Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    Just because you as a player have never played as a wildhammer dward doesnt mean the people on azeroth havent interacted with them. You are confusing the gameplay with the lore
    Just because you interacted with them doesn't mean you know if they can be Druids or if they have Druid lore. We've interacted with Trolls and didn't know they can be druids until cataclysm. We interacted with Tauren and didn't know they can be Druids until World of Warcraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Just because you interacted with them doesn't mean you know if they can be Druids or if they have Druid lore. We've interacted with Trolls and didn't know they can be druids until cataclysm. We interacted with Tauren and didn't know they can be Druids until World of Warcraft.
    That's true. According to real warcraft lore, only male night elves could be druids. And only take on 1 animal form.

Too bad they let balanced gameplay change the lore

havent you played any troll dungeon at all?? they have always been about nature magic and shapeshifting, when blizzard added the troll druids to the game it wasnt hard to accept it, the lore to sustain it was all over the game. With the wildhammer is the opposite, there is nothing that says they have even the remote chance of becoming druids and as i said earlier, saying that they respect nature is not enough.

And c´mon taurens druid was something that was going to happen anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    Yesss, give me dwarven druids! Fat cats! Fat birds! Fatter moonkins! No more having to play night elf or worgen!
    Munchkin cat >^.^<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    They don't care the light? Yeah, they have priests. They also do have druids. What they don't care about is the fact they used to be Earthen, and don't care for technology. The only real difference between Wildhammer and Iron Forge Dwarves physically is the tattoos, though they are taller than Ironforge Dwarves. Mainly the allied races are taking races that's currently not part of a faction and adding them, and races that differ greatly from currently playable ones.. The Wildhammer are already apart of the Alliance, the Dark Iron are not.

In time they might be added to vary the class restrictions. But it's not going to be any time soon cause all of the races need an allied race variant before they start repeating themselves. But most likely, they will just add the classes regardless to the current races. "The Wildhammer Dwarves have taught the Ironforge Dwarves how to be druids".
    I don't get your point: "Each race should get an allied race before we repeat ourselves" To be honest. I mean, Take for example the gnomes. What are you going to add to them? Lepper Gnomes? Who would like to play an ugly green gnome that is even dumber than a trogg?

Night elf allied race? In a sense they got one, but it is on the horde side, plus nobody wants even more elves at this point. (Except maybe high elves but that is bust as far as I heard)

Worgen? Hmm, something could be thought of here, but it would be a big stretch. Best possible option I can think of is Lean humans (Like some old-school bandit models) that are actually from Gilneas and stayed there defending against the Forsaken (War makes you lean ofc)

Pandas? .... Nah I give up.

It would be a literal dis-service to the Wildhammers, a clan with lore since Warcraft 1, to not add them as an allied race at some point or instead try to ham-fist some other race before them that makes no literal sense at all.

Think of it In a business sort of way: Which race will generate more hype and bring back old (And new) players? Leper gnomes? Or Wildhammers?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    Yesss, give me dwarven druids! Fat cats! Fat birds! Fatter moonkins! No more having to play night elf or worgen!

Leaked wildhammer dwarf bear form!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    That's my point though.

These should be nothing but barbershop options.

The laziness is astounding.

Have you seen how retarded the Zandalari look in early previews using a Night Elf frame/skeleton?

Honestly why were the BROKEN not given to us? They've been present in lore way longer than a "lightforged dranei". They use the same skeleton as Dranei but they are way more DIVERSE. Actually a new model, like the nightborne.
    The dark Irony (pun intended) here is that the Barbershop way you propose would be even MORE lazy. Its like Blizzard is going: "Here are some Dark Iron haircuts, go pretend you are a Dark Iron dwarf. Go on, shoo!"

Plus some people seem to miss that they are getting THREE new races PER FACTION this expansion. When was the last time we got new races? MoP? How many we got then? Oh right, ONE.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    The dark Irony (pun intended) here is that the Barbershop way you propose would be even MORE lazy. Its like Blizzard is going: "Here are some Dark Iron haircuts, go pretend you are a Dark Iron dwarf. Go on, shoo!"

