Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Silouettes in pvp dont matter. If they did people wouldn't be able to play arena or rbgs.

" hey, that guy with the red name is clearly attacking me but since he is human too that means he is my ally. I R confuse."
    The argument made during the MoP Beta and during MoP itself was a question of organic assessment. The presence of Alliance and Horde Pandaren on the field of battle forced a reliance on the UI elements of the game as opposed to a more organic and spur of the moment visual assessment. UI configuration and set-up is also wildly variable in WoW due to the abundance of add-ons - further reliance on externalized UI components for FoF assessments weren't received so well by either the PvP or the modding communities.

The Void Elf race may be an attempt to resolve these issues by creating a similar race for the Alliance without having it be the exact same race as an existing Horde one, relying on more visual and thus more organic context clues for FoF purposes.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The argument made during the MoP Beta and during MoP itself was a question of organic assessment. The presence of Alliance and Horde Pandaren on the field of battle forced a reliance on the UI elements of the game as opposed to a more organic and spur of the moment visual assessment. UI configuration and set-up is also wildly variable in WoW due to the abundance of add-ons - further reliance on externalized UI components for FoF assessments weren't received so well by either the PvP or the modding communities.

The Void Elf race may be an attempt to resolve these issues by creating a similar race for the Alliance without having it be the exact same race as an existing Horde one, relying on more visual and thus more organic context clues for FoF purposes.
    Yeah. But people play games like Overwatch just fine. A game where enemies can literally look exactly the same. No one gets confused who is on which team.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Yeah. But people play games like Overwatch just fine. A game where enemies can literally look exactly the same. No one gets confused who is on what team though.
    Different context, media, and game type I assume. I don't play Overwatch so I don't really know how FoF determination is done - though I assume like most FPS games it's more a "shoot first and ask questions later" type of scenario.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    And fel magic is powered by consuming life yet locks and dhs are things. Fighting fire with fire isnt new to wow lore.
    Except ravenmoon was saying that Void magic isn't about "sucking magic from living things". Void is the primordial "sucking magic from living things".

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Different context, media, and game type I assume. I don't play Overwatch so I don't really know how FoF determination is done - though I assume like most FPS games it's more a "shoot first and ask questions later" type of scenario.
    Its done similar to wow. Enemies have red names and their spell effects are reddish aswell to tell the difference between friend or foe. Like how a hunter on your team drops a blue frost trap spell effect but the enemy hunter's frost trap is tinted red. People can adapt to changes.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    And you seem to simply ignore the Determined to use this power for the good of Azeroth bit either in your dislike or prejudice against void elves or me, withotu even thinking to take on board ALL the lore descriptions are telling you. Which is also shown in the Alleria storyline and in the quest lines as well. They give you evidence man.
    My quote was in response to you saying Void Elves are these super great elves, that never succumb to the negatives of meddling with void, because they're just so great at everything apparently according to you. No Even in Blizzard's own description if not for Alleria pretty much every single Void Elf would have fallen to darkness, and gone insane. You're ignoring major chunks of the lore, because it doesn't fit your head cannon. I said nothing about their intentions afterwards. I merely quoted DIRECTLY the summary of their race.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I am not implying they are the that's just silly people who aren't understanding what I'm saying and interpreting what i say from their own heads rather than from my words, I mean they're high elves from a global point of view, and the way I phrased it and wrote it down should have been clear that 's what I mean, you must think i'm stupid (Which is rude of you) if you for a minute thought that I thought they are the high elves when the story clearly shows you these are high elves that became blood elves and are now back to being high elves politically but void elves racially.
    When you say it like this, it makes sense. I wasn't taking things from the top of my head, but read them the way you wrote them and you wrote high elves, not politically or racially. What you wrote now makes sense and if that is what you meant earlier, then it is a simple misunderstanding.

Regardless of this, these void elves are blood elves who have fought the Alliance, who have participated in exiling their own kin, which are/were Alliance throughout WoW, for not wanting to change their ways and they have now pushed the boundaries by tapping into the void. All of these things speak against them being Alliance, yet they were added even though there was a more obvious choice to make. This is why having normal high elves or no other type of high elf playable in the Alliance was the only thing that made sense.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-12-07 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    When you say it like this, it makes sense. I wasn't taking things from the top of my head, but read them the way you wrote them and you wrote high elves, not politically or racially. What you wrote now makes sense and if that is what you meant earlier, then it is a simple misunderstanding.

