Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    I think that the Wildhammer becoming involved again with the other dwarves after Cata was how they opened the door for Dwarf Shamans when they were allowing more race/class combo's though, so theres a chance they may already count as an allied race. If that's true I dunno what they'll end up doing down the line. Wildhammers are cool though.
    I think that was more them teaching bronzebeard dwarves. Dark Irons too were part of the Alliance cata onward and I believe were why dwarves got mages/warlocks in Cata. (Well not ALL of them but Moira's faction joined in Cata.)

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I think that was more them teaching bronzebeard dwarves. Dark Irons too were part of the Alliance cata onward and I believe were why dwarves got mages/warlocks in Cata. (Well not ALL of them but Moira's faction joined in Cata.)
    I hadn't considered the teaching angle-- that definitely keeps the door open.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh. Imagine they would make them a horde allied race and you go questing in Twilight Highlands...

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    I don't think Wildhammer Druids would go against the lore though.

I think this subrace is a great idea, gives Alliance druids a new race to play, maybe also give them Night Elf Worgen to even things out 2-2 .
    Honestly, it wouldn't be *that* much of a stretch to give Wildhammer Dwarves a connection to the Emerald Dream. Given their affinity for animals and nature, and their proximity to an Emerald Dream portal (Seradane) it's not that farfetched.

I'm totally game for Wildhammer Allied Race though. Give them tattoos, feathers, occasional lightning sparks, a Stormhammer racial, a Gryphon racial (with a short duration if you don't have flight training) and some other flavor stuff. Warrior, Monk, Druid, Shaman, Hunter. Done.

Oh, and a cool heritage set made with tons of Gryphon feathers and adornments.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Maybe their racial could be a version of the whistle from legion. Their griffon could pick them up and bring them to a flight master.
    Great idea imo, that would make a thematic and balanced racial.

It's amazing to me that people want to keep dwarves Alliance after we get BE's in the form of VE and the Hordes get NE in the form of NB.

At this point? Fuck the lore, it's been fucked till WoD and I'd rather see different races ally themselves with different factions.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I love this thread. Glad to see so much Wildhammer support. Adding them as an allied race would finally fix the mistake Blizzard made several expansions ago when they allowed Bronzebeard dwarves to be shaman.

I want Heritage Armor (and mount) like this:
    that looks amazing

I'm all for it. Wildhammer and Dragonmaw allied races would be great for rivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    It's amazing to me that people want to keep dwarves Alliance after we get BE's in the form of VE and the Hordes get NE in the form of NB.

At this point? Fuck the lore, it's been fucked till WoD and I'd rather see different races ally themselves with different factions.
    Pass. Wildhammers belong on the Alliance.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Pass. Wildhammers belong on the Alliance.
    This. I don't even think it's possible to explain it lorewise, the dwarves in general despise the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Vondoo View Post
    This. I don't even think it's possible to explain it lorewise, the dwarves in general despise the horde.
    Yeah. Hell the twilight highlands zone as Alliance back in Cata was all about unifying them and bringing them into the Alliance, AND we have the whole council of three hammers setup. Them going horde would be like having the Revantusk go Alliance.

I would think Wildhammers are a given. They probably just didn't want to get yelled at for having the first 2 out of 3 Alliance Allied Races be Dwarves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Why the fuck are people advocating for stuff that is basically a Barbershop customization.

We are already getting lazy as fuck Allied Races - Highmountain, Lightforged and Dark Iron Dwarves. You could even argue the Void Elves as they are essentially a pale skinned blood elf.
    Because that's exactly what allied Races are. Distinct enough culturally to be separate from the original faction, but not distinct enough to be considered a full race of their own.

5+ Year Old Account
    Why the fuck are people advocating for stuff that is basically a Barbershop customization.

We are already getting lazy as fuck Allied Races - Highmountain, Lightforged and Dark Iron Dwarves. You could even argue the Void Elves as they are essentially a pale skinned blood elf.
    Allied races aren't meant to be unique, I guess blizzard is going for a more quantity over "quality" but in this case it's a good thing.

5+ Year Old Account
    We won't be getting "full races" anymore. Allied Races are it now.

They should be named "Allied Cultures". A Highmountain Tauren is still 100% a Tauren. They were just blessed by a moose god and given antlers and they lived in a different area.

Yaungol or Taunkka would be a better choice of an "Allied Race".

- - - Updated - - -

How is it a good thing?

Have you seen the early previews of the Allied Races? Probably the laziest thing I've ever seen.

You're not really getting SIX new races. You're getting(arguably) 2 new races(nightborne/zandalari) and 4 new barbershop customizations that cost the same price as a full race change.
    I'm... not even going to get into this argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    I find it funny that people say they should add it as extended customization. Look at Highmountain Taurens, they aren't more different to normal Taurens than Wildhammer is to Bronzebeard, but still an allied race. If we get Wildhammer, we'll get it as an allied race, and I think that'd be cool for all the people who's wanted it for ages.
    This.

Highmountain are literally the stock Tauren with antlers and a few tattoo options. Furthermore, they're already 'tweaking' the Dark Irons so they have more unique stuff like embers from beards that now glow. No reason they couldn't do something similar with runic tattoos for Wildhammers, as well as give 'em different shades of more tanned/fair skin colours.

The Alliance also needs more Druid races.

Was honestly a little disappointing to see dark irons and not wildhammers playable, hope we'll get to see them in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    Honestly, it wouldn't be *that* much of a stretch to give Wildhammer Dwarves a connection to the Emerald Dream. Given their affinity for animals and nature, and their proximity to an Emerald Dream portal (Seradane) it's not that farfetched.

I'm totally game for Wildhammer Allied Race though. Give them tattoos, feathers, occasional lightning sparks, a Stormhammer racial, a Gryphon racial (with a short duration if you don't have flight training) and some other flavor stuff. Warrior, Monk, Druid, Shaman, Hunter. Done.

Oh, and a cool heritage set made with tons of Gryphon feathers and adornments.
    i would say it is a stretch, it just doesnt fit the lore.

Their connection to nature is more akin to the connection a farstrider has than to the connection a nelf or a tauren has

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    i would say it is a stretch, it just doesnt fit the lore.

Their connection to nature is more akin to the connection a farstrider has than to the connection a nelf or a tauren has
    Wildhammer dwarves are very in-tune with nature, they respect the earth, plants, animals etc. and even worship spirit animals which is more of a shaman thing but shaman and druids are pretty similiar.
    I would argue it makes more sense than worgen druids. Gilnean human never really used nature magic, the times they did was to increase crop growth. They were never a nature based society.

Quote Originally Posted by Vondoo View Post
    Wildhammer dwarves are very in-tune with nature, they respect the earth, plants, animals etc. and even worship spirit animals which is more of a shaman thing but shaman and druids are pretty similiar.
    I would argue it makes more sense than worgen druids. Gilnean human never really used nature magic, the times they did was to increase crop growth. They were never a nature based society.
    Yeah, if Worgen/Gilneans can take up 'full time' Druidism between the starting zone and Darkshore, then so can the Wildhammer imo.

Besides, after Tauren Paladins you can pretty much justify anything. "Oh yeah they actually worshipped An'she/THE LIGHT and they just forgot about it lol."