Poll: Were nightborne worth trading void elves for

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    hey, we all know nightborne are more a night elf thing fitting the alliance and void elf a blood elf thing fitting the horde, you may not agree, but it's kinda obvious nightborne would have been at home with night elves, highborne and high elves and void elves at home with blood elves on the horde. And while tbh any group can fit anywhere, we saw an interesting swap in factions, allowing a night elf race on the horde as playable and a blood elf race on the alliance as playable.

Was it worth the trade, and are you happy with things as they are? You can state if you would have preferred them neutral and inaccessible, or both available to both sides, but as that really isn't happening, i've not put that option in the pole. I for one would have preferred both available to both sides, but given what we got, I think it's a good trade. But you may not.
    So fuckin happy because I can't stand Thalyssra's voice or any other Nightborne voice when I fly over Suramar and get the WQ spam. Also can't stand the way they look and the art bores me, as well as the lore. Bunch of crack heads who refused to help anyone but themselves and walled themselves off, until the first sign of trouble then they bend over and spread their cheeks for the Legion. Then we have to bail out their resistance which really did jack shit. We did all the fighting for them. They built a bomb (and a shitty one at that) and that's it. They got the faces of arrogant pricks with the physique that says "my dad will sue". Now they are off to join meth heads. One big drug dependant family.

Now void elves on the other hand.....bunch of fuckers who wanted to control and understand some powerful energy. Now they got that and it's threatening the other elves crack supply so they kicked them out because they are scared. Could still sneak one of them into the Sunwell and destroy it, rendering all Blood elves useless for awhile.

Blizzard missed a huge opportunity to introduce the LF Draenei and Void Elves properly with the Argus patch. As it is now, Void Elves seem very shoe-horned and forced and personally I think giving the alliance something so close to Blood Elves takes away their uniqueness greatly and homogenizes the factions, in an expansion that should be doing the opposite. That said I am happy with Nightborne on the Horde and will play them. I don't think they are ripped off of Night Elves as badly as Void are from Blood.

Also, in an expansion that is supposed to be polarizing the factions, this might be the first to get me to play both (Will try void elf, but am a horde player). Good job, Blizzard?

Have fun having your entire faction overrun by belf ripoffs, Alliance! There will be no hiding from them now. Don't know the stats but it certainly feels like close to 40% representation on the Horde side, with 75% of those being slutmogged females. Get your tentacle themed stripper poles ready!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    There was no trade, Alliance was never getting Nightborne.
    I couldn't agree with this statement more.

I don't know where alliance got the idea that Nightborne would be theirs.... The whole questline is geared towards them getting on better with the horde. The horde even have an additional quest with them after the main storyline...

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Blizzard missed a huge opportunity to introduce the LF Draenei and Void Elves properly with the Argus patch. As it is now, Void Elves seem very shoe-horned and forced and personally I think giving the alliance something so close to Blood Elves takes away their uniqueness greatly and homogenizes the factions, in an expansion that should be doing the opposite. That said I am happy with Nightborne on the Horde and will play them. I don't think they are ripped off of Night Elves as badly as Void are from Blood.

Also, in an expansion that is supposed to be polarizing the factions, this might be the first to get me to play both (Will try void elf, but am a horde player). Good job, Blizzard?

Have fun having your entire faction overrun by belf ripoffs, Alliance! There will be no hiding from them now. Don't know the stats but it certainly feels like close to 40% representation on the Horde side, with 75% of those being slutmogged females. Get your tentacle themed stripper poles ready!
    I think that's what they've wanted for a long long time, do you not see the polls, many of them are happy with void elves being exactly like blood elves - even when they're not really, same model but different colouring.. they're happy though. Meantime a lot of hordies seem happy to have zandalari and nightborne look somewhat different. Lightforge draenei needs Wings, angelic type Light wings - as discussed in another topic - that would be a nice touch to them, making them look more distinctive and iconic yet draenei.

From what I'm seeing, the alliance do like the void elves as is, but want more distinctiveness in the Lightforged, they like the Dark Irons as is too. Alliance don't like much change I've noticed, horde like more variation.

Choices are biased and rubbish - standard whine poll.

Either way, they certainly try to make void elves their own thing and will probably succeed, because of the sheer amount of extra customization..

I'm actually surprised they didn't put Dark Irons on Horde and Zandalari on Alliance. Blizz seems determined to blur the factions beyond distinctable recognition....

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    I'm actually surprised they didn't put Dark Irons on Horde and Zandalari on Alliance. Blizz seems determined to blur the factions beyond distinctable recognition....
    If they wanted that, Lightforged/Dark Iron would be Horde. Highmountain/Zandalari would be Alliance.

Then you have a 3/3 swap. Alliance gets their Tauren/Troll/Bloodelf variant, Horde gets their Nightelf/Dwarf/Draenei.

Alas this didn't happen, so they aren't blurring the lines just yet, outside of Pandaren.

This is still better then "neutral" races like Pandaren, and not because of panda, just because they are 100% the same race.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-12-11 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    I think they just did this for the Elf races because alliance players wouldn't shut up about High Elves.

I REALLY hope this is it though, no more model sharing, the factions should be distinct.

If I want to be a Nightborne, I can always go play around in Suramar city.

I am loving the Void elf design, they look so metal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I would be furious if Void Elves were traded for Nightborne.

Being an ex-Blood Elf, now Alliance, Shadow Priest for 10 years and an Ethereal fan - for me, the Void Elves as implemented are ideal. Anything different would disappoint me.
    I also find the explanation why the Void Elves are kicked out of Silvermoon pretty satisfying. Will be adding some Void Elves to my Alliance roster, though they probably only be some luxury alts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by toxicrusader View Post
    More like, you can keep your Void Elves, and let me keep my Nightborne.

Pretty happy with the way it is now.
    Also this.