Page 40 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    No, I disagree with increasing taxes on the people who already pay 80% of all federal taxes as it is. I'd rather write off Medicare, food stamp benefits etc etc off the EITC and save money.

Social responsibility isn't just the rich paying for the poor.
    wow. you would rather 10's of millions of people die due to third world shithole status problems than spend any money....do you have any sort of empathy or respect for humanity whatsoever? there's a man in north korea who agrees with your statement wholeheartedly. he would rather spend money on his military than spend it on feeding his population.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, my question regarding the CBO is at least partially answered.

"We're going to find some really stinky stuff" in tax bill, Sen. Angus King predicts

Sen. Angus King, I-Maine, said Sunday he predicts "some really stinky stuff" will be found in tax bill the Senate passed overnight Friday into Saturday.

"We're going to find some really stinky stuff in here that we didn't know," said King of the legislation, adding "anything good that happens in America in the next year, including good weather at the Super Bowl, is going to be attributed to this bill."

"This is the bill that we got at about 6:00 at night that we were going to vote on that night," he said of the 477-page document.

"There were no hearings. There were some general hearings about tax reform. There were zero hearings on the bill. And even the bill that was reported out by the Finance Committee was different than what we were handed that we had to vote on a few hours later," King said.
    Well, that answers my question on how the GOP kept their tax cut for the rich under $1.5T to stay in reconciliation. They didn't bother.

King said that he managed to read the bill all the way through on the floor of the Senate Friday night, but that he "can't say" he "understood all of it."

"There's a lot of stuff in here that I don't think, that I don't think anybody knows what it's all about. I just happened to pick up, I marked in the margin on page 409, 'domestic oil and gas extraction income.' What's that all about? There's a later provision about income on oil and gas from foreign countries. What's that all about?" he said.

"The point is nobody knew what was going on here," he added. "And there was a moment when we could have fixed it. Chuck Schumer moved to recess Friday night about 9:00 until Monday. Give people a chance to go through this and dig through it. Party line vote, denied, we end up voting at 3:00 AM."

Asked what tax payers can expect now as the bill now moves to conference where both the House and Senate are expected to work out any differences between their legislation, King said he gives it a 50-50 chance of not getting to conference.

"I think there's a chance. Because I don't think that either side, either the House or Senate, wants to bring this back to the floor, the House just may take the Senate bill and send it to the president," said King.

King said the vote "may be the most important vote any of us take in our career."

"We've now made a 30-year decision," said King. "This isn't the reauthorization of the FAA, or even the Farm Bill. This is something that's going to affect every American, every business, the whole economy -- for decades."

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    wow. you would rather 10's of millions of people die due to third world shithole status problems than spend any money....do you have any sort of empathy or respect for humanity whatsoever? there's a man in north korea who agrees with your statement wholeheartedly. he would rather spend money on his military than spend it on feeding his population.
    You're talking to the guy who responded to grad students being taxed with essentially 'neener neener fuck you I got mine'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

"We're going to find some really stinky stuff" in tax bill, Sen. Angus King predicts

Well, that answers my question on how the GOP kept their tax cut for the rich under $1.5T to stay in reconciliation. They didn't bother.
    This is what pisses me off... well, one of the many things that piss me off about this bill. The GOP is blatantly ignoring standard procedure in order to get this shitshow running, and their constituents are sitting around drooling and pretending this is okay. And before anyone says "BUT WHUDABOUT DA OBAMACARES", STFU, that was discussed and amended for months. This is getting rammed through purely to prevent people from finding out how badly it will hurt them. They tried the same thing with healthcare, but too many people were educated as to how it would effect them, and they failed. This time they're leaving nothing to chance, and Republicans are letting themselves get scammed.

Let's be clear here. Democrats can't stop these people. Republican voters need to call their Congressmen and get them to cut this shit out, and if you don't you have nobody to complain to when the shit starts piling up around you.

10+ Year Old Account
    And what, pray tell, did Hatch say, when asked "where did the money go?"
    He shouted "smoke bomb" and ran away.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Not sure of this has been reported here yet, but Orrin Hatch says not to look for CHIP anytime soon because "we don't have money anymore."
    Why would the GOP help children when they can help Goldman Sach executives get another yacht.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    You're talking to the guy who responded to grad students being taxed with essentially 'neener neener fuck you I got mine'.
    yeah i know. this is his basic attitude towards everyone who isn't him.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

I wonder what the rich plan to do once they literally end up killing everyone who can't afford to live.

10+ Year Old Account

If the tax reform somehow fails. I cannot wait to see the face turtle man will make.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    I wonder what the rich plan to do once they literally end up killing everyone who can't afford to live.
    Wondering where the hell their cooks/cleaners/drivers/gardners/etc. are and then cursing those lazy immigrants for not showing up to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    It's already spent other places. The Social Security Trust Fund is a gigantic IOU pile. Fundamentally, a Tax Cut is insane right now because our expendiatures completely outweigh our income. We should be discussing tax increases, or (more to my liking) a fundamental redistribution of governmental responsibilities, namely the social saftey net and government services away from the Federal level and to the State level (and financed by state taxes).

