Page 24 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    thats kind of just what thanos chin looks like. its a pretty close recreation

Looks more rockish/formed. The Infinity War one has fewer lines, and I think part of it is also his squinting. Of course the color and lack of helmet also alter things slightly. It just looks unfinished to me, rather than stone faced. Not saying his face is literal stone, but the look of it.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post

Looks more rockish/formed. The Infinity War one has fewer lines, and I think part of it is also his squinting. Of course the color and lack of helmet also alter things slightly. It just looks unfinished to me, rather than stone faced. Not saying his face is literal stone, but the look of it.
    most of the cgi in the trailer is unfinished, some of it was made just for the trailer and wont even be in the movie/will be repurposed like the vulture footage from the first spider-man trailer or the footage of iron man and spidey flying alongside eachother

we wont know for sure how far along the cgi actually was or whats actually in the movie until we get the closer to release trailers.

marvel tells them we want x shot in the trailer to show off x trailer and they either quickly whip up something for the trailer than find a use for it later down in production or they take an unfinished shot, polish it up as much as possible/change the lighting to make it look better than throw it in the reel.

for me though the scene with spider-man looks very very unfinished and janky, and the whole spidey scene has a fuzzyness to it
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Without derailing the thread any further talking about Marvel movies, the "wrong" look of movie Thanos is that you can see his eyes. Comic Thanos's eyes (at least in Infinity Gauntlet) are empty black pools that only flare with light when he gets emotional. Thanos with visible eyesockets just looks like a purple man. This isn't just a visual design failure either because since Thanos has no interesting characterization his look has to pull a lot of weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Without derailing the thread any further talking about Marvel movies, the "wrong" look of movie Thanos is that you can see his eyes. Comic Thanos's eyes (at least in Infinity Gauntlet) are empty black pools that only flare with light when he gets emotional. Thanos with visible eyesockets just looks like a purple man. This isn't just a visual design failure either because since Thanos has no interesting characterization his look has to pull a lot of weight.
    thanos appeal like that of his twin darkseid is that they are unmoving intimidating walls of force. the minute they appear to be weaker than their opponents is when their facade is broken and their trope loses power.

its all about them being so strong and so unstoppable that hope is not possible, to not only break the heroes physically but mentally as theyre forced to come to terms that they just cant win... until they do.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

I think people need to dial down the nerd rage over the comic-book accuracy of Thanos in the trailer.

I mean, we could've gotten this:

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account

With credentials like this, they better not fuck up.

the shot of grodd looks very interesting. I wanna see their take on the characters. I think its got huge potential, ill be watching it for sure

get a bit of a berserk 2016 vibe from it

Quote Originally Posted by Msi View Post
    Why does DCEU get so many shit? I mean everyone was bitching about how bad the CGI looks in the trailer, yet when the Avengers trailer dropped which imo had worse CGI doesnt get shit on. Are fanbois that *****
    I agree.
    This youtube video reveals that there was plenty for DC fans to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I agree.
    This youtube video reveals that there was plenty for DC fans to like.
    oh wow.. they had some easter eggs that makes the movie amazing now...

Quote Originally Posted by Fooliecoolie View Post
    Couldnt care less who are the suits are firing at DC to put the blame on. They are all guilty as each other putting corporate greed over hiring the right people for the job who are gonna try make a passion project with the source material.

dc leadership changes hands again

"The DC Cinematic Universe is in, shall we say, a precarious position. Despite Wonder Woman knocking everybody’s socks off, Justice League landed with all the sound and fury of a jar of piss - and made about as much money as one, too, as far as giant superhero team-up movies go. Who would have thought It would outgross a movie with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Steppenwolf in it?

Warner Bros. is clearly asking that question, too, as it’s promoting It producer Walter Hamada to serve as president of DC film production. Hamada will replace Jon Berg and Geoff Johns, who were themselves appointed to run the DC unit less than two years ago, although Johns will remain at DC working on its comic and TV output, while “work[ing] closely” with Hamada."

