Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Yeah, just what we need, more Alliance heroes going neutral.
    At least the alliance characters are still alive. Blizzard has been killing off horde leadership left and right, when they aren't just abandoning them on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Oh please.

As if they couldn't make up a story on how good ole nighborne get over Tyrande's mean words (literally 2 lines, one in the regular quest line, one in a world quest, not even being THAT mean) and ally with the Alliance and whatnot.

That said, I'm not wishing they would be alliance, just pointing out how the story is something they make up, nothing set in stone, and as I have mentioned, they could have made it so that there's like a faction led by Thalyssra, that remains neutral and a faction led by someone else who then join the horde.
    Are you being serious right now? I can't tell, but whatever this is "making sense" and being "logical" it is not.

First off child, as someone who possesses the actual education and experience necessary to be an actual diplomat in the US State Dept, if not eventually the Ambassador to a foreign country, you do not know what you are talking about at all on any level close to resembling reality when you suggest that someone doesn't have the most legitimate reasons to become allied with people, when they treat them with dignity, respect and are genuinely friendly toward them and embrace them as they are.

Literally you are saying out loud to everyone who is reading this that is not a complete ignorant, imbecile that you do not have any real world knowledge of anything like this, and that a "skilled writer" could just magically turn all this around.

Ya sure they could have written a story where the Nightborne went Alliance, but then it would have made even less sense and would have required huge leaps in logic, and absolutely would have been without question an even worse example of bad writing because the Blood Elves never disrespected the Nightfallen at all in any way throughout the entire Suramar campaign and the Night Elves legitimately didn't even really care about them existing.

Let's make things really clear here: If the Night Elves weren't themselves some of the most shitty written Elves ever in any fantasy series at all ever they would never side with either faction. They would be their own faction, because that's what centuries and millennia old people do. They do not play second fiddle to lesser races such as humans, that have barely evolved to life outside of living in caves.

I mean, I literally would have faced the Dark Titan down, even if it were just Turalyon and myself left to fight him. That is how serious I was about ending the Legion threat. And now this guy is going to be an NPC in the Stormwind Embassy who will try to kill me, and he refuses to listen to my warnings about his Void possessed wifey.

For someone that's supposed to be the most badass paladin ever, who literally fought against demons for thousands of years, he sure is a pretty stupid character who's motivations make no sense.

But Alleria is even worse. Honestly.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-12-04 at 12:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus1177 View Post
    It's funny how many people don't realise this is a troll. And a good one too
    Yup people are falling for it hook line and sinker. I had to laugh hard when I saw people arguing on the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    To a human? Probably. Turalyon was in on the ground floor of the horde aggression against the humans.

You're asking why Turalyon doesn't like the horde... why should he like the horde? Because they pitched in a bit to help the world not get destroyed? (This time, seeing as the FIRST time he fought them they were WORKING for sargeras)
    Have you played this series of games at all?

The Horde that exists in-game is not the same Horde from WC1 and 2 at all. It is literally a completely different faction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Again, a fair point. However, in both those cases it lead to the destruction of the person using the Light for such purposes. I don't really see Turalyon coming out well from the deal by doing the same.
    Oh I'm not saying I agree with the actions of Turalyon or Xe'ra, just that that's how paladins and the Light work in Warcraft Xe'ra especially was kinda self-important

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Oh..gosh..I don't know. There's a paladin order hall that needs NPC leadership since Fordring is toast. And clearly horde paladins are enemies to Turalyon...because horde...reasons....um.. Yeah.
    It happened a lot to the OG paladins and knights from medieval European legends: the epic poems and chansones de geste (sp?) were big on "be loyal to your sovereign", so knights who were fighting side by side in one war, e.g. against Saracens, would later go to war on opposite sides and face their once-allies in battle because their kings said so. I guess when Liadrin and Turalyon meet in battle they'll try to gut each other with extra honor and respect?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Wrong Horde. Also, pretty much wrong Alliance too, but hey, why sweat the details right?

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said. Wrong Horde. Wrong Orcs. But again, why sweat the details.
    If Tirion Fordring were still here, he would not stand for this!

Deleted
    I am so sad that the Horde is missing out on Turalyon and Alleria. Can we even cope without them leading our campaigns any more?

Kinda eh on the Lightforged picking a side but it does at least make slightly more sense than the Nightborne being Horde.

Honestly I think Blizz should've had most of the allied races neutral, and made the character story a personal one, rather than "I joined this faction because some faction leader told me to". Similar to how they handled Pandaren.

Zandalari and Dark Iron Dwarves would obviously be faction-linked, but the other races' leaders should've stayed neutral to the Horde/Alliance conflict, with your character deciding to go off and forge their own path by joining a faction..

Plus it would be pretty cool to have the ability to be a Tauren/Draenei while playing on the opposing faction.