This is not about economic stimulus. It's about a specific need.

US defense policy is a $800-900 billion a year plan that we finance to the tune of around $600-700 billion. Considering the worsening global security situation, those costs are going to rapidly increase, not decrease.

We need to be spending $800 billion for our $800 billion plan. If we don't, what happens is down the road, we spend many times that trying to fix our bast under investment.

Yes. Or more accurately, responsibility to them shifted to the State level, away from the Federal level, and financed on State taxes.

The SSTF IOU is only that way because its cheaper to borrow from it then from other countries.

so you want to keep the taxes paid at the federal level and use them to fund other things besides SS/Medicare.... then make people pay SS/Medicare taxes at the state level??

and what are you going to do about poor states that no way in hell are they going to be able to fun those type of programs, as it stands right now you really only have 10-12 rich donor states supporting the other 38 + PR/DC.

That is why states like CA/CT/NY get 50 cents on the dollar for medicaid and some get 74.63% (Mississippi), West Virginia 71.80, Kentucky 70.46,Alabama 70.16, etc etc

even with the ACA expansion CA/CT/NY/ETc get 88 cents on the dollar while those mentioned states get 100%

You think for a moment the bottom 10 states are going to be able to afford a Medicaid/Medicare/SS program funded off state taxes??
    Granted a lot of those states are getting away with murder with no sales tax or income tax because they get so much funding from the feds.

that makes 150 different locally run programs. its not very efficient either. Most likely states would have to join together to pool risk. and it aint going to be rich states pooling with poor states.

Wow, give this guy a Oscar for best drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Why would the GOP help children when they can help Goldman Sach executives get another yacht.
    Well, we're all somebody's children, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Okay, would you sacrifice Gay Rights, all of it, for Free Health Care, a full commitment to fighting Climate Change and College Debt Forgiveness and Elon Musk dictating science and tech policy?
    "Would you sacrifice voting rights for women and blacks to get x?"

Absolutely fucking not, because the rights of human beings isn't some bargaining chip.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    But as I've said in countless minimum wage threads as long as the barely haves continue to complain that the have-nots are the issue there will be no positive change.
    And this is how the GOP keeps a stranglehold on position social change. We see resolutions to almost all manner of social discontent in other modern countries. But not in the U.S. And that's directly because of the GOP and the lies they tell so their benefactors can stay rich and get wealthier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Wow, give this guy a Oscar for best drama.
    congrats on the terrible deflection and ignoring hard facts. yeah because removing medicare and medicaid and food programs totally wouldn't lead to tens of millions starving and dying of preventable diseases just like in third world shitholes. here are some facts just about starvation in the u.s.
    https://www.dosomething.org/facts/11...bout-hunger-us
    https://www.worldhunger.org/hunger-i...poverty-facts/

while it is on a decline this is still unacceptable. but go ahead and continue to sit in your bubble of sociopathic narcicisism where only tony matters and everyone else can go sit in the street and die.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2017-12-04 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    It's never going to kill everyone. It'll just lower life expectancy and we'll just make sure those people don't have education. And then we can just bond them to the land they live and make them work out their meaningless lives.

You know feudalism, the utopia republicans seem to be working towards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    It's never going to kill everyone. It'll just lower life expectancy and we'll just make sure those people don't have education. And then we can just bond them to the land they live and make them work out their meaningless lives.

You know feudalism, the utopia republicans seem to be working towards.
    then the ceo's can literally become robber barons. with their own plots of land and everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And this is how the GOP keeps a stranglehold on position social change. We see resolutions to almost all manner of social discontent in other modern countries. But not in the U.S. And that's directly because of the GOP and the lies they tell so their benefactors can stay rich and get wealthier.
    But only if it's rich people with their hands in corporate honey pots. If it's someone who makes their fortune either through new innovation or makes their money through collective bargaining they've somehow stolen money from big business and must be stopped. You'll see it commonly posted here when guys attack Mark Zuckerberg or Steve Jobs or Bill Gates while their lips are covered in Cheeto dust defending Trump.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

congrats on the terrible deflection and ignoring hard facts. yeah because removing medicare and medicaid and food programs totally wouldn't lead to tens of millions starving and dying of preventable diseases just like in third world shitholes. here are some facts just about starvation in the u.s.
    https://www.dosomething.org/facts/11...bout-hunger-us
    https://www.worldhunger.org/hunger-i...poverty-facts/

while it is on a decline this is still unacceptable. but go ahead and continue to sit in your bubble of sociopathic narcicisism where only tony matters and everyone else can go sit in the street and die.
    I didn't say remove them, just subtract the expenses from the EITC