Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I'm not a huge Trump fan, but this whole he's wrong/ racist/ offensive circlejerk is so old now. Also, you either believe in freedom of speech or you don't.
    Free Speech means speech I agree with

Deleted
    So many moronic liberals in this thread. Unpopular speech is still protected speech. Hate speech is speech that directly calls for violence. Despite what you might think of Trump he hasn't done that yet. These "homophobe / transphobe / racist and or nazi" claims are simply a narrative that lazy people with no arguments or research use again and again and frankly its sad. If you spend so little time doing research about what he is ACTURALLY doing in your country (im not even a fucking citizen of the US btw) you might be surprised and find that a lot of it is quite solid.

Is he a perfect president? Far from it, below average probably.
    People don't seem to understand how amusing it is to watch leftist go apeshit because of something he said in a tweet. These people don't understand that he is trolling them and its amazing

infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-12-04 at 11:17 PM.

I'm not a huge Trump fan, but this whole he's wrong/ racist/ offensive circlejerk is so old now. Also, you either believe in freedom of speech or you don't.
    So when does freedom of speech become hate speech? Is it a clear cut line? People have different levels of what is acceptable.

The circlejerk is pretty real, the guy is a pathological liar and sociopathic.
    Last edited by willtron; 2017-12-04 at 11:16 PM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Spreading racism and hatred with his retweets, for one.
    I don't like trump, nor I would of voted for him, but you are effectively saying that millions of Americans are racists too and spreading hatred, because Trump was like that before being elected. You know picking of sort groups of people etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Then you open up the freedom of speech can of worms
    Not unless twitter is ran by the us government you don't.

A private company can do whatever the fuck they want.

Why? What has he done to warrant banning?
    breaking ToS

Quote Originally Posted by Taso View Post
    Twitter can but they would have to have a real good explanation. A label of hate crime without real evidence is just begging a lawsuit.
    Twitter is a private company, so they can just ban him for whatever reason they deem fit. They'll have some clause in their ToU. But they won't do it, because RN it's all money for them.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    So when does freedom of speech become hate speech? It's a clear cut line, but people have different levels of what is acceptable.

The circlejerk is pretty real, the guy is a pathological liar and sociopathic.
    Hate speech isn't a legitimate legal concept when people have 1st amendment rights.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Partisan silencing would look really bad. They wont ban Trump.
    Even with him breaking the ToS this is the reason why it hasn't (along with his twitter meltdowns make twitter relevant)

10+ Year Old Account
    They can, yes. The result would be numerous millions of people being very, very pissed off at them though. If I were in their position I wouldn't make such a dangerous business decision either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Expect refusing to bake cakes to Gay couples, that is.
    that's the problem. You're not selling a cake to a gay wedding, you're not selling a gay cake to a wedding, you're selling a cake to the wedding of two gay people.

You're using religion as an excuse for exclusion the same way the wealthy use money as an excuse for exclusion.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could ban him. They won't. It'd just feed into his and his supporters massive victim complex. Like that Milo guy who actively tried to get banned just so he could rabble rouse about it.

Plus at the rate he's going he'll probably get himself impeached through tweets alone.

Deleted
    what he says shouldn't be protected by free speech, seeing as most of it is either inflammatory or flat out wrong.
    I think you shouldn't be protected by free speech aswell. You should be banned. Beause your comment is flat out wrong.

Thank you for the most stupid comment of the day. Oh and displaying what the average IQ level of people who highly oppose Trump is.

what he says shouldn't be protected by free speech, seeing as most of it is either inflammatory or flat out wrong.
    Give Examples
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

People have been banned for less that what he's twitted. His recent tweets of fake news targeting Muslims could easily be seen as a breach of twitter's terms, and some of his older tweets that have included insults could have as well. BUT he's their cash cow. He's made twitter absolutely fundamental, his unofficial platform for state communications. They have much to gain by keeping him, and much to lose by dropping him. If they ever banned they would trigger a war and they wouldn't come out unscathed.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    They could ban him. They won't. It'd just feed into his and his supporters massive victim complex. Like that Milo guy who actively tried to get banned just so he could rabble rouse about it.

Plus at the rate he's going he'll probably get himself impeached through tweets alone.
    Its adorable you think that
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They can/could, but they have no reason to at this point.

Plus if they censored the POTUS the absolute backlash from the World would be insane.

Like calling an ugly actress in ghostbusters ugly. Also, find me the exact tweet which contains hate speech. Right now. I bet you can't if you take the rest of your life. (cause it doesn't exist champ)
    well milo did take it a bit further calling her illiterate

the only race related thing he said is that it was a shame her character was nothing but a stereotype

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post

People said that 6 months ago aswell. Still hasn't happened. People told us 1 year ago we would all be dead by nukes by now. Still hasn't happened.

And maaaaaaybe, just maybe, they won't ban him because he is their big money maker? Or would that be stupid to say?

Since Twitter is more extreme leftist than you are, and they have banned right wing people left and right for the most stupid reasons, trust me that they are definitely not keeping their ban hammer from him just because they don't want to feed into some made up ''massive victim complex''.

Besides, aren't you having a ''massive victim complex'' by saying all his tweets consists of hate speech? I mean please try to grow a spine and get a thick skin before going into the scary world of the internet, where people are saying things which might hurt your feelings.

15+ Year Old Account
    If he was banned he would raise hell, banning him would fuel for the fire.