Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Or maybe after a 3rd person starts the position, people will realize it really wasnt ghostcrawler or celestalon working alone.
    Nope but celestalon was the SOB behind the nerf to CC breaking bestial wrath because it was a bug...a 5/6 year bug. Not the team behind him, him...that was all him. &*%*% him.

5+ Year Old Account
    Or maybe after a 3rd person starts the position, people will realize it really wasnt ghostcrawler or celestalon working alone.
    But...There's only ever ONE person doing all the evil stuff, the rest are all henchmen! Have videogames taught you nothing!? /s

Seriously, people need to stop thinking Blizz only has 1 person doing 1 part of WoW these days. Last time this was confirmed to be a thing was Vanilla and TBC where they had singular devs work on singular encounters for example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ^ This.

Sadly the "my gaem is ruined REEEEEEEE!!!"-crowd seem to lack the ability to see reason.
    nobody says no one else was involved in making the game bad, nor that legion was a decent expansion removes any blame for previous bad development decisions with panderpia, wod and the castration of difficulty continued with nerfing of the cata launch content, but fish rots from the head,, the head is where responsibility lies and the head is what you criticize and attack for the problems in the game.

So dont talk about reason when your reasoning is that since they seem to be now understanding and going with the demands of the REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! my gaem is ruined crowd doesnt mean they were previously going with the "i want to fly i want things done for me i want no difficulty i want to max out my character playing 15 minutes a day beuse i got jurb and i dont have taem to pleay" dipshits and ruining the game in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Well it's making more than WoW with a fraction of the people, isn't it...
    Not even close. Latest numbers we have show Hearthstone at $400M for 2016.

Even if you assume WoW is down to 7 million subscribers, that's $1.3B/year. And that doesn't count all the various services, cosmetic DLCs, asian PC bang per-hour revenue, subscription tokens (which are $20/month rather than $15) or box sales, which bring in $50/subscriber every 2 years.

Hearthstone is certainly much cheaper to make, so that's got to be nearly all profit. But total revenues, WoW still wins by a strong margin.

Anyway, I think it's fair to say that being moved to the much smaller Hearthstone team is not a demotion. Each member of that small team has tons of influence over a monstrous money-making enterprise.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2017-12-11 at 01:55 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The next guy responsible for community interaction needs to name his avatar "Scapegoat" and use a fat, ugly draenie caricature. Just go all out and make it a beacon for hate so the unstable jackasses in this and other forums who get upset over literally every word blizzard posts will have someone to rally around and vent their lunacy at. Maybe the other devs can come out of hiding if one of them acts as the fire magnet for the rest.

Hell a well coded Turing bot is probably enough to fool most of these posters. Nobody even needs to get their feelings hurt over at Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    The next guy responsible for community interaction needs to name his avatar "Scapegoat" and use a fat, ugly draenie caricature. Just go all out and make it a beacon for hate so the unstable jackasses in this and other forums who get upset over literally every word blizzard posts will have someone to rally around and vent their lunacy at. Maybe the other devs can come out of hiding if one of them acts as the fire magnet for the rest.

Hell a well coded Turing bot is probably enough to fool most of these posters. Nobody even needs to get their feelings hurt over at Blizz.
    Or he can be part of a team that actually does a good job. What a novel thought, right?

Here is a revelation: if someone from that Blizzard team that makes trailers and videos starts tweeting, they won't get any hate at all, they will get a lot of praise and tons of likes. If the team continues making videos that are as great as the one for BFA, for example, the praise will only increase. Food for thought?
    Last edited by rda; 2017-12-11 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The amount of money it makes isn’t relevant unless you’re the one in charge of dishing it out.
    Or the one being paid to work on it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Or the one being paid to work on it?
    McDonald's makes more money than a fine dining restaurant.

Imagine if McDonald's also had a fine dining chain with steaks and shit instead of burgers and you got 'promoted' to the fast food chain. Would you see that as a promotion?

Way too late as far as any ele shaman player is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    McDonald's makes more money than a fine dining restaurant.

Imagine if McDonald's also had a fine dining chain with steaks and shit instead of burgers and you got 'promoted' to the fast food chain. Would you see that as a promotion?
    Well, if Hearthstone has a smaller staff, it would be better for him right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Well, if Hearthstone has a smaller staff, it would be better for him right?
    Would it? I guess if he doesn't like interacting with many people.

Tablet pruner can go enjoy trying to prune a card game now hahahaha.

Maybe we can get a decent Survival spec now.

Quote Originally Posted by Grevmak View Post
    But...There's only ever ONE person doing all the evil stuff, the rest are all henchmen! Have videogames taught you nothing!? /s

Seriously, people need to stop thinking Blizz only has 1 person doing 1 part of WoW these days. Last time this was confirmed to be a thing was Vanilla and TBC where they had singular devs work on singular encounters for example.
    Can we stop with the team nonsense? We get it, a team designs the game.

BUT

A team was not in control of his Twitter account, and his account he used to post on the forums with. Those accounts, and what he typed into them, is what got him most of the negativity from the community. He was a rude, conceited, arrogant [bleep], and he earned all of these comments. Not a team, just him.

All of this "team" nonsense is deflection from that, passive aggressive white knighting of probably one of the rudest devs the game has ever had. His Twitter and forum posts are testament to his legacy, and it's not pretty.

5+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps his departure (from WoW) means that class design will be less spreadsheet-based and more resembling to an RPG, with class buffs making a comeback in B4A. Seriously, legendaries and pruning have been the two great pitfalls of Legion, which is just a "meh" xpac (imo) when it had the potential to have gone toe-to-toe even with the almighty BC.

Of course, Celestalon's public persona didn't help at all. Sadly, the guy came out as an arrogant and clueless prick, which may very well have been another reason to take him out of the spotlight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how many game designers this game will go through before people start realizing that a single person isn't solely responsible for controversial designs in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post

BUT

A team was not in control of his Twitter account, and his account he used to post on the forums with. Those accounts, and what he typed into them, is what got him most of the negativity from the community. He was a rude, conceited, arrogant [bleep], and he earned all of these comments. Not a team, just him.

All of this "team" nonsense is deflection from that, passive aggressive white knighting of probably one of the rudest devs the game has ever had. His Twitter and forum posts are testament to his legacy, and it's not pretty.
    "This Dev disagreed with me! What an asshole!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post

BUT

this post is the reason why devs mostly have to shitpost on their own forums with loaded responses, because people like you can't handle non-sugar coated responses

And yet the same isn't said when Metzen talked out of his ass about lore he didn't know..... either the heads are the heads or they aren't. Everything has to pass through the lead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    this post is the reason why devs mostly have to shitpost on their own forums with loaded responses, because people like you can't handle non-sugar coated responses
    You supported Holinka's mindset? There's never a case when PR people should shitpost and these are PR people basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    You supported Holinka's mindset? There's never a case when PR people should shitpost and these are PR people basically.
    I support any mindset that's involving shitting on PvP kids, especially considering the people they have to deal with