Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Oh so it was Bush's fault Obama racked up a trillion dollars. Got it.
    Of course not! Everyone knows that every election the economy resets and everything that happens is due to the Presidents direct actions!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Which means you also don't give a damn about the "more government" part.

- - - Updated - - -

And none of that is actually fake news...
    Definition- News:newly received or noteworthy information, especially about recent or important events.

It's not even news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Net neutrality is such a scam argument. It didn’t exist before Obama magically coined the term to fix a problem that never existed. To fix the issues with the internet we need to apply antitrust laws and break the Comcast’s and Verizon’s up. Now are you asking if I think Netflix shouldn’t have to pay more when they consume 70% of the bandwidth in the country? I think they should
    Complaining about corporations owning media is a scam argument, because Trump doesn’t like the news he sees. Otherwise, this hypocrisy wouldn’t exist:

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    We have 5 oligarchs that control what 90% of Americans see.
    You want them to control what we see on the internet.

- - - Updated - - -

Definition- News:newly received or noteworthy information, especially about recent or important events.

It's not even news.
    It’s soft news:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soft_media

Soft news is defined as information that is primarily entertaining or personally useful. Soft news is often compared to hard news, which John Zaller defines as the "coverage of breaking events involving top leaders, major issues, or significant disruptions in the routines of daily life." While the purposes of both hard and soft news include informing the public, the two differ from one another in both the information contained within them and the methods that are used to present that information. Communicated through forms of soft media, soft news is usually contained in outlets that primarily serve as sources of entertainment, such as television programs, magazines, or print articles.
    People who think a story about ice cream is fake news, need to go after local news covering surfing squirrels for decades... my squirrels don’t surf! Fake news!
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-12-12 at 05:11 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

In part, yes. When you cut tax revenue and then add on expensive foreign wars, both of which you're committed to well beyond your own presidency, it impacts the next presidency.

That's kinda how things work, yo.

Biased? Yes. Outright fake? No, or later corrected/redacted.

Trump has been entirely successful at turning this into an 'us vs them' battle, with both sides heavily entrenched in their bias. Its how you've got Huckabee screeching about incorrect tweets as being terminable offenses but ignoring Trumps own multitude of same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, both the Recession and TARP bail out of banks, was done by Bush. Much like Trump is enjoying a booming economy set by the previous administration, Obama inherited the Great Recession.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    In part, yes. When you cut tax revenue and then add on expensive foreign wars, both of which you're committed to well beyond your own presidency, it impacts the next presidency.

That's kinda how things work, yo.
    Clinton left behind a booming economy, that in the last year, did not add to the deficit, excluding interest on existing debt. Bush used that booming economy, which at the time was the largest tax cut to the wealthy, to end his term with the Great Recession. Obama leaves a booming economy, with unemployment under 5%, so Trump gives what is now the largest tax cut to the top. Let’s just hope history doesn’t continue repeating it self...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Of course not! Everyone knows that every election the economy resets and everything that happens is due to the Presidents direct actions!
    Well duh thats why trump is the bestest president in history just look at the DOW Jones index
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

It's not even news.
    As Delta said, it's usually referred to as soft news. The woman in the first video does that almost exclusively, and it's largely done to fill space.

It's still not fake news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    "But I CREATED those jobs! I DID! IT'S MY ACHIEVEMENT BECAUSE I SAID SO!"

Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    Sorry, I misstated the information. I meant to say that the date of the email was incorrect and before information in the email was made public. It would have then implied collusion between WikiLeaks/Russia and the trump campaign (radical libs and MSM wet dream). It however was after the information was made public and was akin to literally someone seeing it on the news and emailing trump, hey, take a look at what I seen on tv and then linked to the info.

Cited and sourced doesn't mean its true. Oh hey, you had a secret rendezvous with arachnids from Klendathu in my back yard. This thread. Ezegeze. Now believe me as it was both cited and sourced.

Trump and trumps lawyer both have said that no subpoena ever happened and the source of that pieve of fake news was "a person briefed on the matter". Ok....anonymous source.

Finally, the dossier. Look into how the information itself was made available and spread around prior to being released and then get back to me. Also, it wasn't about the information that was accurate, it was the parts of the information that was wildly inaccurate by parties involved, that cannot possibly be confirmed by anyone and used simply as a propaganda piece to conduct a hit job. People and agencies used this information knowing it couldn't be verified yet they peddled it anyways.
    So your problem is again "news i don't like" is fake news, which is shifting the definition of fake news. And off the record/un named sources is pretty standard journalist practice FOR EVER SINGLE OUTLET THAT EVER RAN AS STORY IN THE HISTORY OF JOURNALISM, and doesn't mean its purposely misinformation to confuse or lie about information aka fake news.

Btw the bank did get a subpoena its been verified by the bank
    -SO this information gathering exercise turns up an outlandish story, so the whole thing is fake news because....it paints my sports team badly...never mind much of it has been verified.

It simply amazed me the length the right will pain any thing and everything as "fake news" but conveniently ignore Fox news running a completely false headline and they don't even blink, or the walking lie factory that is Trump's administration.

......Yes. Obama didn't give tax cuts to the rich or start wars. Do you honestly think that the previous president's actions no longer mean anything when the new president comes in? Do you believe that actions don't have consequences, ones that could even reverberate for years?

