Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Magatha Grimtotem, Aysa and Mayla Highmountain.

Your waifus would be less elven and more of the furry variety.
    You forget Thalyssra, Valtrois, Liadrin
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    You forget Thalyssra, Valtrois, Liadrin
    Valtrois is the kinda waifu to emtpy his bank and leave him with a manawyrm they adopted.

With Mayla he'd never run out of milk in the morning.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Bit of skipping the discussion, but i could see that Sylvanas goes down a similiar path as Garrosh, but this time, one might intervene and challenge Sylvanas.

Saurfang might be a candidate since he didn't live up to the threats he made towards Garrosh, or Baine because he sat idle for too long and doesn't want another Garrosh to happen.

During the Mak'gora it Saurfang / Baine come close to killing Sylvanas, Nathanos, being the loyal pet dog, intervenes, get axe'd by Saurfang / Baine, Mak'gora is over and Baine / Saurfang will be declared winner due intervention favoring Sylvanas.

Sylvanas keeps her head and position as Forsaken leader, but is removed from the position of Warchief, finding her in a similiar position post Wrathgate.
    If we are to stay loyal to Sylvanases character and even Saurfangs character, Sylvanas would without a doubt just forfeit and just return to take care of her own affairs. One thing is quite clear from Sylvanases character and that is that she does not care that much about the title of Warchief and will proberly be happy to let somebody else control the Horde, especially after she have gotten what she wanted out of the position (a war with the Alliance).

Besides, she can't lose and then stay Racial Leader. It just won't work and people will have 0 respect for her. There is a good reason, why the race leaders don't fight, because then 1 stands out as the stronger/better leader.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    If we are to stay loyal to Sylvanases character and even Saurfangs character, Sylvanas would without a doubt just forfeit and just return to take care of her own affairs. One thing is quite clear from Sylvanases character and that is that she does not care that much about the title of Warchief and will proberly be happy to let somebody else control the Horde, especially after she have gotten what she wanted out of the position (a war with the Alliance).
    Which is exactly why Blizzard wrote the BfA intro as they did; the Forsaken lose Lordaeron and now Sylvanas has to inevitably think about all of the Horde as she has no other cards to play on. There is no Undercity or EK to retreat to incase the Horde fails her as the Horde is the only thing she has left. It also forces the likes of Malfurion and Maiev out of neutrality I'd assume.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-12-05 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SyrahGrunt View Post
    Yeah, once again we Horde will get the shorter end of the stick, and once again Alliance will end up being the "goody two-shoes" faction who eventually wins in the end, because Blizzard obviously can't deal with the whinier part of their fanbase that would shitstorm their forums so hard if the Alliance ever loses anything again... I mean... Remember Theramore's destruction ? Remember Southshore ? (a place no one even went to anyway) Hell... remember how Blood Elves were horde only and Night Elves were Alliance only ?

So, for the end of BfA, I expect to see only elves, participating in topless dance contests ontop of the bodies of thousands of orcs, tauren and trolls, just because the kids wanted their "Lëgølàssssss" character to be the epitomy of coolness regardless of the Warcraft Universe's original (kinda) gritty and "ugly" tone...

This makes me so sad actually...

I would have loved to see somthing really original, like the Naaru ending up being manipulative laser windchimes, Greymane using the Alliance to pursue a personal vengence and dealing with Old God whispers, but we'll probably end up with Sylvanas being put as an antagonist (even when her reasons to seek how to prevent the Forsakens' inevitable downfall is 100% legit btw)
    The Alliance are the whiners? Yet Sylvanas still lives despite atrocities to both factions, and Thrall may as well be the in game embodiment of the ultimate Mary Sue who shan't be named.

