10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Dude I am aware of the kind of prices people charge
    Gee let me think am I going to pay some dude $100-$150 real life dollars for a heroic Antorus personal loot run ... Sorry but no I do not believe you
    apparently you aren't

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Dude I am aware of the kind of prices people charge, that is exactly why the claim of people actually making bank doing it is absurd.

Have you actually calculated how many people would need to pay for these services to make 50-70k a year? I mean dude, there are actual statistics on how many characters are even active and how many players have cleared the raids. NVM the fact that there are far more people who do gold sales runs, and for sure run far more people.

Gee let me think am I going to pay some dude $100-$150 real life dollars for a heroic Antorus personal loot run, or am I going to pay someone 500k in-game gold for a full run with master loot?

Sorry but no I do not believe you. I am sure there are suckers out there that will pay you real money though for bullshit. But other than the Cutting Edge with (or without in some cases) mount sales nothing you offer can't get got better with better price that doesn't involve a real money transaction.
    There are some reputable 3rd party websites that will buy your gold in exchange for IRL money.

So even if you only did in-game transactions you can still convert it to IRL money.

Gold cap a few toons during farm and bam, you'll have a sizable amount of cash stocked up, it may be less than if you were just doing straight IRL transactions, but you'd still have a nice chunk.

And you must be very very very new to the world of gaming if you think people won't spend IRL money for something. Look at EVE, look at Runescape (in its former glory). Why do you think the term "EBAY'd toon" is a thing? Hell even look at the in-game shop for WoW and that's only for cosmetics. Just because you won't pay for a service like this doesn't mean others won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Stache View Post
    for the twitter illiterate.

does wisconson have the death penalty?

Deleted
    Alpha is already live streaming

www.twitch.tv/vizoukgg

Will we have a kill from method soon , any info ?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizuk View Post
    Alpha is already live streaming

www.twitch.tv/vizoukgg

Will we have a kill from method soon , any info ?
    Between chineses who is ahead? Alpha or Stylewar jth?

I've been following https://youtu.be/9T2jyrnd6iQ
    Stylewar^

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    "Listen mate, your experience in managing 300+ random people just doesn't cut it. Take it from me, I'm the captain of the company softball team so I know what I am talking about. You got to remove that from your CV and never mention it to anyone ever again."
    yeah, this doesn't look good actually on a resume.
    i am a manager in a IT company and manage quite some teams within this company.

Personally I don't see this as a positive on a resume and neither does our recruitment team.
    I also believe that this shouldn't be added to any resume.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    "Listen mate, your experience in managing 300+ random people just doesn't cut it. Take it from me, I'm the captain of the company softball team so I know what I am talking about. You got to remove that from your CV and never mention it to anyone ever again."
    Whether you like it or not not many employers would take that seriously. I say this having interviewed maybe two dozen employees over the years. I get the argument in favor of it. I RL a small guild and know the work and skill that that takes. I can only imagine what it would be like in a 300 person guild with a significant progression record. I'm sympathetic. But most people will look at it as a joke, or someone not taking their CV seriously, or as some weirdo and you will not get the job. It may not be right or fair, but it is the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Top guilds can probably boost a few of those per week, so reaching 70000 USD/EUR isn't going to be extremely hard to do, however when you split it through your entire roster, so it's going to be around 35-45 USD/EUR per player per Mythic Argus boost. It's not bad money, especially if you can boost it on alts aswell, multiple times per week. The problem is most likely sustaining buyers at a certain price point.
    offer does not reflect demand. Quite questionable that a single guild can handle 70 (mythic) IDs alone, especially because the demand reduces quite quickly after some nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    Because they are. Every time this discussion comes up people don’t believe that you can make 50k playing WoW, by its very easy to do.

Just in the Heroic Antorus week you could make 2-3k+. Full Heroic Antorus on personal loot (you can bring your saved toons) was going for $150+. You’re carrying 10-15 people in each run ($1,500-2,250) per run of Heroic Antorus split between 15-20 people is almost (~$100 per run, which takes a little more than an hour). Now do that 20-30 times and you just made over 3k in one week.

