Poll: What do you think of Prestige leveling

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Only if I got to pick my race/features again. Like a free alternative to race/faction change.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    We got WoW raiders, WoW PvP'ers and we got the levelers.
    What about once you reach max level you get the option to get a prestige level at ur name plate?
    It won't hurt anyone and it shows to everyone how many times someone has restarted his character leveling progress.

There are plenty of levelers in WoW and since leveling is atm quite scale, this would be a nice reason to start leveling.

What do you think of prestige leveling?
    Paragon leveling (like paragon rep) might be interesting, but not Prestige leveling. What we really need - is Legacy system. I.e. system, that grants some achievements and rewards for leveling alts, so this playstyle would finally be legitimate way to progress on a par with PVP and Raiding.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, why not. As long as it only gives things like the counter, or mounts or titles. I wouldn't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it's only cosmetic and/or for epeen then I'm all for it. Prestige in PvP isn't a negative at all, just the initial 1-50.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Would kinda be hard because once you complete quest it cant be completed but if they tell you level more alts and we will give you rewards like mounts titles pets or even paid services.

The idea i had in this regard is that your toon you have a toggle between prestige leveling mode and endgame mode. That way you can do both on the same toon. Hit the toggle and your level 110 is temporarily set to level 1. Then you play for 3 hours and reach level 20. Then you hit the toggle again and your levelling progress to 20 is saved and you convert back to 110. 2 days from now maybe you get the urge to level more, so you hit the toggle and you are set back to level 20 where you left off. If you complete one leveling circuit from 1-110, you get to try an epic questline for a chance at a big reward. There is an option to reset your prestige levelling progress back to level 1 at any time.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    Had to read this thread title and the post itself three times before I undestood that it had nothing to do with pvp.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FestiveBen View Post
    Only if I got to pick my race/features again. Like a free alternative to race/faction change.
    This would be a decent alternative to the paid service, but would also take away a revenue stream from a bit of code that's pretty self-sufficient and low maintenance, so I doubt it would happen this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about once you reach max level you get the option to get a prestige level at ur name plate?
    It won't hurt anyone and it shows to everyone how many times someone has restarted his character leveling progress.

There are plenty of levelers in WoW and since leveling is atm quite scale, this would be a nice reason to start leveling.

No. It's a pointless concept.

as someone that recently leveled 12 alts to lvl 110, i would love to have this, so many times i wish i could do the lvling experience on my main again and not have to wait for a new expansion to do so

Just roll a new character. Pretty much the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cien View Post
    No. It's a pointless concept.
    Because you think it is pointless doesn't make it pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Just roll a new character. Pretty much the same thing.
    Then you don't get the idea of someone who likes to put all their effort in 1 character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you think it is pointless doesn't make it pointless.

- - - Updated - - -
    because you think it's a great idea doesn't make it a great idea

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cien View Post
    because you think it's a great idea doesn't make it a great idea
    I don't see the problem with it. Adds extra things to do for people and there are plenty of people who like to do all their stuff on their main. You are just hating on it because you don't see a point on someone wanting to relevel because you dont like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

why not? it costs essentially nothing and some people seem to think levelling is a thing that matters.

if it helps blizzard fluff participation metrics so they don't have to play games elsewhere i'm all for it, but god knows why anyone would want to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The idea i had in this regard is that your toon you have a toggle between prestige leveling mode and endgame mode. That way you can do both on the same toon. Hit the toggle and your level 110 is temporarily set to level 1. Then you play for 3 hours and reach level 20. Then you hit the toggle again and your levelling progress to 20 is saved and you convert back to 110. 2 days from now maybe you get the urge to level more, so you hit the toggle and you are set back to level 20 where you left off. If you complete one leveling circuit from 1-110, you get to try an epic questline for a chance at a big reward. There is an option to reset your prestige levelling progress back to level 1 at any time.
    Was just about to write it as a solution, thank you :P

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    So, you don't actually want to make leveling interesting or have extra incentives to explore the world and do the quests, nor want a challenge, you just want to have a absolutely useless number next to your nameplate\name to 'show off'? Makes even less sense. It serves no purpose whatsoever.
    It's a valid form of positive feedback from the game. It's a means to recognize your time investment into your given character. Not sure why such pushback is warranted here.
    I enjoy a variety of games, but prefer those that have a core system of progression. If you found my comment helpful, let me know! If you believe I can improve my style of communication, let me know!
    WoW: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rimes/advanced - WCLogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...est#bracket=-1 - FFXIV: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...cter/11002859/

There is prestige levels, it says 110 right on their nameplate.

Then you don't get the idea of someone who likes to put all their effort in 1 character.
    Except it's not really effort, it's just time. Effort is to achieve something, so prestiging so you can keep working on Loremaster achievements at the normal level for the quests would make sense ( until scaling ). As you've said to consider this without there being any reward, it's not really "putting effort into 1 character" it's just putting time into it, as you won't actually achieve anything other than walking in a circle.

Now if you considered some sort of series of tabards, titles or Chromie inspired armour sets, there would ACTUALLY be a prestige element to it, as people would know you could only get those through a lot of time and effort. Without some sort of indicator for others to spot, there is no prestige.

We already have a prestige title for doing levelling content - Loremaster.