A look through Hamada’s back catalogue as producer doesn’t really scream “superheroes” or even “big-budget tentpoles.” It consists of mostly horror films, from the aforementioned It to several major studio horror remakes, all of which are relatively low-budget, which could signal a drop in budgets on future DC projects. However, Hamada's CV also includes the Conjuring series, arguably one of the more successful shared universes in cinema - and whose expansion into a franchise is supposedly largely Hamada’s doing. That he’s already worked heavily with Aquaman director James Wan can’t hurt, either. If that movie hits as hard as Jason Momoa's body, perhaps Wan will be offered a greater foothold in the franchise. Or perhaps not! Who knows, in this topsy-turvy world.

Ultimately, it’s hard to look at Hamada’s hiring and not see Warner Bros panicking. It feels like this messy franchise gets new overseers with every new major entry, and with the exception of Wonder Woman (and elements of Suicide Squad, if not the movie as a whole), none of the films have captured the public’s imagination. DC is in major need of a hit, and it’s currently lacking a clear creative vision to make that happen. Will this shakeup be the one it needs to get back on track?"

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2018/01/...ilm-production

People will say it's DC scrambling around but this guy's pretty connected with the aquaman director and his success with IT/the conjuring it could be a good move

10+ Year Old Account
    DC need to give up on live action. They're KILLING it in the comics, they're KILLING it on the small screen and they're KILLING it with the animation. Focus on what you do best, ignore the rest.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    DC need to give up on live action. They're KILLING it in the comics, they're KILLING it on the small screen and they're KILLING it with the animation. Focus on what you do best, ignore the rest.
    Thought their recent small screen stuff has been bad. Even with the legendary Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill still doing the voice work and using the best stories like the killing joke, they still cant get it right. Batman and harley quinn was awful also

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    People will say it's DC scrambling around but this guy's pretty connected with the aquaman director and his success with IT/the conjuring it could be a good move
    it doesnt really matter who they pick. the fact that dc has changed who is helming their cinematic universe 3 times and were only 5 movies in shows they have no fucking idea what theyre doing.

hes talented, but the fact that they had to change people at all is troubling, especially when the only successful dc movie was also the only one that had johns influence.

if this means we get johns being more involved in the arrowverse like he was before taking over for the film division though im all for it i care more about that then these movies

it doesnt really matter who they pick. the fact that dc has changed who is helming their cinematic universe 3 times and were only 5 movies in shows they have no fucking idea what theyre doing.

hes talented, but the fact that they had to change people at all is troubling, especially when the only successful dc movie was also the only one that had johns influence.

if this means we get johns being more involved in the arrowverse like he was before taking over for the film division though im all for it i care more about that then these movies
    The fact that they made Justice League 4 movies in and killed Superman in the second shows that these morons have no idea what they are doing. And that's from someone who prefers Justice League over Thor 3, which I consider the worst Super Hero Movie I have since X-men Apocalypse.

Warner Bros problem has always been too many cooks in the kitchen. Hopefully this guy has a spine to fight for the material. Wasnt working before no shame in trying different people till something does stick.

A lot of people are hoping Flashpoint will do something about the universe.

Personally I think that the universe is in no fit state to do Flashpoint, you're not going to do that series any justice with the mess of a universe you've created and it's just way too soon to be doing that kind of story. You can't START a Flash series with Flashpoint. That would be like starting Batman and Justice League with Dark Knight Re...

...oh.

Anyway, if they want to reset the continuity, I'd rather they just went the old fashioned route of wait 5+ years and then start from scratch route rather than try to cram a fix fic into the story of a film like Days of Future Past did.

However, Hamada's CV also includes the Conjuring series, arguably one of the more successful shared universes in cinema - and whose expansion into a franchise is supposedly largely Hamada’s doing. That he’s already worked heavily with Aquaman director James Wan can’t hurt, either.
    Oh Jesus Christ, God help us all.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2018-01-07 at 02:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.