7+ Year Old Account

Question Mythic keystone acquisition

Somewhat misleading title i guess, but i was wondering when running a +0 mythic, does the level of keystone you get from it depend on your personal performance in it?

I only ask cos on monday i did a VH run hoping for a WF/TF of Chaos talisman or Jawbone, and at the end of it, i got a +8 keystone, but the other two guys in my group who didnt have a keystone got +2 and +3 keystones respectively.

Ive googled around (not too thoroughly tbh) and all the info i found indicates you should just get a +2 everytime.

Anyone got any sweet info on this?

The keystone you get should be based of your previous weeks max run. Usually -1 lvl.

The first key you get is based on your performance from last week.
    You will get this key either from the weekly chest or from the last boss of the first +0 you run.
    If previous week you did a +15, you will get a +14
    If you haven't done any key, you will get a +2

7+ Year Old Account
    Im assuming that this data is cached somewhere then, cos the last time i ran an M+ was a few weeks ago, but it was indeed a +9.

Thanks very much for the info guys

Quote Originally Posted by zeoos View Post
    The first key you get is based on your performance from last week.
    You will get this key either from the weekly chest or from the last boss of the first +0 you run.
    If previous week you did a +15, you will get a +14
    If you haven't done any key, you will get a +2
    But that doesn't always seem to be the case tho.

I always get a key of my chest if i run a mythic key. i have never looted a key in a mythic +0 if i had done a keystone run in the week before. as you said it's -1 of the key from the previous week.

But there were times i didn't do a single mythic key and the next week i got a keystone out of mythic +0 that was like +6.

So i guess the system remembers what was your last done key, and awards you a -1.
    I remember something similar @Allenschezar. I guess (again) that if you have a chest unopened, it tags you as having a key (in this case, the key is still unlooted from chest) and that's why you don't get a key even though you didn't open your chest.

Quote Originally Posted by zeoos View Post
    So i guess the system remembers what was your last done key, and awards you a -1.
    Yeah, at least a month is remembered. Might not carry over when a patch is released but I got a high key after not doing any 5m dungeon at all for like 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Yeah, at least a month is remembered. Might not carry over when a patch is released but I got a high key after not doing any 5m dungeon at all for like 6 weeks.
    My paladin got a +13 last week when I played him again, and so it must have been before 7.2.5 when I joined a 10+ dungeon. So it's probably saved without any timelimit.