Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what amount, if any, Ford will gain from this?

Cents could damage Ford a hell of a lot more than Ford can damage Cena over a breech of contract for what was his personal property.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    The jist of why he is being sued is because Ford made everyone who bought the new GT sign a contract that they won't flip it for profit. Cena sold his after a month to "pay bills" which are Cena's exact words.

He also reviews the vehicle on his car Blog, which many people have noted, the poor guy barely fits in the thing.
    "poor guy". Yeah, Poor guy gets a brand new sports car without any payments. He accepted it and has to own up to it. He signed that deal. I don't like these big car companies but he made the decision.

If he didn't want it, shouldn't have signed the deal.

He signed a contract and broke the rules of said contract, so he's being sued. Pretty straight forward despite any reasoning he gives tbh.

actually for all.people claiming contracts are legally binding, you dont understand how contract works. A contract can be challenged in front of court anytime, If a court settle that a contract should no longer be legal, its not. It likely Cena can win this as he has the ownership, therefore its actually against his right, you cant sign your rights away, i mean you can, but in front of courts it doesent hold up anyway.

So why is it ford sueing? Because its like anything else, if they dont attempt to legitimize the contract for Cena they have to let everyone else that bought this car know they can actually now sell it. If they win they can enfoce it, if they lose its like they did not sue and the contract is void for everyone else again.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-12-07 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    "poor guy". Yeah, Poor guy gets a brand new sports car without any payments. He accepted it and has to own up to it. He signed that deal. I don't like these big car companies but he made the decision.

If he didn't want it, shouldn't have signed the deal.
    He bought the car, it's not as if Ford gave it to him for free. He clearly broke the contract, that isn't up for debate. He also flat out stated that he sold it to pay bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I don't see how they can't enforce it. Ferrari does the same thing with their limited edition vehicles. You can't resell the Enzo, La Ferrari or FXX before a certain time frame. Even then you get put on a list of low priority for buying new Ferrari if you do sell them.
    Because Ferrari does not take you to court for 8 million, they bump you down their list for limited cars. They dont and cant do anything about the one you sold if they made you sign ownership papers.

Deleted
    TLDR:

Contracts always take place between three parties: buyer, seller and the law.

A contract that the government does not agree with has no legal validity whatsoever. This dispute is not about whether or not Ford and Cena agreed to the contract. It is about whether or not it is a valid contract in the first place as regulated by the law. Anyone arguing that Cena should honor the contact simply "because he signed it" is objectively wrong. It is not his call to make and neither is it Ford's. It is the law, and the law alone, that will determine whether the agreement was indeed a legally binding contract or just a worthless piece of paper with a bunch of meaningless symbols on it.

Moreoever, anyone arguing that a contract should be valid simply because two parties signed it, is a self-harming moron opening themselves up to potential abuse. Only the inclusion of a neutral mediator representing society at large through the rule of law can ensure free and fair contractual agreements.

Pocket change for that guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Hopefully Ford loses this case mightily. While certainly not the only one out there pulling this sort of shit, they have a track record of artificially keeping production numbers low in an effort to impact depreciation. They do this on the Mustang 350 / 350R's, and the GT as well.
    There is no way on Earth Ford will lose they have a contract that is legally binding. All cars dealers make you sign an agreement when you buy one other manufactures such as Ferrari do it as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Pocket change for that guy.
    That is the funny thing, he said he sold because he needed money.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    There is no way on Earth Ford will lose they have a contract that is legally binding. All cars dealers make you sign an agreement when you buy one other manufactures such as Ferrari do it as well.

- - - Updated - - -

That is the funny thing, he said he sold because he needed money.
    Is that so, though the guy was loaded with cash lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    I wonder what amount, if any, Ford will gain from this?

Cents could damage Ford a hell of a lot more than Ford can damage Cena over a breech of contract for what was his personal property.
    The amount mentioned was $74,000.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    He bought the car, it's not as if Ford gave it to him for free. He clearly broke the contract, that isn't up for debate. He also flat out stated that he sold it to pay bills.
    I think it's a bad PR move but I assume they gave him a deal or paid him for the promotion, He wouldn't do it for free.

