Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post

they are EDGY by Alliance standards because defanged amazons and lightsucking scumbags are the base for the rest of that faction of donkeys.
    They are edgy by any standards. Its like silent hill, but instead of blood rust and metal you get linking park posters and framed philosophical quotes from the internet. A true horror.

Also, your avatar is wonderful.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    You find the Void Elves "dwelling with dark vampiric energies, studying the Dar'khan's knowledge, messing with Black Empire tech and opening portals for the evil ethreals" noble and heroic?

Really, do share your dictionary with us all. Because those things are neither noble nor heroic.

No, they aren't. They are just elves, even Umbric himself jokes with the high elves.
    You'll have to forgive ravenmoon. He/she has become quite enamored with void elves and it seems to be effecting him/her in an exaggerated way.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    They quote Nietzsche like all pissy facultative nihilists.

It's Thylanas :3
    What are we but not slaves to this joy?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    people are making up new excuses as they go.. First it was population problem which was debunked, now it is silhouette problem, which is also now debunked with existence of void elves.
    The silhouette problem isn't debunked, IMO. Void Elves are palette-swapped Blood Elves bleeding giant and observable Void effects whenever they enter combat - void wings, energy surges, etc. etc. The silhouette differences aren't as pronounced as say Forsaken vs. Draenei, this is true, but they're quite a deal more pronounced than Blood Elf vs. High Elf (e.g. zero silhouette differences).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    She says this before flying off farting rainbows like Nyancat.
    Truly heinous..... still the most sane of the Windrunner sisters.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

no
    no
    Void Elves are Shit'dorei dumpster elves. Not worthless High Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

they are EDGY by Alliance standards because defanged amazons and lightsucking scumbags are the base for the rest of that faction of donkeys.
    Holy shit, calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The silhouette problem isn't debunked, IMO. Void Elves are palette-swapped Blood Elves bleeding giant and observable Void effects whenever they enter combat - void wings, energy surges, etc. etc. The silhouette differences aren't as pronounced as say Forsaken vs. Draenei, this is true, but they're quite a deal more pronounced than Blood Elf vs. High Elf (e.g. zero silhouette differences).
    what void wings in combat? what energy surges? why does that matter, if they only look like that in combat..If most of the time, they will look like purple blood elves? if they cant give us high elves, then void elves should be a lot more different.. different bone structure, different posture...

10+ Year Old Account
    what void wings in combat? what energy surges? why does that matter, if they only look like that in combat..If most of the time, they will look like purple blood elves? if they cant give us high elves, then void elves should be a lot more different.. different bone structure, different posture...
    you aren't getting high elves, now more than ever it should be obvious to you. "But I want it" has never been an argument.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    you aren't getting high elves, now more than ever it should be obvious to you. "But I want it" has never been an argument.
    did you even read what i wrote? or are you some automated bot, who sees high elf keyword and automatically replies with that prefabricated answer?

interesting, that "i want it argument" worked perfectly for straight back orcs, nightborne and zandalari trolls.. but since you got it, it isnt considered whining, right?
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2017-12-06 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    Are people really obsessed with alliance getting high elves or is this some meme I missed?
    Your language is revealing here.

For example, I am not 'obsessed' with High Elves. The simple fact is that are an obviously legitimate race which has been given plenty of attention by Blizzard, and which has enjoyed plenty of time in the limelight. In several expansions they have played key, or at the very least noticeable roles. People are rightly annoyed/disappointed/etc that they have been essentially retconned out of existence on behalf of a new race which, going by Blizzard's terrible post-WOTLK writing/lore, will obviously not live up to (or compete with) High Elves in peoples' psyche.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    At this point high elves would be slightly recolored blood elves- I mean are people really that desperate for high elves?
    What does the appearance have to do with the race? Since MoP we've had a race which can look entirely identical on both Alliance and Horde (Pandaren). Silhouettes/appearances/etc evidently do not matter anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    did you even read what i wrote? or are you some automated bot, who sees high elf keyword and automatically replies with that prefabricated answer?
    I answered your question that would inevitably go back to "I want high elves" No need for your beating around the bush.
    Holy shit lol

