Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    well, the "money" sits frozen unless the can sell it "here a little there a little"
    it's like having a production plant, you cannot sell the chimney to purchase a mansion; you have to live off the surplus or zero

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Ironically the US has both.
    I guess you know all about it from over there in Scotland, huh William wallace.

I'm part of the UK, I can spot class division from space.
    You've been fed your opinion through the lens of the internet and we can spot which corners of bias you digest from space. Is what he meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    aH yes, the Y chromosome, noted summoner of rape demons from the misogyny dimension.

I'm part of the UK, I can spot class division from space.
    Every society has class division. Communism just wants to enslave those who are more productive, sense why many of the sloths on this forum support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    what an inspiring story of two impoverished men pulling themselves up by their bootstraps
    You sound jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Communism doesn't make anyone someone else's property. If you're talking about in a metaphorical sense, then that can be said about pretty much any economic system for the working class.
    It's slavery comrade, don't worry, once we seize the methods of productions you will be cared for, on the backs of others, just like you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Spot on. I also notice people that havent made much of their life to always claim that for someone to win in life someone also has to lose, which is nonsense.

There are so many ways you can make money today, it's rediculous. People just suck at it or just dont understand how the world works.
    The world works by people performing a variety of tasks. Most of these tasks will not make you rich.

No one is going to get rich by working as a police officer. Or a firefighter. Or a construction worker. Or a nurse.

Yet all of these professions and much, much more are absolutely necessary for modern society to function.

But by all means continue to lionize those who already have an advantage to further that advantage at the expense of everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    How Winklevoss twins used $11m Facebook payout to become world's first Bitcoin billionaires

The twin brothers who sued Mark Zuckerberg claiming he stole the idea for Facebook are worth more than $1bn after capitalising on the astonishing rise in Bitcoin.

An $11m (£8m) bet on Bitcoin made by Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss over four years ago has ballooned by almost 10,000pc after last week’s price surge. It is believed to be the first billion-dollar return made by a cryptocurrency investor, a landmark moment for the controversial asset.

(paywall)

Not once but twice they will make a killing by not doing a damn thing

so wait, there is no proof they still have the bit coins....its all assumptions?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Or how about the aging infrastructures that are begging for money for repairs. Sounds like not enough funding for the common good services. Not enough funding = Tax the ones who can afford.
    So we should be taxed more because the government is horrible at managing money? Thats some pretty sound logic. Our infrastructure is shit because the money thats supposed to go to fixing and improving it goes to other things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    You sound jealous.
    no fucking shit

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Exactly.

While this is one hell of a return (about 10,000%) your statement is completely spot on: it's not hard to make money when you have money. If I had 11 million to kick around for funsies (and lets face it, these guys had to have more than 11M if they were willing to drop 11M on just Bitcoin) I'd be investing it in all the latest cryptocurrencies and other tech startups.
    I must be weird, if I had 11M I'd throw it into a guarenteed interest/bond type of vehicle and sleep sound at night.

How is it slavery? Who is going to be the property of who? Can you not have a conversation like a fucking adult and not insult someone every post? Grow the fuck up.
    Anger is the tool of the proletariat comrade, be at ease.

Are you going to answer my question and make a real argument or continue your obvious trolling?
    A real argument for what comrade?

10+ Year Old Account
    The envy in this thread is palpable
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    The envy in this thread is palpable
    Yeah, it's hard to take people seriously who base proposed tax policies on envy instead of utility

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I never said our country is perfect, but just pouring money into a imperfect system is hardly the answer. We have problems with lack of accountability and corruption, furthermore we also have run away entitlements and many programs being managed at a federal level that can be done at a local level.
    You are one of those beneficiaries of said entitlements, yet we don't see you setting an example and choose to opt out of welfare.

Ironic really, but sadly common as plenty of your kind love to ask for handouts while denying others of theirs.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Go bitcoin go! I'm glad I invested early
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    killing foreigners is more important than housing the homeless for him too
    Do you think that Billion is going to go towards helping the homeless?

I hope they are smart enough to cash in those fake currency before the massive bubble bursts in a dramatic way!

Quit while you are ahead guys!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I must be weird, if I had 11M I'd throw it into a guarenteed interest/bond type of vehicle and sleep sound at night.
    Thing is, I suspect these guys did that too. People who drop 11M on one investment usually have considerably more than that invested in other long-term reliably performing stocks/bonds/whatever.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.