I can't wait to see this on Judge Judy, Judy VS Cena who will win.....and out of no where Judge Marilyn Milian hits Judge Judy in the back with a chair and coming out of the crowd to Judy's rescue is .......

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Yeah fuck it. All contracts should be null and void in a court of law. I mean they literally forced him to sign it at gun point.
    The point isn't that he signed the contract it is that a contract like this should be void on its face, because hindering the mobility of property isn't something that should be allowed. The courts hate it in real estate there is no reason they should allow it for other titled property. There has always been a legal theory that property shouldn't be encumbered for future sale, once you've purchased property you should be able to move it freely. Allowing major corporations to create contracts that hinder the mobility of property once the owner takes possession isn't a good standard to create. Just because you draft a contract and people sign it doesn't mean it is legally enforceable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VincentX View Post
    TLDR:

Contracts always take place between three parties: buyer, seller and the law.

A contract that the government does not agree with has no legal validity whatsoever. This dispute is not about whether or not Ford and Cena agreed to the contract. It is about whether or not it is a valid contract in the first place as regulated by the law. Anyone arguing that Cena should honor the contact simply "because he signed it" is objectively wrong. It is not his call to make and neither is it Ford's. It is the law, and the law alone, that will determine whether the agreement was indeed a legally binding contract or just a worthless piece of paper with a bunch of meaningless symbols on it.

Moreoever, anyone arguing that a contract should be valid simply because two parties signed it, is a self-harming moron opening themselves up to potential abuse. Only the inclusion of a neutral mediator representing society at large through the rule of law can ensure free and fair contractual agreements.
    Also, I want to second this, much better stated than what I said.

I'm pretty sure the individual's property rights take priority here

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    The amount mentioned was $74,000.
    Wow...seems like Ford is picking the wrong battle.

I'm not a Cena or wrestling fan but I imagine there are going to be at least a few hundred people (out of just one country with 300 million and several million wrestling fans) that are going to say, "Fuck that, I'm never buying a Ford again because of them suing Cena." Going off the average car purchase price in the US of $33,000 that means Ford could stand to lose millions over bad PR in the coming years.

That sounds like corporate stupidity at it's finest. Cena is wrong, but they are splitting hairs over brand identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I think it's a bad PR move but I assume they gave him a deal or paid him for the promotion, He wouldn't do it for free.
    Nah that's not what Ford wanted. When Ford choose the people who were going to be able to purchase the Ford GT they choose people who have a public image and would be seen driving the car. They wanted to avoid people buying them and storing them away, never being seen in public. The Ford GT is Ford's Halo car and they want it to be seen, talked about, read about, etc...

Part of the contract signed was saying the customer wouldn't resell the car within a certain time period. Because they didn't want the car going to someone they didn't want owning the vehicle.

There were no deals, there were over 5000 applicants to purchase the 400-500 something GTs they actually were making. The reseller market is huge right now for cars, Ford, Porsche, Lexus/Toyota etc... are doing everything they can to stop people from artificially inflating the price of their special models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    Wow...seems like Ford is picking the wrong battle.

I'm not a Cena or wrestling fan but I imagine there are going to be at least a few hundred people (out of just one country with 300 million and several million wrestling fans) that are going to say, "Fuck that, I'm never buying a Ford again because of them suing Cena." Going off the average car purchase price in the US of $33,000 that means Ford could stand to lose millions over bad PR in the coming years.

That sounds like corporate stupidity at it's finest. Cena is wrong, but they are splitting hairs over brand identity.
    I mean to be fair Cena has admitted he screwed up and will work with Ford to clear it up. He claims he didn't know the clause that he must own the car for at least 2 years was in it. Ford is suing because they are afraid he took a limited item and flipped it for a profit which lessens their integrity when it comes to selling these high priced limited items.

he didn't see that coming