Poll: Would you do it?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    20 million, access to books, my computer internet n wow

Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Would you guys spend 12 months in max security prison for $1 million dollars cash. No tax deductions.

23 hours of solitary confinement with 1 hour of time in an outdoor cage where u can only see the sky.
    Sure, if I also get a good gaming rig and a solid internet connection.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    20 million, access to books, my computer internet n wow

Sure
    I was with you with books, the rest, that's just being paid 20 million to play wow. anyone would do that.

I'm pretty sure an entire year of 23/7 solitary confinement would drive most people legitimately insane. The 1 million wouldn't do much good after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    aH yes, the Y chromosome, noted summoner of rape demons from the misogyny dimension.

I don't think so, one year without friends and family is not worth 1kk for me.

MAYBE if I had access to internet and video games, but even so I don't think I would.

PS: That of course assuming endurance test.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    You would be surprised how many of us there are who prefer solitude.
    there's a difference between sitting alone at home and hating the world & being forced to exist in a tiny box with no luxuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Couple things will happen, 1 you would make yourself a target and 2 that won't actually work unless you know people that would back you otherwise you will just looks like some goofball at the very least and the guards could take it as a sign of dispectect.

That's how you get your ass thrown in a cell with like a inmates nobody else wants to deal with. Oh and you will wind up with a hell of a lot more time than a year for trying to bribe correctional officers.

The best thing is to not go in acting tough, keep to yourself but don't act like a complete pussy, stand up for yourself but just don't over do it, shut your mouth and keep to yourself, shit you can ask for segregation, which mostly means you will be in your cell for most of your time including meals, during that time provided you aren't stupid you get access to books, and you could spend most of your time just reading and passing the time.

Easy $1,000,000
    I feel like you'd be one of the biggest, no offense, prison bitches because you didn't even try to read the original post. People in prison learn how to read very well. OP said it's 23 hours in solitary. How am I going to go around acting tough or keep to myself when I'm spending 23hrs in a pit? Your method is exactly what you should do in actual max security prison, but it goes to pure shit when being put in the hole for a year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    Based on OPs scenario you only get 1hr outside in a cage where you can only see the sky. Doesn’t sound like you’d be able to talk to the other inmates to bribe them if the guards wouldn’t give in. Also you likely wouldn’t get any $$ until after the year, not upfront. Even if you got t it upfront you’d need to give someone on the outside access to it (as you can’t just go up to the prison ATM and pull out $400K and start throwing it around) to be able to pay off the gangs you’re bribing. Sounds risky for that person and you’ll likely get scammed.
    1 hour outside has nothing to do with how much I can talk to the guards or the other inamtes. What do like robots feed me in my cell? No humans talk to you while you're in the 23 hour cell? No inmates within miles of kites I could send out? That's not how it works. I'm talking to multiple humans a day for sure, if it has anything to do with how solitary actually goes down.

Turning a negative into a positive is what humans do best. Enjoy your shit time while I kick back watching projector screen movies in my cell waiting for the payday.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2017-12-08 at 12:37 PM.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    just to clarify guys there would be no criminal conviction on your record. it's an endurance test.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you guys spend 12 months in max security prison for $1 million dollars cash. No tax deductions.

23 hours of solitary confinement with 1 hour of time in an outdoor cage where u can only see the sky.
    Hell no.
    I spent a week in jail when I was younger because wanted to act tough and that thing was horrible, not because of people I was there with, but because there's nothing to do. Also a skinny white boy like me in a max security prison wouldn't last a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I feel like you'd be one of the biggest, no offense, prison bitches because you didn't even try to read the original post. People in prison learn how to read very well. OP said it's 23 hours in solitary. How am I going to go around acting tough or keep to myself when I'm spending 23hrs in a pit? Your method is exactly what you should do in actual max security prison, but it goes to pure shit when being put in the hole for a year.
    Ok good luck with that, as for prison I will take your word for it, I have never been to prison, but I have known people who have and who worked as prison guards. You COULD bribe one, but it isn't very easy to do, in general though unless you have some kind of problem with isolation as you pointed out 1 year for $1,000,000 seems pretty easy.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    True solitary? Heck no.

That shit drives people bananas.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

I would lay in bed for a year for some decent money
    hit & run posting lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Ok good luck with that, as for prison I will take your word for it, I have never been to prison, but I have known people who have and who worked as prison guards. You COULD bribe one, but it isn't very easy to do, in general though unless you have some kind of problem with isolation as you pointed out 1 year for $1,000,000 seems pretty easy.
    I also know tons of people who have been in both positions. It's not hard at all to bribe/threaten people. I just would rather have it be easy, which is why I said that coming out of it with a majority of the original million would be the route I would take. A fine $600k will do me just fine, and anyone who won't make it easy on me will face the wrath of the $400k I'm willing to put out on them.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I also know tons of people who have been in both positions. It's not hard at all to bribe/threaten people. I just would rather have it be easy, which is why I said that coming out of it with a majority of the original million would be the route I would take. A fine $600k will do me just fine, and anyone who won't make it easy on me will face the wrath of the $400k I'm willing to put out on them.
    Really then you go ahead and run this scenario by them, and I am sure they will tell you the same thing I have. It it's not hard to bribe/threaten people especially in prison, in fact it happens all the time, which is exactly why it won't work.

Most people who are guards are pretty much assholes, that might, but more than likely will not take a bribe, it has more to do with risk than anything else. You could bribe other inmates, and potentially if you knew someone as you said to perhaps facilitate it. But uh these are criminals, I am sure you can trust trying to do business with these low lifes won't come back to bite you in the ass.

I am not just talking about snitching, although it wouldn't be really uncommon for that to happen, but no, once you make a deal, you deal for life.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Field Marshal I Cannot Fap To That's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes. No doubt .

Of course, playing video games, working out and hanging out with the other inmates, it's like a long vacation that i get payed alot of money for.

Even do it for the example in the op, not that bad.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-12-08 at 01:20 PM.

As long as it is solitary then iam fine i will take the million dollars.

With Solitary confinement you have less chance of being gang raped!!

10+ Year Old Account

No, because it is a slap in the face to wrongly convicted people who may be sitting in prison for a crime they didn't do.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    add another zero on there and maybe.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.