Regardless of this, these void elves are blood elves who have fought the Alliance, who have participated in exiling their own kin, which are/were Alliance throughout WoW, for not wanting to change their ways and they have now pushed the boundaries by tapping into the void. All of these things speak against them being Alliance, yet they were added even though there was a more obvious choice to make. This is why having normal high elves or no other type of high elf playable in the Alliance was the only thing that made sense.
    When the Blood elves were going to rejoin the Alliance in MoP it didn't matter they had previously been at war with the Alliance. The Alliance shouldn't reject void users if they don't reject shadow priests, warlocks, death knights and demon hunters from joining.

I see no reason for the Alliance to reject them.

They fought against the Alliance? Well the belves had done that when Varian offered in MOP and it appears Anduin was trying to repeat that process via Alleria. So that doesn't matter. NIght elves also fought with Jaina's alliance forces but they ended up joining the Alliance.

They're dabbling with the void. Well we have shadow priests and death knights and demon hunters and warlocks. If we're allowed to use fel which consumes life, then why not use the void against our enemies. Fight fire with fire is not new in WoW not even in the Alliance.

We also don't know that this particular group of blood elves had anything to do with banishing any high elves or any other reason they'd conflict with alliance high elves ideologically. But with them being banished it doesn't much matter now, and they have Alleria's backing.

When the Blood elves were going to rejoin the Alliance in MoP it didn't matter they had previously been at war with the Alliance. The Alliance shouldn't reject void users if they don't reject shadow priests, warlocks, death knights and demon hunters from joining.
    That narrative was written for the sake of nothing because we all know a playable race wouldn't switch sides. It was a good opportunity for playable high elves though.

I understand that void users shouldn't be rejected because there are fel users that have been widely accepted by now, but I still believe that normal high elves would have been a better addition since it makes sense both lorewise and aesthetically.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    I didn't think Ion said there was a population issue. I thought he said something like umm spoiler blood elves are high elves.
    Was referring to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkdT...tu.be&t=18m17s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    people are making up new excuses as they go.. First it was population problem which was debunked, now it is silhouette problem, which is also now debunked with existence of void elves.
    See above.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    people are making up new excuses as they go.. First it was population problem which was debunked, now it is silhouette problem, which is also now debunked with existence of void elves.
    You're right about that. Finding a vague reason as to why something isn't happening or shouldn't happen is all the rage in WoW. Apparently more blood elves played with the void than there are normal high elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    No. They should have the blood elf exiles and then have many of the remaining high elves become void elves to explain their numbers.
    Then why not just have high elves instead? Why make up another race? What is so special about the blood elves that they dabble in the void but no one else?

What do you mean “how to make them work”? Their lore issues won’t prebent them from being highly popular. The Alliance is finally getting normal Elves. And the always popular Dark Elves at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Thorns View Post
    There is no need for them to be many in order to become an Allied Race.
    Then why did Ion ever use that logic to begin with?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Then why did Ion ever use that logic to begin with?
    As excuse I imagine. We are not perfect, brother. Sins and sinister allegiances cloud our judgement, make us seek coin instead of absolution. Working in such a big company must be taxing on the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

No, just...no.

Void energies corrupt and drive mad. They don't do resurrection.

The void elves are what they are, the antithesis of a light based blood elf.

Just take them for what they are and be happy you got that.
    coff coff necromancy is from shadow magic coff coff

Quote Originally Posted by ThePallyRanger View Post
    Hi there,
    I'm someone who for a long time has felt that High Elves should be playable or that the Blood Elves should have always been part of the Alliance.
    This part alone just made me see where all this would go!!!
    Another High Elves hard on alliance fanboy thread!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavius View Post
    coff coff necromancy is from shadow magic coff coff
    Necromancy isn't resurrection, it's reanimation.

There's a big difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    This part alone just made me see where all this would go!!!
    Another High Elves hard on alliance fanboy thread!
    Have you seen the US general forums? It's completely insane. The penny dropping with Void Elves has caused a lot of people to go into denial. All the talk of how their thalassian elves could have a different model or be altered in some way and it would be fine has proven to be a lie. Once Blizzard went and did that, turns out that it wasn't good enough. Turns out what has always been wanted is a clone of a Horde race. Not even a 90% match will do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Then why not just have high elves instead? Why make up another race? What is so special about the blood elves that they dabble in the void but no one else?
    Because High Elves are too similar to Blood Elves and would be much more harmful to the Alliance:Horde ratio.