Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How much of Bolvar is left in the Lich King?

Is there cannon on this, or are we meant to be guessing? He has certainly asked my DK to do things Bolvar never would have sanctioned.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What has he asked of u my son
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

I think the implication is that it's entirely Bolvar now.

It's just that Bolvar is now evil, having been "jailer of the damned" for so long.

7+ Year Old Account
    bolvar is turning crazy of all the voices in his head.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    He asked me to lead an assault on Light's Hope Chapel, killing paladins and rezzing them to turn on and kill more paladins. He asked me to rez Tirion Fordring as a Death Knight. He asked me to attack Wyrmrest Temple, saying "Do not be merciful."

<The Lich King's icy presence enters your mind once more.> Arthas never found the prize he sought, Deathlord. It is ours by right. The dragons must know where the resting place of their kin resides. Find a member of the bronze flight, the tenders of history. Do not be merciful. <The presence fades.>

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Killing all the red dragons might not have been something Bolvar would have done before.

Or... maybe he would. He has a history with dragons. Maybe he has dracophobia now.

Ordering an attack against his comrades in arms?

He completely lost it.

When you put the crown you are automatically getting knowledge and memories from the previous wearers. Maybe Ner'zhul knew something that Arthas and Bolvar didn't and it changed their mind?
    (from the Christie Golden book)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    When you put the crown you are automatically getting knowledge and memories from the previous wearers. Maybe Ner'zhul knew something that Arthas and Bolvar didn't and it changed their mind?
    (from the Christie Golden book)
    Nerzhul was purged from the helm of domination by arthas at the end of the book

Quote Originally Posted by adqo View Post
    Nerzhul was purged from the helm of domination by arthas at the end of the book
    Yes, so? What does it have to do with my comment?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Yes, so? What does it have to do with my comment?
    -.-' re-read your your first comment... now I get it. My bad.

On topic, helm of domination was created by demons so I assume that nobody would remain sane after long usage.

However we have a lot demon power users running around in crazy transmogs so I don't know.

There was only one spirit in the helm which was arthas, but he was driven "mad" by the frostmourne, not the helm+plate of the damned so my guess is that arthas' memories had some impact on bolvars sanity.

Or maybe yogg-saron theory is on point to this day even on bolvar. Who knows

-.-' re-read your your first comment... now I get it. My bad.
    Haha, don't worry. Sometimes we are not really focusing on what we're reading, but what we're thinking.

Or maybe yogg-saron theory is on point to this day even on bolvar. Who knows
    That would be interesting.

Just one think the healm and nerzul are one. Kiljaden merged the soul to the healm. The thing with arthas was that he resisted having is mind destroyed and emerged as the dominant one.
    Maybe Bolvar resisted too but there is always the influence of Nerzul on them.
    Last edited by HeiAggra; 2017-12-10 at 10:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    Ordering an attack against his comrades in arms?

He completely lost it.
    Sure. But I am 100% Triron would have volunteered to be revived as a Death Knight to fight the legion.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Sure. But I am 100% Triron would have volunteered to be revived as a Death Knight to fight the legion.
    Gezzz no! I hate Tirion!
    Since TOC i hutterly despise him. Allowing horde and alliance to fight and then complaint on the outcome. Like REALLY? WTF DID U expect????
    I glad he is gone

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Gotta disagree, that sounds very out of character. Tirion, who is devoted to the light, would never accept the curse of being undead. Besides, he's grown old and already passed his legacy as Ashbringer to Paladin PC.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    “You are empty inside, just like me.”

I think it’s fair to say there isn’t much Bolvar left, if any remains at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    Gotta disagree, that sounds very out of character. Tirion, who is devoted to the light, would never accept the curse of being undead. Besides, he's grown old and already passed his legacy as Ashbringer to Paladin PC.
    We are talking about the same Tirion that was seconds away from putting on the helm on damnation since it would have been the best thing for Azeroth. If being a Horseman was going to help Azeroth in any way he would have accepted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    We are talking about the same Tirion that was seconds away from putting on the helm on damnation since it would have been the best thing for Azeroth. If being a Horseman was going to help Azeroth in any way he would have accepted it.
    He was willing to put on the crown cause the LK JUST died, and with his death all the remaining scourge became free, ready to rampage through the world. Each second was of the essence, there was no time to discuss who should sacrifice himself or what should they do. Either now, or Azeroth is doomed.
    Him becoming DK, while maybe being useful, would not help that much, let alone be the decider of the world's fate.

Also, even if he wore the crown, it would be by his choice. What choice does he have while being dead and someone is ressurecting him? He was already at the side of the light. Becoming DK would prevent him from getting there again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Certainly the transition from Punished Bolvar to Lich King had some dramatic personality shifts.