Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Bro Team Pill. Sounds MRA / redpiller/ deplorable. Is he MRA / redpiller /deplorable?

Anyone know what he actually said to get banned? Or is this thread just another conspiracy thread created by a biased fan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Anyone know what he actually said to get banned? Or is this thread just another conspiracy thread created by a biased fan?
    He can just post it on some other random website, so I don't see the problem.

"You may not make specific threats of violence or wish for the physical harm, death, or disease of an individual or group of people"

Is that a joke? Does Twitter read Twitter? The only two things I see people use Twitter for is name calling and to wish for the physical harm, death, or disease of an individual or group of people. If they were really enforcing that standard their entire service would disappear the very next time President Trump creates a tweet.

not sticking up for the sex offender but threats are threats regardless of what someone has done in the past or going to do in the future, as much as i hate it twitter is sadly right on this one

Quote Originally Posted by Shamu View Post
    not sticking up for the sex offender but threats are threats regardless of what someone has done in the past or going to do in the future, as much as i hate it twitter is sadly right on this one
    Only idiots think that if you don't agree with them, you're some kind of sex offender or a supporter of such.
    It's typical twitter behaviour tho, don't worry about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    It's a private company so I see no issue.
    If twitter is so bad, stop using it.
    Doesn't matter if it's a private company.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You do realize that false accusations of criminal behaviour are legally actionable, right? In the court system.

SJWs have told us to listen and believe so even if it is a complete fallacy you should accept your guilt and apologize after all we have too many sex offenders abusing their positions of power.

He can just post it on some other random website, so I don't see the problem.
    Did you even bother reading what I wrote before quoting me?

It's a private company so I see no issue.
    If twitter is so bad, stop using it.
    Censorship and defamation is bad regardless of private or public company.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    The other day, the user know as BroTeam, whom some might know from Twitter, Youtube or Twitch as just some Canadian guy who plays shitty games and squeals like a dolphin, was banned from Twitter for an unspecified threat of personal violence.

Twitter has refused to specify what post in particular that warranted the termination of BroTeam's Twitter account and has turned down an appeal with no comment made.
    BroTeam, or Sean which is his real name, has often been involved with blowing the hatch on people who've turned out to be guilty of crimes of a sexual nature. Now it seems, he was going to expose someone who has strong enough connections to have him removed from Twitter.
    Similar things have occured before, where he's been targeted by attempts to shut him down on all platforms. Except this time, Twitter seems to have been infiltrated by people covering up for someone so important to them, that they got rid of a user without question and without a detailed motivation.
    This is all that was said by Twitter.

That's right, Twitter is trying to cover up someone's crimes.

"Let me make myself perfectly clear: Twitter has banned Sean in an attempt to protect a powerful sex offender. "
    https://www.icze4r.org/a/e/news.brot...suspended.html

"Why did someone who habitually reported sex offenders get suspended on Twitter? This man does not make threats. I know what this is— This is an attempt by Twitter to protect an actual rapists. I'm sick of your shit, and so is every other good person."
    This thread's title...
    This is totally bait. No one can go spouting violent threats and expect to go unharmed. You can't break the "law" just because someone is a criminal. You would just be wrong too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Twitter bans people for false reasons so that's the most probable reason. Why do you support censorship and paedofiles?
    LOL.

Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by phalk View Post
    LOL.

Seriously?
    Yes, it's something that has happened.

I've been infracted several times on this site and each time it was over turned because they were wrongly handing out infractions. It's the same with twitter. It's the same with youtube. It can and has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by phalk View Post
    This thread's title...
    This is totally bait. No one can go spouting violent threats and expect to go unharmed. You can't break the "law" just because someone is a criminal. You would just be wrong too.
    Lynch culture has been part of social media since it exists. As social media grows, it doesn't grow out of that, it just grows a larger mob and more peer pressure to partake in the mob. And there is simply no way to avoid it with the internet (and the human psychology) we have to work with. And no, "not using social media" doesn't solve the problem.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

And yet here you are, completely missing the point. How could I possibly argue against something I don't know what it is to begin with?

Hahaha! Okay, slither your way out of that with a handwave.
    No, you do it because you'd get so much shit for not doing it. Because the admin of this site is smart enough to understand that you can't start dishing out punishment without evidence of what's been done wrong because it gets you backlash.