Plus some people seem to miss that they are getting THREE new races PER FACTION this expansion. When was the last time we got new races? MoP? How many we got then? Oh right, ONE.
    six at launch and more to come at a later date, it would be awesome if they added more each major patch but maybe thats asking for too much :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vondoo View Post
    six at launch and more to come at a later date, it would be awesome if they added more each major patch but maybe thats asking for too much :P
    I would expect more in this expansion too. Not EACH major patch, but close.

Deleted
    Leaked wildhammer dwarf bear form!!!

cool racial could be something with drinking ingame alcohol, like drinking could give you random "well fed" buff for 5 minutes, something crazy like that

Anyway, I would race change to female dwarf druid immediately!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    cool racial could be something with drinking ingame alcohol, like drinking could give you random "well fed" buff for 5 minutes, something crazy like that

Anyway, I would race change to female dwarf druid immediately!
    Fighting while completely smashed gives you 5% buff to damage and and healing.

Deleted
    Yeah... i dunno why they went with Dark iron instead of Wildhammer.

But, i guess it's the same reason why they went with Void elves rather than high elves.

And c´mon taurens druid was something that was going to happen anyway.
    Because of gameplay reasons. It's even explained that Metzen wanted to keep the Druids specific to Night Elves. The game designers had final say in wanting the Druids to not be an Alliance-exclusive race, and that's the reason we have Tauren Druids today where we had not seen any mention of them prior to WoW.

Same exists for Trolls. We never saw shapeshifting Trolls until the dungeons, which is purely a WoW thing. Even then, the whole idea of shape shifting with Druidism is very specific, and that's not what the God Priests use to take up different forms. That's why we were given specific new lore with Zen'tabra to have a connection to the dream, and not just be granted animal god powers like every other Troll we've seen. So honestly, your basis for having it happen is just seeing an example in the game, which Blizzard designers can add a shape shifting dwarf any time in the game prior to Wildhammers becoming a subrace and we'd all be fine and dandy.

If you can accept Tauren and Trolls as Druids whereas they should have always been (male) Night Elf exclusive, then honestly there's no limitation for any other race, including Wildhammers. If you want to play the high ground and say 'we shouldn't butcher the lore by adding more races that don't make sense' then we're well beyond that point since Druids should always be Male Night Elf exclusive. The lore isn't sacred.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-12-12 at 06:12 PM.

Dammit ion, I know you browse these forums.
    If you don't add wildhammer dwarves into the alliance as an allied race sometime in battle for azeroth I will start a book burning. Also, make sure they can become druids.
    Wildhammer dwarves are all about nature, the elements etc. They don't care about the light, so instead of paladins and priests I think they should be able to become druids.

ALSO DONT ADD THEM TO THE HORDE, DONT ADD A SINGLE DWARF TO THE HORDE I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL CONVERT YOUR ENTIRE DOPAMINE SUPPLY TO MERCURY IF YOU ADD DWARVES TO THE HORDE.

also, yall in the comments. dont give me that bs that they've already added a dwarf allied race. they've already added two elf allied races so dont give me that shite
    More dwarves the better! I am behind this book burning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post

But, i guess it's the same reason why they went with Void elves rather than high elves.
    High elves (led by Alleria, sans the stupid void plot) and Wildhammer dwarves alongisde the Lightforged Draenei would have given a lot more of an "Alliance" feel to the alliance.

Right now we are taking rejects from the horde (the faction that is at it's core MADE UP of rejects, or that was it's idea originally) and notorious betrayers in the form of Dark Irons. (Not that I do not enjoy Dark Irons, but not as much as Wildhammers)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I wouldn't call these new races. They're new CULTURES within already established races.

The only two that can be called new races are Nightborne and Zandalari since they actually have NEW models. Even if they do BOTH re-use the Night Elf skeleton and animations.

That's the exact reason you're getting "6 new races". Because they're lazy AF.

For example: If we were to get those Vulpin or Tortollan things as an Allied race. That would be fine, they re-use the Goblin/Pandaren skeleton but at least its a new model.

What I am saying is the different CULTURE ones should be barbershop. They're legit the exact same model with new customization. They're so lazy it should be barbershop.

Moose Horns and a Tattoo. We done here! NEXT!
    You. like many others, seem to mistake the difference between an "Allied Race" and an actual "Race" Allied race might as well have been called "Allied Tribes" or whatever.