7+ Year Old Account
    Which is exactly why Blizzard wrote the BfA intro as they did; the Forsaken lose Lordaeron and now Sylvanas has to inevitably think about all of the Horde as she has no other cards to play on. There is no Undercity or EK to retreat to incase the Horde fails her as the Horde is the only thing she has left. It also forces the likes of Malfurion and Maiev out of neutrality I'd assume.
    Hmm well.... We are still to see, that the Undead will lose the right to a race city. Who knows if they take back some of the ruins of Undercity or if they create a new one. We have yet to see one of the other cities get a Forsaken district, so i will quite surprised if Sylvanas will be totally without a home.

But you might be right, that it will make her more connected to the Horde and her role as Warchief, but i still believe, that Blizz will never let her be defeated by one of the other race leaders, simply because it would kinda mess up her character. Sylvanas is not like Garrosh, who cermented his rule by brute force. Sylvanas is a sneaky ranger general and does things with tactic and guile. If she is ever caught in something like Mak'gora, she has already lost because she would not allow herself to be caught in such a situation.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

If we are to stay loyal to Sylvanases character and even Saurfangs character, Sylvanas would without a doubt just forfeit and just return to take care of her own affairs.
    While Sylvanas is cunning, i don't think she would just forfeit an open challenge, she may dislike being Warchief, but she also likes being in charge.

Besides, she can't lose and then stay Racial Leader. It just won't work and people will have 0 respect for her. There is a good reason, why the race leaders don't fight, because then 1 stands out as the stronger/better leader.
    That's first and foremost a question of her own people, the Forsaken, if they still see her as their queen, the remaining Horde leaders have to accept this or kick the Forsaken out of the Horde.

Deleted
    I always like to divide Horde to Western Horde and Eastern Horde.You can figure out who goes where.
    Western Horde being the original and the one I acknowledge.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    While Sylvanas is cunning, i don't think she would just forfeit an open challenge, she may dislike being Warchief, but she also likes being in charge.

That's first and foremost a question of her own people, the Forsaken, if they still see her as their queen, the remaining Horde leaders have to accept this or kick the Forsaken out of the Horde.
    I just think it is quite clear, that besides Galliwix, she is the weakest of the Horde leaders when it comes to 1vs1 fighting and brute strenght, and that she knows this. This is why she would proberly rather do something like Cercei does with wildfire in GoT then actually go to a fight, she know she might lose and where she actually wants to win.

I know that we are in the lore section of MMO, but i don't think her likeness matters from the perspective of the Forsaken, it matters from the perspective of the player. And i don't think a race leader can stand if they are defeated by another race leader from the same faction without it being a friendly brawl, since the player will see them as weaker overall, which will create a MASSIVE shitstorm.

If Blizz ever want for Sylvanas to be beaten or kicked from her post as racial leader, they have to create another Forsaken character to take over and i bet it will atleast take 2 expansions to set that character in.

10+ Year Old Account
    So yeah, the alliance can want to kill Sylvanas no matter what, yet the Horde can stand-by Sylvanas because she is at her heart a leader among the Horde and they don't just off their own.
    Uh...

If Blizz ever want for Sylvanas to be beaten or kicked from her post as racial leader, they have to create another Forsaken character to take over and i bet it will atleast take 2 expansions to set that character in.
    You do realize "Before the Storm" introduces a council that is currently "meeting the needs of the people" in the Undercity, right?

Okay, first of all: There are 100s of different ways they can go to end the expansion or the current story without having Sylvanas die. Just like the Alliance kind of won in SoO, we might actually see an expansion, where the Horde kind of wins, allowing the Horde to redraw without the alliance going for a direct counterattack.
    The Alliance clearly won SoO. Furthermore, while possible, for the Horde to win, Jaina, Genn and Tyrande have to die. There's no way any of those characters tolerate peace or surrender while staying true to character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Uh...
    Gotta smash the fash bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Gotta smash the fash bro.
    If Garrosh is the fash, and he didn't do anything wrong...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    The Alliance are the whiners? Yet Sylvanas still lives despite atrocities to both factions, and Thrall may as well be the in game embodiment of the ultimate Mary Sue who shan't be named.
    Read again, friend, I said "Blizzard obviously can't deal with the whinier part of their fanbase". I didn't say these whiners were specific to a faction, but the best exemple I could think of was the Southshore uproar, which features, indeed, the worst part of the Alliance population : people who actually believe they are "liberators", that all orcs/forsaken/name it yourself must be exterminated, etc..., in a word : endoctrined people.. This is scary considering this is only a game.. I mean, what are those people like IRL ? (no godwin point intended )
    Last edited by mmoce3896f30ad; 2017-12-05 at 08:12 PM.

