Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    He died 6 months ago if I recall.

That said pineapple most certainly does deserve a place on a pizza.

You need to correct that title. It's great news for pizza lovers, bad news for the freaks who liked to ruin them.

RIP you sacrilegious man.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm never going to understand you fucking simpletons who argue over food, music and sex as if they are objective facts.

People have preferences. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    I'm never going to understand you fucking simpletons who argue over food, music and sex as if they are objective facts.

People have preferences. Deal with it.
    And those preferences are wrong. Deal with it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    And those preferences are wrong. Deal with it.
    And that makes your IQ about 60.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Hawaiian pizza was a staple of my childhood, I never knew it was so controversial. Pineapple has it's place on pizza, anyone who says otherwise is wrong unfortunately.
    Strawberries are even fruitier on a pizza.

Also...technically...tomato is a fruit

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    And that makes your IQ about 60.
    Seeing as how you're a Texan, that still puts me 60 above you.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    This is a sad day for pizza. The Hawaiian pizza is the best thing to happen to pizza since sliced bread. Will be eating some Hawaiian pizza this weekend...

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...a-dies-aged-83
    I hate pineapples on pizza!!! Whenever I got it, I took that crap off and yes I've tried it before making my choice about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Also, there are dessert pizzas and they are delicious.
    That's because it's not a pizza.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    That's because it's not a pizza.
    Sure they are. Going by the Italian definition, anyway. I'd think they'd get a say on what's pizza or not. Dessert pizzas are very common in restaurants in Italy. Dessert pizzas with sweet stuff on it, such as powdered sugar or Nutella or similar, pizzas with or without tomato, pizza with nothing on it, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    other fruit outside of tomato
    /thread

Don't you americans consider pizza a vegetable as well?

Deleted
    I love Pizza Hawaii.

But I also really like Hot & Spicy (No fish though - eww).

RIP you mad genius. You have made the world a tiny bit of a better place with your creation.

im converting normal joe shmo no taste buds to pineapple pizza at any chance i get.

so far ive converted 4 people.

Pineapple/Pizza 2020
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Well that's just it, normally sweetness is a no go on something typically savory like pizza. It's not my go to favorite topping, but I'll never turn down a Hawaiian pizza. There's something about pineapple that no other traditional fruit can match. I can't think of another fruit that would even remotely work.

That being said, it has to be paired with ham. I won't take it otherwise.

Sad news, but sweet *anything* does not belong on traditional "tomato/cheese" based pizza, period. IMO, of course. Neither do cracked raw eggs - thank you for the nightmares from my youth, Paris.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Not necessarily. Some guys put the mayo between the bun and the lettuce, keeping it cool against the hot beef. Some, like myself, spread it right onto the steaming patty for that hot mayo goodness.
    My bun will have been toasted.

In any case, mayo is actually a good browning agent when spread on bread. Try it on the outside of a grilled cheese instead of butter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    Sad news, but sweet *anything* does not belong on traditional "tomato/cheese" based pizza, period. IMO, of course. Neither do cracked raw eggs - thank you for the nightmares from my youth, Paris.
    Sweet and Savory is a thing, sorry to say. How about pickled peppers on your pizza?

And by raw egg, I assume you mean a soft cooked egg with a runny yolk. That's not raw, and it's delicious on almost anything.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I invented a new pizza and you can too!

Try X on pizza and watch the world divide itself over your decision!

Change the world by pizza.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    hopefully marks a new age for pizza where people stop fucking putting pineapple and other fruit outside of tomato on it
    Well if you can profane it with all the greasy shit Americans put on it, putting some fruit on it is hardly making it worse. Though I suspect that if you think a doughy, greasy lump of congealed, fake cheese is tasty, you might object to some actual flavor. Ham and pineapple go great together.