Allied races are MEANT to be off-shoots of different already existing races. That is the reason you are getting 6 of them at launch.

The last time you got a real new race was MoP, and it was just one.

Because of gameplay reasons. It's even explained that Metzen wanted to keep the Druids specific to Night Elves. The game designers had final say in wanting the Druids to not be an Alliance-exclusive race, and that's the reason we have Tauren Druids today where we had not seen any mention of them prior to WoW.

Same exists for Trolls. We never saw shapeshifting Trolls until the dungeons, which is purely a WoW thing. Even then, the whole idea of shape shifting with Druidism is very specific, and that's not what the God Priests use to take up different forms. That's why we were given specific new lore with Zen'tabra to have a connection to the dream, and not just be granted animal god powers like every other Troll we've seen. So honestly, your basis for having it happen is just seeing an example in the game, which Blizzard designers can add a shape shifting dwarf any time in the game prior to Wildhammers becoming a subrace and we'd all be fine and dandy.

If you can accept Tauren and Trolls as Druids whereas they should have always been (male) Night Elf exclusive, then honestly there's no limitation for any other race, including Wildhammers. If you want to play the high ground and say 'we shouldn't butcher the lore by adding more races that don't make sense' then we're well beyond that point since Druids should always be Male Night Elf exclusive. The lore isn't sacred.
    There is a difference between adding a lore background first and adding the class much later and adding a class and inmediatly create a background for it because there isnt any, the latter is what would happen if they decide to add wildhammer druids and the same that happened with the sunwalkers.

The decision of Metzen for druids being exclusive to the night elves was rejected and thus it never became part of the official lore, it was just an idea that got scrapped. Tauren druids was something that was going to happen anyway, i mean, c´mon tauren is an anagram for "nature", more obvious it coudnt be.
    Last edited by Piamonte; 2017-12-13 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I can only imagine it was because they went with Lightforged Dreanei and didn't want to do two "just tattooed" subraces.

But who wants Lightforged Dreanei? Honestly? They should have done doubled down on Dwarves and went Void Elf, Dark Iron and Wildhammer. Yeah, I went there.

There is a difference between adding a lore background first and adding the class much later and adding a class and inmediatly create a background for it because there isnt any, the latter is what would happen if they decide to add wildhammer druids and the same that happened with the sunwalkers.

The decision of Metzen for druids being exclusive to the night elves was rejected and thus it never became part of the official lore
    Warcraft 3 is official lore. What WoW did was subvert and retcon that lore. We had Druidism well established as exclusively a part of the Night Elf societal system, and the fact that no Tauren in Warcraft 3 used Druidism does everything to show you exactly the same situation we have now with how we perceive Wildhammers. Your entire basis is 'If we didn't see them having them before, we technically shouldn't see them having them now'. Tauren never had a background for Druidism, it was something invented for WoW. The game would work just as well if they never had Druidism or Paladins. New lore was added to establish these classes within the Tauren Culture whereas they did not exist anywhere prior.

You are completely satisfied with Taurens can be Druids, despite the fact that Warcraft 3 never established this. Wildhammers are also anagrams for nature so I don't see where your problem lies. In both situations for Wildhammers and Taurens, both races existed in Warcraft before the MMO and they were both defined with not having Druidism in both cases, only a strong connection with animals and nature. In WoW now, we still don't have a deep understanding of all Wildhammer culture, just as we're only touching upon Dark Iron culture even though they've been a part of the Alliance since Cataclysm (6 years now!).

Do you believe we know everything we need to know about Wildhammers and that we know they can't be Druids? We even know Blood Elves can be Druids yet that isn't represented in our playable race, so what does that tell us?
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-12-13 at 06:52 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    You. like many others, seem to mistake the difference between an "Allied Race" and an actual "Race" Allied race might as well have been called "Allied Tribes" or whatever.

Allied races are MEANT to be off-shoots of different already existing races. That is the reason you are getting 6 of them at launch.

The last time you got a real new race was MoP, and it was just one.
    well no, Ion saided allied races don't have no ties with the normal races, they are not subraces, and could be everything blizzard want

cause you know nightborn is not a offshoot of blood elves