LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Correlation does not equal causation.
    You're using that phrase wrong. It's

Correlation does not necessarily imply causation

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    You're using that phrase wrong. It's

Correlation does not necessarily imply causation
    I think everyone understands the meaning.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

If pizza with pineapple in it isnt a pizza, then lets call it something else.... pineappleazza? In that case I dont want a pizza. I want a pineappleazza. It tastes good. Who cares if its a pizza or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I think everyone understands the meaning.
    me not understund wut u mean

need pikchure

Quote Originally Posted by Zulaza View Post
    I don't understand this hatred about pinepples on pizza.. Like, I dont want it on a pizza, nor do I like pineapple outside pizza, but why should I care what others have on their pizza? They're eating it, not me.
    Nobody really cares, it's a meme because it's really polarizing who likes it or not on their pizza.

Deleted
    if you could go back in time and either kill baby hitler or baby this guy i would almost kill baby hitler

Deleted
    The problem is the fact that people call it Pizza. If it is not from Naples, it's not Pizza.

You savages call it Tomato Pie or whatever and add whatever disgusting toppings you want to it (peaches, why not?), just do not call it pizza. Just like I don't go aorund putting slices of pineapple in a bun and calling it a burger.

As an italian i really don't care......to me it's a bit disgusting put pinneapple on the top, but if people like it i don't see any problem to be honest. Personal taste is personal.
    The only stuff that make me laugh is the word pepperoni, wich is something really different here. Peperoni (not double p) is pepper in ItalyXD. So beware if you come hereXD.
    Btw Pizza now is an UNESCO heritage http://www.arabnews.com/node/1205176/food-health

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Candied bacon. Pork product on fruit, win.

In any case, your hypothetical is wrong because it's not pepperoni going with the pineapple, it's so-called Canadian Bacon.
    Firstly, I was talking about pizza toppings in general. Substitute pepperoni with whatever true, emperor approved, pizza topping you want. Secondly, Canadian bacon is shit anyways. Thirdly, candied bacon is weird, and things like bacon donuts are also a heretical abomination.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

Quote Originally Posted by Danuru View Post
    Firstly, I was talking about pizza toppings in general. Substitute pepperoni with whatever true, emperor approved, pizza topping you want. Secondly, Canadian bacon is shit anyways. Thirdly, candied bacon is weird, and things like bacon donuts are also a heretical abomination.
    I'll disagree. I've offered a challenge to fellow chefs. Here it is: name one thing I can't put bacon on. It can be thick cut bacon, candied bacon, bacon dusted with seven spice, whatever bacon. Just name one thing you think I can't put bacon on.

Although, I guess if you don't like savory/sweet combinations, it's just not going to work. And that's a larger issue that seems to get the most attention when it comes to pineapple on pizza.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Seriously, pairing fruit and spicy greasy meats and cheese are a staple of good taste.

I feel sorry for you and your Ranch ruined taste buds.

10+ Year Old Account
    you are all fighting the wrong evil

Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post

Looks worth trying.

I can't imagine being so unadventurous as to just take a look at some food combo and assume it tastes terrible.

/snip pic
    Are they plantains or bananas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are they plantains or bananas?
    bananas

I'll disagree. I've offered a challenge to fellow chefs. Here it is: name one thing I can't put bacon on. It can be thick cut bacon, candied bacon, bacon dusted with seven spice, whatever bacon. Just name one thing you think I can't put bacon on.

Although, I guess if you don't like savory/sweet combinations, it's just not going to work. And that's a larger issue that seems to get the most attention when it comes to pineapple on pizza.
    I already did. Bacon donuts.

To be perfectly honest. I'm not really big on sweets anyways. It's fine for deserts, when not over done, and I do enjoy pineapple by itself. But when I want something savory, I want something just that. Trying to add sweetness where it doesn't belong has always seemed kind of gimmicky to me (the same with adding bacon to donuts). Of course, my taste buds tend to be more accustomed to Mexican and Hispanic flavors, which tend to be more savory and spicy. It very often does not include sweet. I've come to realize that it's often much different elsewhere in the country, like "sweet pork" being a thing. I've even been to supposed Mexican restaurants with so-called sweet pork. Now that is an even stranger abomination than pineapple pizza, and does not work well at all with traditional Mexican flavors.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

bananas
    I don't trust cooked bananas unless it's a pudding or quickly brûléed with some sugar. I'll pass on that pizza out of principle.

Replace the bananas with pineapple and I'm all in. Also why so much red onion?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danuru View Post
    I already did. Bacon donuts.

To be perfectly honest. I'm not really big on sweets anyways. It's fine for deserts, when not over done, and I do enjoy pineapple by itself. But when I want something savory, I want something just that. Trying to add sweetness where it doesn't belong has always seemed kind of gimmicky to me (the same with adding bacon to donuts). Of course, my taste buds tend to be more accustomed to Mexican and Hispanic flavors, which tend to be more savory and spicy. It very often does not include sweet. I've come to realize that it's often much different elsewhere in the country, like "sweet pork" being a thing. I've even been to supposed Mexican restaurants with so-called sweet pork. Now that is an even stranger abomination than pineapple pizza, and does not work well at all with traditional Mexican flavors.
    So, you probably actually do like sweet and savory, just not when you're directly confronted with it.

For example, BBQ sauce has a lot of sugar.

One of my signature Thai recipes has a lot of sugar in both the marinade and the sauce.

Do you like salted caramel?

And bacon on maple glazed donuts is amazing. Part of the challenge I offered is that we had to make and taste the example of what bacon can't go on. No one has passed the gauntlet with an offering yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't trust cooked bananas unless it's a pudding or quickly brûléed with some sugar. I'll pass on that pizza out of principle.

Replace the bananas with pineapple and I'm all in. Also why so much red onion?

- - - Updated - - -

So, you probably actually do like sweet and savory, just not when you're directly confronted with it.

For example, BBQ sauce has a lot of sugar.

One of my signature Thai recipes has a lot of sugar in both the marinade and the sauce.

Do you like salted caramel?

And bacon on maple glazed donuts is amazing. Part of the challenge I offered is that we had to make and taste the example of what bacon can't go on. No one has passed the gauntlet with an offering yet.
    its not red onion its ham

I used to think pineapple on pizza was the most disgusting thing ever. Then I got pregnant... even after it still tastes fine to me. It's not my favorite. I'm pretty basic and like salami or a margherita pizza, but Hawaiian is probably my hubby's favorite.