Do we actually 100% know the Horde burned Teldrassil? I keep seeing people act like we know that, so I must have missed something. All I remember from Blizzcon was Blizzard coyly dancing around the issue, never quite saying who did it.

He did do a lot of stuff wrong. He was a horrible warmongering, hateful, bigoted, tyrant of a Warchief who stifled the growth and prosperity of the Horde in favor of feeding it's people to a war machine that most of them didn't want in the first place and were so opposed to him and his ideals that the Horde rebelled against him and even temporarily allied with the Alliance to end him.

Before that, we had Grom for some reason cheering alongside people he was just trying wipe off the map.
    WoD was salt in the wound, considering the Iron Horde was everything our Horde should be.
    It clearly wasn't, judging by your own standards. While I think the "Horde be a family" thing is dumb as fuck and agree the Iron Horde has the right general look and theme, I have to point out the Iron Horde doesn't work either. Maybe the Horde shouldn't be a family of underdogs and Blizzard misunderstood this because people are shit at expressing their opinions.

Maybe the Horde wants to be a military juggernaut that doesn't murder children or genocide their enemies. One that isn't focused on conquering the world or opposing the Alliance, but that vigorously maintains its strength without idiotic backstabbing like would often happen in Northrend.

I will always say that Garrosh should have been in charge of R&D because that's what he excelled at. That was Garrosh at his best. Garrosh brings a great aesthetic. His Horde looks cool. The thing is, his Horde turns conquest and war into the entirety of its identity. And more specifically, War against the Alliance as its identity. While this is World of Warcraft, there are other factions to war with.

There should be no reason we can't have that kind of look and military technology without being quite so hyper-aggressive. Who the fuck doesn't want dragon riders and battle tanks?

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Do we actually 100% know the Horde burned Teldrassil? I keep seeing people act like we know that, so I must have missed something. All I remember from Blizzcon was Blizzard coyly dancing around the issue, never quite saying who did it.
    No we don't know yet. All we know at this point from the excerpt from the upcoming book is that Sylvanas has her eye on Stormwind for some reason, that Teldrassil gets burned down and Undercity is lost to the Horde. Who started the whole conflict and why is unknown, as is the person responsible for actually starting the fire on Teldrassil.

Deleted
    You need to understand that the Horde is the Legolas faction in WoW, not the Alliance. There is more elves fighting for the Horde than there is elves fighting for the Alliance.

And yes, orcs, trolls, tauren and all the oldschool races always get the short end of the stick.
    Believe me, I'm a RP player (Yes, we still roam), and I know the Horde inherited all the "Legol-asses" as soon as BElves were introduced...
    But I was focusing more on the "GIVE ALLIANCE HIGHELVES" crowd in my original message, if I have to be specific... They just can't see themselves playing as the other faction to the point that they actually demand to play as an opposite race without faction changing.... And the worst part is that Blizz gave them what they wanted...
    That's called spoiling a child in my book : yielding to a child's uproar instead of patiently waiting for him to understand why life works this way...

Oh well..

*Looks at pulsing Old God heart* sure thing buddy.

Anyway, Sylvanas's popularity power will ensure she doesn't get killed. My guess is that shit will go down, she will fail the Horde in some way or another, and will step down from the position, either to just be leader of the Forsaken or leave for some reason or another. As for who replaces her, don't have a clue. Maybe they develop Baine and he does, maybe Saurfang has a change of heart and decides enough is enough, taking matters into his own ends. Which is definitely my favored outcome.

I'm torn because I really hate that she's the Warchief, but I'm also tired of replacing them every expansion.