Not once have I stated anything about rights. Not once. Yet here you are, putting these words in my mouth. I've said that it's shitty behavior that will give you shit back. You know full well what would happen if this site acted the same way and you also know why you don't do it like that. THAT, is my point and problem.
    I've TRIED to explain it but the part you just quoted is the part where I say I wish I was better at it, yet you feel the strange need to point out the obvious about what I just said.

You sure love nitpicking at semantics.
    Dude, youre missing the point. Nobody, including you, has any rights besides whats in the Constitution. That doesnt include the right to use twitter/facebook etc. It seems to me from reading your posts, you must be a young child. You are one of the most entitled person i have ever come across in life. You have no rights but those defined in the constitution. Private companies DO NOT HAVE TO ALLOW YOU TO USE THEIR SERVICE. you have no rights there. I think you have confused rights with privileges. Your parents didnt say no very often did they? Im sorry you lack the basic understanding of rights and life in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Didn't trump threaten to kill everyone in north korea?
    I don't know, not keeping track of some power hungry dude in the US. Can't do much about it anyway. What does it have to do with anything anyway?
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    I don't know, not keeping track of some power hungry dude in the US. Can't do much about it anyway. What does it have to do with anything anyway?
    I like rules to consistently apply to everyone, equally.

But then I'm odd like that

10+ Year Old Account
    OP really think the guy didn't do anything. Sorry but they don't ban for no reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Why does it surprise you twitter defends pedos when they leave ISIS accounts post their shit for months?

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    I like rules to consistently apply to everyone, equally.

But then I'm odd like that
    I'm missing something! Did Trump threaten North Korea via twitter? Then yeah, he should be held accountable. Problem being he'll probably shut twitter down somehow or something. You know, if you're not playing by the rules in the first place, why not continue breaking them?
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    The other day, the user know as BroTeam, whom some might know from Twitter, Youtube or Twitch as just some Canadian guy who plays shitty games and squeals like a dolphin, was banned from Twitter for an unspecified threat of personal violence.

Twitter has refused to specify what post in particular that warranted the termination of BroTeam's Twitter account and has turned down an appeal with no comment made.
    BroTeam, or Sean which is his real name, has often been involved with blowing the hatch on people who've turned out to be guilty of crimes of a sexual nature. Now it seems, he was going to expose someone who has strong enough connections to have him removed from Twitter.
    Similar things have occured before, where he's been targeted by attempts to shut him down on all platforms. Except this time, Twitter seems to have been infiltrated by people covering up for someone so important to them, that they got rid of a user without question and without a detailed motivation.
    This is all that was said by Twitter.

That's right, Twitter is trying to cover up someone's crimes.

"Let me make myself perfectly clear: Twitter has banned Sean in an attempt to protect a powerful sex offender. "
    https://www.icze4r.org/a/e/news.brot...suspended.html

"Why did someone who habitually reported sex offenders get suspended on Twitter? This man does not make threats. I know what this is— This is an attempt by Twitter to protect an actual rapists. I'm sick of your shit, and so is every other good person."
    you said he was banned for an unspecified threat of personal violence. that'd do it. you can't threaten people like that, even if they are disgusting monsters. also, you claim that he was banned in an attempt to protect a powerful sex offender. are you out of your mind? thats clearly not why he was banned, and you know it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    I'm missing something! Did Trump threaten North Korea via twitter? Then yeah, he should be held accountable. Problem being he'll probably shut twitter down somehow or something. You know, if you're not playing by the rules in the first place, why not continue breaking them?
    Trump is a bit different though, because he is President his tweets are protected or something

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    you said he was banned for an unspecified threat of personal violence. that'd do it. you can't threaten people like that, even if they are disgusting monsters. also, you claim that he was banned in an attempt to protect a powerful sex offender. are you out of your mind? thats clearly not why he was banned, and you know it.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump is a bit different though, because he is President his tweets are protected or something
    Like a monarch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro Tagachi View Post
    Why does it surprise you twitter defends pedos when they leave ISIS accounts post their shit for months?
    Or let Donald Trump threaten North Korea with a nuclear strike?

Clearly they allow behaviours out of some users that they do not allow out of others.