You should bear and mind that Friendlyimmolation and Obelisk Kai only argue from bad faith when it comes to High Elves. Pure spite and schadenfreude, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Not too disimilar to Worgen - in their Human form they're indistinguishable from, well, Humans. Enter combat and they become immediately distinguishable and unique in terms of the silhouette. Same deal with the Void Elves, since silhouetting is primary used to distinguish the races and factions in combat (especially in PvP, but equally apt in PvE). I'm not too impassioned one way or the other about the whole "High Elves for the Alliance" debate - it wouldn't bother me if the Alliance got them, nor does it bother me that they didn't (and now likely won't). But the Void Elves are definitely better differentiated in terms of Horde/Alliance silhouetting when it comes to comparing against the Horde Blood Elves. The "lack of silhouette differentiation" argument is actually better leveraged with the Nightborne vs. the Night Elves.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

since silhouetting is primary used to distinguish the races and factions in combat (especially in PvP, but equally apt in PvE).
    Which hasn't really been a gamebreaker since entirely identical Alliance/Horde Pandaren became a thing.

except void elves have not toggle(atleast it looks for now), but it ramdomly activates during combat, so it isnt some permament appearance change of race.. and some voidy effects hardly create new race.. it is like saying, that priest in voidform gets tentacles for limited time and becomes brand new race..

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    Which hasn't really been a gamebreaker since entirely identical Alliance/Horde Pandaren became a thing.
    Which was apparently a big issue at the time, and remains one. The Pandaren experiment with neutral races and its outcomes are likely a strong counterpoint as to why the Alliance didn't get playable High Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

except void elves have not toggle(atleast it looks for now), but it ramdomly activates during combat, so it isnt some permament appearance change of race.. and some voidy effects hardly create new race.. it is like saying, that priest in voidform gets tentacles for limited time and becomes brand new race..
    I don't think anything about that is set in stone just yet - and as to whether the intensity of the silhouette changes are *enough* is a personal one. The point I opted to make was that the differentiation between Void Elves and Blood Elves was much greater than that of Blood Elves and High Elves. Long story short: N% > 0% where "N" is your amount of differentiation.

Which was apparently a big issue at the time, and remains one.
    Does it?

I can't remember the last time I saw someone complaining about the difficulties of distinguishing between Alliance and Horde Pandaren when it matters (Eg. PvP), nor can I remember even a single instance of it for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Except, by Chronicles 1, the Void is a dark and vampiric force driven to devour all energy. The Void is the primordial vampirism, it consumes existence.

And the Void Elves are happily draining it.
    And fel magic is powered by consuming life yet locks and dhs are things. Fighting fire with fire isnt new to wow lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Does it?

I can't remember the last time I saw someone complaining about the difficulties of distinguishing between Alliance and Horde Pandaren when it matters (Eg. PvP), nor can I remember even a single instance of it for that matter.
    I remember a good deal of people complaining about it - both from the thematic standpoint and the gameplay silhouette standpoint.

interesting, that "i want it argument" worked perfectly for straight back orcs, nightborne and zandalari trolls.. but since you got it, it isnt considered whining, right?
    Yeah. It's not like "i want it" worked for vanilla servers or anything. Oh wait........

- - - Updated - - -

Does it?

Silouettes in pvp dont matter. If they did people wouldn't be able to play arena or rbgs.

" hey, that guy with the red name is clearly attacking me but since he is human too that means he is my ally. I R confuse."

They never mattered in PvE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    And fel magic is powered by consuming life yet locks and dhs are things. Fighting fire with fire isnt new to wow lore.
    Studying void = evil
    Spreading undeath = not evil
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."