Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

Allied Classes: Void Elves would make fine Paladins.

Brothers and sisters, many of you are aware how things work in fellow mmo: SWTOR. Sith Warriors and Jedi Knights use the same abilities but their names and animations differ.

Void Elves are a perfect chance to introduce Void based Paladins, using black/purple and blue instead of white and gold. Twilight warriors of previous expansion, Cataclysm, were such beings in all but themed effects.

This would open many great possibilities, such as arcane infused druids.

Blizzard should go back to the idea of giving races a unique flavor for existing classes, With Tauren Paladins being like sun druids having unique effects, Spell Icons and Flavor Text, Giving that race-class combination a unique feel and lore,

Around the time for another Cataclysm styled race-class combination expansion, Giving certain race-class combos a particular flare and open up more justifications as to why those races can now be that class,

If they really wanted to make them a big deal, Could unlock them similarly to Allied Races, Following a quest chain as to why its possible now, Leading you to unlocking the brand new race-class combination.
    Last edited by wrv451nlp; 2017-12-09 at 04:52 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Void Elves would make fine Paladins.
    The Forsaken are a good candidate to be Lightforged.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wrv451nlp View Post
    Blizzard should go back to the idea of giving races a unique flavor for existing classes, With Tauren Paladins being like sun druids having unique effects, Spell Icons and Flavor Text, Giving that race-class combination a unique feel and lore,

Around the time for another Cataclysm styled race-class combination expansion, Giving certain race-class combos a particular flare and open up more justifications as to why those races can now be that class,

If they really wanted to make them a big deal, Could unlock them similarly to Allied Races, Following a quest chain as to why its possible now, Leading you to unlocking the brand new race-class combination.
    Dear brother, yes! This is exactly what I have in mind. I'm glad you see potential in it. A lot of flavour, feast for themes.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Void Elves would make fine Paladins.
    The Forsaken are a good candidate to be Lightforged.
    Brother, please do read more than title alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Thorns View Post
    Brother, please do read more than title alone.
    But the flavour of the class is the DIRECT opposite of the void. It would make as much sense as forsaken being lightforged, or draenei being warlocks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    But the flavour of the class is the DIRECT opposite of the void. It would make as much sense as forsaken being lightforged, or draenei being warlocks.
    I must disagree, brother. Armed cleric serving its faith. This is what a Paladin is. And if we were to use real life definition then even more so fitting it is. While the light and the Void are the opposites, they both operate like monastic groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I mean, haven't the paladins already Lightforged an undead? (Class Campaign Mount)

I thought X'era lightforging beings was going to be an interesting concept going forward, but Blizzard wrote that possibility out unless other Naaru are capable, or Paladins.

I must disagree, brother. Armed cleric serving its faith. This is what a Paladin is. And if we were to use real life definition then even more so fitting it is. While the light and the Void are the opposites, they both operate like monastic groups.
    If they changed what paladins are defined as in WoW, that'd work.
    As of now, they are "Heavily-armored fighters and defenders who use Holy magic to heal wounds and combat evil." (That quote is from WoW's character creation.)

If they redefined paladins again to simply being those attuned so strongly with their faith they can call forth manifestations of it, sure.
    I'd enjoy seeing the "flavors" involved. Alter the spell effect colors, perhaps add slightly different effects. Keep it mostly the same, but unique enough that you can differentiate between a void and holy paladin.
    Last edited by Sixnalia; 2017-12-09 at 05:37 PM.

I brought up an idea like this in a different thread...immediately shut down. So I'm all for something in this fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    I mean, haven't the paladins already Lightforged an undead? (Class Campaign Mount)

I thought X'era lightforging beings was going to be an interesting concept going forward, but Blizzard wrote that possibility out unless other Naaru are capable, or Paladins.
    We are DEFINETLY seeing more morally questionable lightforging down the line. If they didn't intend for it they wouldn't have questioned both the light and the void in Argus, and we wouldn't be getting a race representing each.

If they wont change Zandalari druid forms to fit them more. You sure as hell aint getting purple paladins
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    That’d open the door for race specific class flavour, I’m all for it.

I miss the old seal of blood effect Blood Knights had. If we could apply that red light effect to Blood Elf Paladins it’d be amazing.

Sick and tired of every Paladin being a boring ass human clone.

And it’s not like they can use tier sets as an excuse, since they don’t exist going forward.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-12-09 at 05:47 PM.

Deleted

If they changed what paladins are defined as in WoW, that'd work.
    As of now, they are "Heavily-armored fighters and defenders who use Holy magic to heal wounds and combat evil." (That quote is from WoW's character creation.)

If they redefined paladins again to simply being those attuned so strongly with their faith they can call forth manifestations of it, sure.
    I'd enjoy seeing the "flavors" involved. Alter the spell effect colors, perhaps add slightly different effects. Keep it mostly the same, but unique enough that you can differentiate between a void and holy paladin.
    Then all we really, truly need is a small text change.

Then all we really, truly need is a small text change.
    Pretty much, along with some in-game emphasis on faith and not just the Light.

Deleted
    Pretty much, along with some in-game emphasis on faith and not just the Light.
    This can be done. I shall pray for it. May Blizzard find it in itself to bless us with the mundane.

Void magic behaves very very differently than light magic (smiting/burning foes vs mind manipulation and tentacle monsters). I don't think you could pull off a proper void paladin with a 1 to 1 ability name change, I think it would have to be a whole new class otherwise it would not be nearly as cool as you think or even as cool as it would deserve to be. I'm not so sure the game needs more classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Except it's been going the other way so it's naive to think so.

Also this specific idea the OP suggests is stupid.
    Never said I believed it’d actually happen.

The OP’s idea is fine, shadow themed ‘paladins’ are something I’ve wanted to see for a while.

Same abilities, different flavour was done really well in SWTOR, I’d love to see it in WoW too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    Void magic behaves very very differently than light magic (smiting/burning foes vs mind manipulation and tentacle monsters). I don't think you could pull off a proper void paladin with a 1 to 1 ability name change, I think it would have to be a whole new class otherwise it would not be nearly as cool as you think or even as cool as it would deserve to be. I'm not so sure the game needs more classes.
    While I agree that Void magic is vast enough to create a new class. I'm definitely not against a Shadow Knight (Paladin mechanics with Void themed spell effects)

Paladins seem to be at the forefront of this conversation, and on the trend, Sunwalkers, would be a great place to implement some of these ideas. Instead of Blessing of Kings, it could just be An'she's Sight. The spell effects could be fire/sun looking as opposed white gold light looking.

Moving a way from Paladins, Druids could be Dinomancer magic making them dinos. Or and I'm stretching here, let's say yuangol were added they could be Druids of the Flame, same mechanics but with a fiery flare and the Staghelm forms from Firelands.

Deleted
    Brother, there are more similarities than not. After all the very Naaru can speak telepatically. Can they drive someone mad? Maybe, possibly, but the Light is force of order. Shadow Priests already have damaging void/shadow abilities. Void Paladins would use it in similar way.

A text and art change can have a bigger effect than you think. After all, the OP brought up swtor, which did it quite well. The double pistolled 'shoot first' gunslinger used the exact same abilities as the careful and calculated imperial sniper. They may sound completely different, but if you can pull off the flavor text and animations, it's not that hard to create a counterpart that plays exactly the same, but feels very different.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

You reminded my of my Ashran days.

I played a ret pala and replaced all spell icons with purple ones. Trying to make a void-themed paladin, had a transmog to go with it too.