and their right bla bla.
    It's easy to see all the views that do not agree with yours and skip over the ones that do.
    Marriage has it's downsides and upsides, and the world shifts from one side to the other naturally.

Not sure what you want to accomplish with your post tho.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2017-12-03 at 09:15 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can someone explain me the marriage hate this forum has?
    "Disdain" is more accurate. It's an antiquated and pointless tradition.

From my experience those against marriage usually can't get a girl/guy to say yes and as a result are bitter.
    Or they're just smarter than you.