What's it like living in a fantasy land? Is it fun?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    and likes to kill fish too parently

Is this fake news?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Is this fake news?
    Yes. That is a great example. Mostly in the title which tries to imply that Trump did wrong (he didn't).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    That's a pretty lazy justification for a lazy ...

If people truly wanted to hold journalists accountable for the content they put out, they would be far less lazy about it. Crying "FAKE" and walking away does about as much to change journalism as walking up to a tree and yelling "STOP BEING A TRUCK".
    If journalism is suppose to be unbiased and truthful, then it ceases to be news or just fake news. That is my point.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Yes. That is a great example. Mostly in the title which tries to imply that Trump did wrong (he didn't).
    Where does it imply he was wrong, again? I mean, it's a nonsense soft-news story written for clicks rather than to deliver meaningful information, but it's not wrong and it doesn't misrepresent what happened. He did end up pouring the whole box in.

And for anyone who bothered to read beyond the headline, they'd read this -

The move got Trump some laughs, and a smile from Abe, who actually appeared to dump out his box of food ahead of Trump.
    close dialog
    So...I'm still not sure what your issue is other than you dislike the headline for some reason.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/06/politi...pan/index.html

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem is President Trump is extremely petty and will have a temper tantrum the moment someone doesn't say good things about him.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.

- - - Updated - - -

If journalism is suppose to be unbiased and truthful, then it ceases to be news or just fake news. That is my point.
    Not sure why dumping fish food into a Koi pond is wrong. The article under it contains the accurate facts, the headline was typical clickbait, but not really partisan.

As far as unbiased news, one of the real threats to journalism is the threats the Trump administration are making to journalists who report on things they don't like. Just today Jim Acosta from CNN says that Sarah Sanders threatened to bar him from press conferences if he asked a question about one of Trump's tweets. The question itself was kind of dumb IMO, but blocking access to the President because he asks questions the administration doesn't like is incredibly unsettling.

The White House, and by extension their supporters, don't want an objective, honest, unbiased media. They want a media that tells them only the things they want to hear. They want the media to reinforce the notion of reality they already believe, which makes any deviation from that narrative seem biased. It is the same as flat earthers believing any reference to a round earth is a conspiratorial lie. To them, "Unbiased" media would only ever tell people that the earth was flat, Racists believe that "Unbiased" media would enforce their sense of racial superiority, "Unbiased" Sports News would only say good things about your favorite team, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Where does it imply he was wrong, again? I mean, it's a nonsense soft-news story written for clicks rather than to deliver meaningful information, but it's not wrong and it doesn't misrepresent what happened. He did end up pouring the whole box in.

And for anyone who bothered to read beyond the headline, they'd read this -

So...I'm still not sure what your issue is other than you dislike the headline for some reason.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/06/politi...pan/index.html
    In my previous post I listed as "Clickbait" as part of the criteria for fake news. If you are trying to mislead people for clicks, it might as well be false advertisement or in this case fake news.

And yes there is a tone to the title. You may not see it but it is there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Not sure why dumping fish food into a Koi pond is wrong. The article under it contains the accurate facts, the headline was typical clickbait, but not really partisan.
    It never was wrong, but the article - esp the title - makes it sounds like ti is. Trump was just following the example of the Japanese (PM?). Apparently Koi eat a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    In my previous post I listed as "Clickbait" as part of the criteria for fake news. If you are trying to mislead people for clicks, it might as well be false advertisement or in this case fake news.

And yes there is a tone to the title. You may not see it but it is there.
    Clickbait news exists, but that doesn't invalidate entire sources of information. It is also only part of the criteria that you made up. In the case you are so upset about (Which is one of the least consequential stories of his entire presidency), the title was overly dramatic, but not wrong, and the article was completely factual. How on earth does that equal fake news?

In my previous post I listed as "Clickbait" as part of the criteria for fake news.
    But it's not fake, it's just pointless. Fake news is literally that - news that is fake. It's like the reports of Confederate graves being exhumed and the bodies being removed in the Northeast some months back that I saw. It was stoking far-right outrage, but the problem is it was literally 100% bullshit. No counties/cities/states/anyone was digging up any graves period. That's fake news.

If we're going to devolve into "personal feels" definitions of words, then discussion becomes increasingly difficult as nobody is operating with the same definitions any longer.

If you are trying to mislead people for clicks, it might as well be false advertisement or in this case fake news.
    They're not, but Abe's behavior isn't a big click driver for Americans. Trump's is. It's only misleading if you don't read beyond the headline, which is kinda your fault as a news reader. Reading headlines alone is bad and nobody should be discussing articles they haven't actually read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Clickbait news exists, but that doesn't invalidate entire sources of information. It is also only part of the criteria that you made up. In the case you are so upset about (Which is one of the least consequential stories of his entire presidency), the title was overly dramatic, but not wrong, and the article was completely factual. How on earth does that equal fake news?
    Invalidate? Maybe not completely, but it loses credibility; which just grows like a cancer for the same network. Just because you have easy expectations for large networks doesn't mean it is right. This is why our country is becoming so divided. One sides falls for Fox, and the other CNN. None of this shit should be acceptable.