Combine that with M+ sales, which always jump around new requirements (M+ 15 cap). And you’ve got yourself set for a good $5-6k from WoW in a month.

Let’s not forget we can pilot players in Mythic for $2k+ a person (more if there’s a mount).

And those were the prices when I was doing it and there was more competition. Now that some people have backed out due to being scared of bans I’m sure it’s even bigger.
    I also wonder. Not about the cost you would have to pay per run, but about 1. sustaining this kind of money per week all year, and 2. how many players manage to get this kind of income. So, 1. Are there really people who manage 70k/3k = ca. 24 weeks of such runs? Each year? And does this wealth spread over more than one or a handful of people?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    yeah, this doesn't look good actually on a resume.
    i am a manager in a IT company and manage quite some teams within this company.

Personally I don't see this as a positive on a resume and neither does our recruitment team.
    I also believe that this shouldn't be added to any resume.
    I am curious. Can you explain *why* you would not find this positive? You only tell *that*, without really explaining it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cathbadh View Post
    Whether you like it or not not many employers would take that seriously. I say this having interviewed maybe two dozen employees over the years. I get the argument in favor of it. I RL a small guild and know the work and skill that that takes. I can only imagine what it would be like in a 300 person guild with a significant progression record. I'm sympathetic. But most people will look at it as a joke, or someone not taking their CV seriously, or as some weirdo and you will not get the job. It may not be right or fair, but it is the truth.
    That comes back to the prejudice I earlier mentioned. Lets see when this prejudice is over. It still reminds me of the stories of people having a similar prejudice against people that like to read... which is now a perfectly accepted spending of free time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferali View Post
    Between chineses who is ahead? Alpha or Stylewar jth?

I've been following https://youtu.be/9T2jyrnd6iQ
    Stylewar^
    Stylewar is ahead. They got world 5th kill with Alpha getting world 7th.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Stylewar is ahead. They got world 5th kill with Alpha getting world 7th.
    I guess he's asking which guild has better "best try" on Argus since both are streaming from what I know.

I always mix the guilds because Alpha stream says Stylewar or the other way around since they are using same service provider or whatever the fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonora View Post
    I also wonder. Not about the cost you would have to pay per run, but about 1. sustaining this kind of money per week all year, and 2. how many players manage to get this kind of income. So, 1. Are there really people who manage 70k/3k = ca. 24 weeks of such runs? Each year? And does this wealth spread over more than one or a handful of people?
    This is exactly what I am doubting. I do not think for even 1 second there is a single person who actually manages an annual income like that just selling runs. I can see the potential for some people to maybe actually cut a decent income from doing that, but at the end of the day it's only possible to do so many runs and there's only so many people that will actually pay you cash for those services.

Another point not addressed here is that when you are making crazy amounts of cash doing that you are for sure on Blizzard's radar, so it can't last forever.

It's a niche market and not a very stable one. 50-70k sounds like a really absurdly great year doing that.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not doggin anyone for trying it. I'm just saying no person in here has actually made 70k a year doing this.

Reminder that Hellstrong stole sales money from his whole guild and still barely scraped rent lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
    I guess he's asking which guild has better "best try" on Argus since both are streaming from what I know.

I always mix the guilds because Alpha stream says Stylewar or the other way around since they are using same service provider or whatever the fuck.
    That would also be Style war.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    That would also be Style war.
    ~55% after reaching 40% prior? Or more progress since?

Alpha's stream says 58% 3rd phase, Stylewar's (?) stream says 54,9% 3rd phase

10+ Year Old Account
    Limit, lol... The memes live on.

Quote Originally Posted by godlessprayer View Post
    Alpha's stream says 58% 3rd phase, Stylewar's (?) stream says 54,9% 3rd phase
    Alpha just got it to 41% on 3rd phase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyeara View Post
    Alpha just got it to 41% on 3rd phase.
    Ah man I wanted to know if it just goes back to ~66% again

- - - Updated - - -

Ah man I wanted to know if it just goes back to ~66% again
    Hotfixed, goes to 60% instead of 66.6%, so yes. it gos back to 60% after 40% And yes. they got it to 40%, it went back to 60%, then they got it to 41% again.