Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Not a single AAA title deserves it at the very least.
    I know opinions and all but you are out of your mind if u don't think at lease Horizon Zero Dawn deserves it.

(My GOTY is Wolfenstein II)
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-12-05 at 12:37 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Probably Super Mario Odyssey or Breath of the Wild, because I'm so glad to see Nintendo finally taking some risks and doing something different with their big IPs after stagnating for years. And it really paid off, both games ended up feeling incredibly fresh and incredibly fun (at least to me).
    Possibly Metroid: Samus Returns as well, because it's such a relief to know they haven't given up on Metroid after the abomination that was Other M, and they did a damn good job breathing new life into such an old and forgotten (and IMO underrated) entry in the series.
    Last edited by Skeppio; 2017-12-05 at 02:22 AM.

In order:

0. Hollow Knight
    1. Horizon Zero Dawn
    2. Mario Odyssey
    3. Zelda BotW
    4. Spyro Ripto's Rage

2 and 3 are kinda tied because I absolutely love Zelda. The game was everything I didn't know I wanted. Mario is just above Zelda because it was a huge nostalgia that hit me right in the childhood with all the different puzzles/areas, soundtrack, and costumes.

0 is top cause I just played it this year and holy crap did I get more than I bargained for. Hollow Knight grabbed me by the balls, squeezed, kicked, and flicked them...and I loved it.

4 is my all time favorite game that no one can take away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I know opinions and all but you are out of your mind if u don't think at lease Horizon Zero Dawn deserves it.

(My GOTY is Wolfenstein II)
    100% Agreed.

Horizon Zero Dawn is absolutely deserving to be on a GOTY list. There are very few things, let alone video games, that I like and enjoyed and would endorse enough to put on my walls or have other trinkets and stuff of. I have the Zero Dawn poster I got for pre-ordering hanging up on my wall.

I have Original Sin 2 on my wish list now though as I love games like that, but was too caught up in other stuff since it launched to buy it.

I would have absolutely loved Zelda without the equipment durability mechanic, but with that in it, I can't even entertain the idea of putting it on my list. I hated that mechanic so much....it ruined the game for me.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does the game have to be from this year? If not, DOOM. If yes, Hollow Knight I think. I just had so much fun with DOOM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    Does the game have to be from this year? If not, DOOM. If yes, Hollow Knight I think. I just had so much fun with DOOM.
    Well it is for 2017 so yeah hehe.

Oh and @kail

Expansions are fair game if they were released this year.

Deleted
    Nioh <3 Now that's a "Diablo" game I've been waiting on since Diablo 2! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well it is for 2017 so yeah hehe.

Oh and @kail

Expansions are fair game if they were released this year.
    Yeah but... I played games this year that weren't necessarily from this year. I think they should still count.
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Yeah but... I played games this year that weren't necessarily from this year. I think they should still count.
    Well I was more referring to games from this year.

I mean you could just say Doom was the GOTY for 2016 for you I guess if you feel that strongly about it. But yeah I meant games released this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I would have absolutely loved Zelda without the equipment durability mechanic, but with that in it, I can't even entertain the idea of putting it on my list. I hated that mechanic so much....it ruined the game for me.
    I had the same issue with Zelda, I am slowly finishing it up but that mechanic ruined the game for me. Even more so with it applying to the Master Sword.

- - - Updated - - -

Well Doom did just come out for The Switch.

So you can say that version of GOTY
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I was more referring to games from this year.

I mean you could just say Doom was the GOTY for 2016 for you I guess if you feel that strongly about it. But yeah I meant games released this year.
    Then it has to be Hollow Knight. Released on my birthday, too!

Also, Prey was good, but a lot of the big stuff didn't really hit the mark this year. Wolfenstein 2, Horizon I couldn't get into, Shadow of Morder, and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided was a fucking shitshow. This year had a lot of VERY bad and a lot of good.

lot of people talking about Nier Automata....that good? worth a buy? i never played the first one and honestly don't know anything about it but i looked at some pictures and looks like my kinda thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcarsenal View Post
    lot of people talking about Nier Automata....that good? worth a buy? i never played the first one and honestly don't know anything about it but i looked at some pictures and looks like my kinda thing.
    Don't need to play the first one to play Automata and ya IMO its really good.

hrmmm well damn i might have to pick it up for ps4 then thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcarsenal View Post
    hrmmm well damn i might have to pick it up for ps4 then thanks!
    Np at all, Hope ya enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Star Wars Battlefront 2.
    obvious troll

Quote Originally Posted by MayhemPenguin View Post
    obvious troll
    Or they ignored the lootbox fiasco and actually played the game which from what I've been told is decent.

Story is a bit meh but Multiplayer is decent is what I've been told. Other than the lootbox fiasco from what I've seen and what friends have been telling me it would get a 6-7 at best.

Please be respectful of others decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by MayhemPenguin View Post
    obvious troll
    Or people like different things then you, Shocker I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Or people like different things then you, Shocker I know.
    I get it, people have bad taste, but c'mon he was the third post, like immediatly no thought what so ever he recommended it(I feel like he was trolling) and with how many good games came out this year, how could you recommend a copy paste shooter with a star wars skin
    fine fine here is my 2017 goty
    CoD ww2

Or they ignored the lootbox fiasco and actually played the game which from what I've been told is decent.

Story is a bit meh but Multiplayer is decent is what I've been told. Other than the lootbox fiasco from what I've seen and what friends have been telling me it would get a 6-7 at best.

Please be respectful of others decisions.
    Actually, it's not even near that. Talking about the actual game, campaign mode lasts like 4 hours total with a simply bad storyline - literally you're empire and next chapter you see people die and go rebel with all people calling you "champ" while minutes before you were lasernuking their asses out (just to avoid spoilers) - and basically everyone agrees it's abysmal.
    However since focus is multiplayer, maps look good but it's plagued by extreme rubberbanding, which honestly i think it's baseline and with that issue the entire gameplay is screwed.

The game has some good points for sure (well, it's Star Wars) and i'm sure there's people enjoying it - no issue with that, it's not like i cannot play anymore the stuff i like. But objectively it's a really mediocre product - excluding lootboxes obviously.

Anyway agree with the "everyone likes what they like" point. We're not competing about "who has the best game".
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.