Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Well the who nuclear fall out thing is kind of a drag... but yeah I'm pretty chipper about it.
    Don't worry both sides have a plan!

Whether it's 72 virgins or supping at the right have of thy Lord. They figure they'll win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is the type of motherfucker who would bomb the Dome of the Rock. If like doomsday scenarios, thats where a lot of Abrahamic mythology converges.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    their parliament The Knesset is indeed situated in Jerusalem, but nobody else sees Jerusalem as the one and only capital of Israel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    There is, if you decide to comment on this very obvious parallel. Lack of information on this very easy-to-find subject is not a valid excuse. WWII wasn't exactly a niche point in history, either. And you're replying over and over "I don't know anything about it" when you could, I dunno, read something about it, and then have an informed opinion on the subject. Instead of what you have, which is "it is already the de facto capital".

So was Berlin.

Willful ignorance is the worst type of ignorance.
    This thread is about the Miidle East, which I know about as I have lived there and been going for 40 years, so I will comment on what I know about and not make comparisons to things I don’t know about.

There is nothing wrong with me not commenting on things I am not well versed in and a knowledge of East Berlin is not required to comment on Jerusalem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Trump is the type of motherfucker who would bomb the Dome of the Rock. If like doomsday scenarios, thats where a lot of Abrahamic mythology converges.
    Why not. It was built by Muslims after they destroyed the Jewish Temple that was build there to protect the rock that Abraham supposedly attempted to sacrifice his son to god on (hence the name Dome of the Rock) that was there for hundreds of years before. Return it to the people who originally built it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Why not. It was built by Muslims after they destroyed the Jewish Temple that was build there to protect the rock that Abraham supposedly attempted to sacrifice his son to god on (hence the name Dome of the Rock) that was there for hundreds of years before. Return it to the people who originally built it
    Usher in Armageddon (hey in a practically literal sense) over some thousand year old rock because "our people once owned this land". Those people are long gone.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Trump is the type of motherfucker who would bomb the Dome of the Rock.

You don't mess with perfection, son.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Gotta love the outrage from racist liberals over anything related to Israel.
    It's probably confusing to call Republicans Nazi while Republicans tend to protect Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    There is, if you decide to comment on this very obvious parallel. Lack of information on this very easy-to-find subject is not a valid excuse. WWII wasn't exactly a niche point in history, either. And you're replying over and over "I don't know anything about it" when you could, I dunno, read something about it, and then have an informed opinion on the subject. Instead of what you have, which is "it is already the de facto capital".

So was Berlin.

Willful ignorance is the worst type of ignorance.
    Berlin was the capital (not the de facto captial) of one part of Germany, the capital of the other part was Bonn.
    And no Berlin was never the "de facto captial" of that latter (western) part.

The guy is a fucking idiot.

"I mean not naming it didn't stop violence so I decided that pouring gas on it while dancing with a lighter would be a smarter choice"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    This thread is about the Miidle East, which I know about as I have lived there and been going for 40 years, so I will comment on what I know about and not make comparisons to things I don’t know about.

There is nothing wrong with me not commenting on things I am not well versed in and a knowledge of East Berlin is not required to comment on Jerusalem.
    You were very keen to comment on great length about Northern Ireland during the election despite a comprehensive ignorance of the subject at great length, clearly never having lived there. That suggests inconsistency and deception.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The guy is a fucking idiot.

"I mean not naming it didn't stop violence so I decided that pouring gas on it while dancing with a lighter would be a smarter choice"
    Amen to that.

I haven't watched trump speak often.

I honestly think this.

You know how most politicians lie and tell a whole bunch of bullshit they don't believe in but just say because "politics" despite how stupid it is.

Trump isn't one of those, he is the type of politician who says all the dumb shit because he truly is just that fucking retarded and it is shocking to watch him speak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    You were very keen to comment on great length about Northern Ireland during the election despite a comprehensive ignorance of the subject at great length, clearly never having lived there. That suggests inconsistency and deception.
    Northern Ireland is in the UK, I’m from the UK. I am fairly well versed in Northern Irish politics as it intersects with general British politics, so I will comment on that.

I don’t know about East Berlin, nor particularly care, so won’t comment on that.

There is no inconsistency and no deception.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Berlin was the capital (not the de facto captial) of one part of Germany, the capital of the other part was Bonn.
    So they weren’t even right when they were lecturing me?

Welp the US has just ceded any seat at the table for any future mid east peace talks.

Greatest ally!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

At last, justice for the Jewish people. President Trump has announced that the US recognizes Jerusalem as capital of Israel.

My parents told me that after the war of 1967, the following song was playing all over Israel:

Tonight's announcement made me remember it.

Also remembered Psalm 137:5

"If I forget you, O Jerusalem, may my right hand forget [its skill]."

http://www.chabad.org/library/bible_...hapter-137.htm

Interestingly, this Psalm became a hugely successful song by Boney M, and it is one of the most dear memories of my chidhood because I was raised with it:

Last edited by Sturmbringe; 2017-12-06 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Added Psalm 137:5
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Welp the US has just ceded any seat at the table for any future mid east peace talks.
    Well, it does free up the Kush's schedule so he has more time to cure cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    And Trumpy continues. Hell he opened up several businesses in that country when he was running.

Jizzy uses deflect!
    It’s no use!
    Are you trying to get me to argue for pro Saudi/U.S. relations? Sorry, not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Well the who nuclear fall out thing is kind of a drag... but yeah I'm pretty chipper about it.
    I figured but this demonstrate the people who are cheering for this those who are ignorant and those want the region to burn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    This is exactly the type of information that's relevant. Even the parts that are wrong.

Berlin was the "de facto" capital of East Germany, in the sense that it was the capital of Germany before it was divided, and East Germany was part of that division. Russia moved the capital, because even they knew at the time a divided capital was far more trouble than it was worth. Which, until just now, everyone has been doing with Israel.

And just so we're clear, my original question was still "what if Russia just claimed the whole thing?" As you've pointed out, they didn't, but that wasn't the question.

This is still a way better discussion than "I don't know, and I don't care to find out".