Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    How do you solo elites above your level when it scales? Isle of giants are MoP content which covers 80-90, your toons level actually.
    Nope, atm zones scale only up, not down.

Creating artificial time sinks from 13 year old content is absurd. It won't require any more effort or player engagement, just more time wasted to get to the current expansion content.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethus View Post
    Creating artificial time sinks from 13 year old content is absurd. It won't require any more effort or player engagement, just more time wasted to get to the current expansion content.
    Of course it will, not being too careful and pulling 3-4 mobs will cause your death. Leveling was never intended to be an auto-afk run, it's broken since the levelsquish when Cata went live and it was never fixed.

I think that people who have done the content a few times already SHOULD get a bonus to leveling in some way, but not at the cost of devaluating content for new players or those who wish to get something similar to the original experience.

Sure. Could be nice.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-12-04 at 07:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

I am coming back with third video from PTR. This is one is for everyone complaining HOW OLD RAIDS ARE GETTING HARDER. Level 80 solo in ICC HEROIC.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    XP rates are fine, but I still don't think it's nearly enough. Mobs still die in seconds; they should buff mob hp/damage by another 150-250% and then re-test. I'm not saying mobs should live for 20-30 seconds, but they are still dying in less then 5 seconds even without BOA items or even gear. I guess at some point that may be class dependent though.
    Level 89 mobs health is fine(30-38k at 89), named mobs got like 60-90k and don't die in 5 seconds.

They aren't hard, but pulling more then 1 can mean trouble on a non-pet class without spammable heals.

And then there's rares which have 300k health in Pandaria.

I haven't tested lower content but I figure it's easier, and it should be as it's always been simpler mobs/abilities at lower levels.

Leveling in Warcraft has been a joke since Vanilla, the only thing that made it seem like it wasnt was the flawed class design and balance.

level 15 Orc Warrior from the PTR: Still 2-3 shotting enemies I hope they turn that up again.
    Edit: forgot to mention that this Orc is playing without chestpiece, gloves, shoulderpads and backitem. Basically half naked.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2017-12-04 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Of course it will, not being too careful and pulling 3-4 mobs will cause your death. Leveling was never intended to be an auto-afk run, it's broken since the levelsquish when Cata went live and it was never fixed.

I think that people who have done the content a few times already SHOULD get a bonus to leveling in some way, but not at the cost of devaluating content for new players or those who wish to get something similar to the original experience.
    and it will end up in hell lot less people leveling and ton more people buying char boosts from blizz

its win win for blizzard - sadly its loss for players

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Usandu View Post

I am coming back with third video from PTR. This is one is for everyone complaining HOW OLD RAIDS ARE GETTING HARDER. Level 80 solo in ICC HEROIC.
    so they are effectively killing what ton of people considered really fun aka solowing old raids for transmog ? wow what a shit design - retarded devs are retarded,

OH NO! HOW HARD IS THAT! I can still kill mobs practically naked!
    My point is that there is nothing to be excited about really. [PTR Video]
    Depends on what you want from it.
    For some players it is less about the difficulty, and for the extended relevance of content, such that you don't feel the need to move on away from uncompleted storylines simply because the xp is better somewhere else.
    For those players this works well I would think.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

- - - Updated - - -

so they are effectively killing what ton of people considered really fun aka solowing old raids for transmog ? wow what a shit design - retarded devs are retarded,
    No m8. That was sarcasm. I am level 80 there, i repeat 80. Not 110. I SHOULD be dead in seconds.
    Last edited by Usandu; 2017-12-04 at 10:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

So mob damage is still completely broken? I was actually super excited for these changes, but thanks mate, you just saved me $15. Blizzard obviously has a long way to go in fixing their sub-110 content.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Deleted
    Too bad i dohave 1 char for each class at 110, unless they introduce a new class i doubt i will try the scaling

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and it will end up in hell lot less people leveling and ton more people buying char boosts from blizz

its win win for blizzard - sadly its loss for players

- - - Updated - - -

Ehh... He is level 80 soloing a boss in a level 80 raid.. at 110 you are probably still going to hit to the boss for several million per attack.

I am moderately fine with scaling (there are pros and cons), but I don't like the increases in the XP required to level.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    So mob damage is still completely broken? I was actually super excited for these changes, but thanks mate, you just saved me $15. Blizzard obviously has a long way to go in fixing their sub-110 content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Ehh... He is level 80 soloing a boss in a level 80 raid.. at 110 you are probably still going to hit to the boss for several million per attack.
    Thank god, those guys get it...

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Because I love it.

Leveling has been a joke for so long, and this'll help bring back some of the adventure that's been missing since Wrath.
    Meh. I have 12 max level characters and 12 at 100(1 for each class on both factions). I will pay to race change any to allied races after I unlock them if I want to use any(not interested in any at this time). Unless they have any cool unique story quests while leveling. I am done with leveling anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Meh. I have 12 max level characters and 12 at 100(1 for each class on both factions). I will pay to race change any to allied races after I unlock them if I want to use any(not interested in any at this time). Unless they have any cool unique story quests while leveling. I am done with leveling anything new.
    Then you are going to miss on a couple of achievements / racial armor for the allied races, if I understand it correctly. I believe you have to level from scratch (well, from level 20) to get them.

No reason to start again, boosts4lyfe

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Then you are going to miss on a couple of achievements / racial armor for the allied races, if I understand it correctly. I believe you have to level from scratch (well, from level 20) to get them.
    They look pretty shit anyway, not worth leveling again for

10+ Year Old Account
    OH NO! HOW HARD IS THAT! I can still kill mobs practically naked!
    My point is that there is nothing to be excited about really. [PTR Video]
    and while we are talking there are leveling SS nerf coming in

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandises View Post
    Once you use heirlooms (50% XP) combined with potions that last for an hour those extra 40% XP needed to level will not even matter. It's the scaling and deadlyness they need to handle.
    I've just finished replacing all my heirloom pieces with crafted/dungeon gear and wait for the patch ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I tried it on the PTR, it's still a far cry from what it has been. I can farm non-stop as a Warrior with basically no gear. Yeah it might not be a snoozefest for new or shitty players, but it's not really an adventure.

- - - Updated - - -

as long as i don't kill mobs of my level with 3 hits judgement-holy shock-crusader, it's cool in my book. right now it feels like i'm on argus on my 940 mage
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.