Deleted
    Nice shitpost man !

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Turalyon hates the horde. Or, more specifically, orcs.

Like, his hatred for Orcs is so great that he basically went paladin super saiyan while fighting them.
    Turalyon and Alleria for that matter did hate the Horde, but 1000 years have passed for them fighting the Legion, and they just got done fighting alongside the Horde in their biggest hour of need. The sheer fact that either of them have any opinion of Horde or Alliance is nonsense from a writing standpoint.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    Honestly I think Blizz should've had most of the allied races neutral, and made the character story a personal one, rather than "I joined this faction because some faction leader told me to". Similar to how they handled Pandaren.

Zandalari and Dark Iron Dwarves would obviously be faction-linked, but the other races' leaders should've stayed neutral to the Horde/Alliance conflict, with your character deciding to go off and forge their own path by joining a faction..

Plus it would be pretty cool to have the ability to be a Tauren/Draenei while playing on the opposing faction.
    Race neutrality is extremely lazy, it's not what the lore needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    I guess when Liadrin and Turalyon meet in battle they'll try to gut each other with extra honor and respect?
    Basically fighting for no reason. Sounds like the entire theme of BfA to me. Stuuuuuuuuupid..... >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Are you being serious right now? I can't tell, but whatever this is "making sense" and being "logical" it is not.

First off child, as someone who possesses the actual education and experience necessary to be an actual diplomat in the US State Dept, if not eventually the Ambassador to a foreign country, you do not know what you are talking about at all on any level close to resembling reality when you suggest that someone doesn't have the most legitimate reasons to become allied with people, when they treat them with dignity, respect and are genuinely friendly toward them and embrace them as they are.

Literally you are saying out loud to everyone who is reading this that is not a complete ignorant, imbecile that you do not have any real world knowledge of anything like this, and that a "skilled writer" could just magically turn all this around.

Ya sure they could have written a story where the Nightborne went Alliance, but then it would have made even less sense and would have required huge leaps in logic, and absolutely would have been without question an even worse example of bad writing because the Blood Elves never disrespected the Nightfallen at all in any way throughout the entire Suramar campaign and the Night Elves legitimately didn't even really care about them existing.

Let's make things really clear here: If the Night Elves weren't themselves some of the most shitty written Elves ever in any fantasy series at all ever they would never side with either faction. They would be their own faction, because that's what centuries and millennia old people do. They do not play second fiddle to lesser races such as humans, that have barely evolved to life outside of living in caves.

I mean, I literally would have faced the Dark Titan down, even if it were just Turalyon and myself left to fight him. That is how serious I was about ending the Legion threat. And now this guy is going to be an NPC in the Stormwind Embassy who will try to kill me, and he refuses to listen to my warnings about his Void possessed wifey.

For someone that's supposed to be the most badass paladin ever, who literally fought against demons for thousands of years, he sure is a pretty stupid character who's motivations make no sense.

But Alleria is even worse. Honestly.
    Whoa dude, chill.

Fact: Tirion Fordring is the only good major character that has come out of the Alliance in the entirety of World of Warcraft.

I don't think we need more neutral races at all, but something about forcing important Lore Characters to be loyal to the current factions (and by that I mean just the Alliance really) just ends up resulting in them being shitty characters.

Quote Originally Posted by shinros View Post
    Yup people are falling for it hook line and sinker. I had to laugh hard when I saw people arguing on the first page.
    Whats funny is that the OP argues with them, so how do we really know he is just trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Whats funny is that the OP argues with them, so how do we really know he is just trolling
    i always thought good troll means you actually stay in your thread and argue with people as oppose to just making 1 post and watch from the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    So I'm not the only person who thinks that leads to horrible writing dead ends?
    Well to be fair, his allegiance is to the Alliance first and foremost. He fights for what he believes in, and i'm sure that during Argus, when it comes any Horde champions he had to work with, he was willing to set his differences aside for the greater good (I mean that's why he worked with illidan despite killing Xe'ra), but that doesn't mean he's got to be buddy buddy with you after the war is over. He'll simply return to his side should you meet on the battlefield.

TL;DR Turalyon's relationship with Horde PCs is strictly business. Also game mechanics. Sometimes Blizzard goes with game functionality over story and that's just how it has to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Nazi soldier and an American one may have been put in a situation where they had to help each other to survive during WW2.

That does not mean that either would be inviting the other into their barracks for a tasty meal and a game of cards.

Pretty straightforward.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    i always thought good troll means you actually stay in your thread and argue with people as oppose to just making 1 post and watch from the sidelines.
    Maybe that's the new Trolls technique. Back when I was your age, the Trolls jumped in a chat room\usenet post, spammed a couple lines of trolliense and then bailed. Chat rooms where more fun, because the person literally left 30-60 secs after making their comments and yet folks would still be yelling and screaming 30 mins later.