Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    100 for a mount is nothing though.. back in the day I bought two spectral tigers for 500 each.. one for me and one for my GF.
    $100 is something. It's a couple new games. It's a half-dozen DVDs. It's 8 trips to the movies. It's 2 cups of coffee at Starbucks. And $1000 is roughly 10 times that. If you want to spend your money that way, be my guest - but let's not pretend that it is literally nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    That's completely not the point, I have nothing against selling mounts for real money (like how WoW does it) but selling random mounts - for that insane price? Imagine if Blizzard said that LK no longer dropped invincible, the only way you could get it is by paying $100, and then you have a 1 in 42 chance on getting invincible when it could just as likely be a mount you don't like / already have
    Considering the amount of characters I farm that on I'd be pissed.

I still don't have the mount. 12 different toons per week as well.

As I said I still think it's an error. It has to be. No way they would do this literally a day after the P2W fiasco.

Wow killer LUL XD HAHA

Uhm guys.

I do appreciate how you state the obvious for us... you really, really do NOT have to buy these. They are entirely cosmetic and it's a pure choice for customers. Vote yea or nay in accordance with your thoughts and wallet. I am not one for mount fever either, but some are all about the stables! Brasse
    Source. https://www.reddit.com/r/Rift/commen...n_gone_insane/

Minus the obvious attitude is this essentially her confirming they are meant to be 100 dollars?

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    $100 is something. It's a couple new games. It's a half-dozen DVDs. It's 8 trips to the movies. It's 2 cups of coffee at Starbucks. And $1000 is roughly 10 times that. If you want to spend your money that way, be my guest - but let's not pretend that it is literally nothing.

Nice. Fuck Starbucks.

*"A pure choice for the customers"
    *1 out of 42 chance to get what you like

Sure, all that pure choice you have there

I'm often one who defends companies over stuff like this, but for real, if anyone even still plays RIFT, for your sake stop - they don't care about players, this literally proves it's just a dying game trying to claw as much money from people as possible.
    It feels like she didn't even look into what the issue was - she saw a complaint about pricing and responded with no foresight or research.

*"A pure choice for the customers"
    *1 out of 42 chance to get what you like

Sure, all that pure choice you have there

I'm often one who defends companies over stuff like this, but for real, if anyone even still plays RIFT, for your sake stop - they don't care about players, this literally proves it's just a dying game trying to claw as much money from people as possible.
    I laughed as well admittedly.

How the hell can it be a pure choice if the one in 42 is random? It's like they don't even read up on the stuff they try to milk people for.

They only do it because some people apparently think it's a good deal and buy it. I personally wouldn't, and I don't care for that type of thing, but in the end... it's consumers that are making that happen. Saying "inb4..." doesn't make it wrong.
    The only people that are going to buy this are those that misread the box and thought it said all 42 mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    To be honest until we get some more info I'm saying that it was meant to have been $9.99.

No way are Trion THAT stupid.
    Apparently they are that stupid, or at least Brasse is

Trino is dying I think, I give them no more than 3 years.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's got to be an error, either a misplaced decimal or them including the wrong tooltip for the lockbox or something.
    Apparently not!

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Trino is dying I think, I give them no more than 3 years.
    The thing is it won't.

This company can easily run on peanuts because all of their titles are designed to milk the whales.

Maybe Devilian, Defiance and Atlas Reactor shutdown soon but Rift and Trove will go for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    The thing is it won't.

This company can easily run on peanuts because all of their titles are designed to milk the whales.

Maybe Devilian, Defiance and Atlas Reactor shutdown soon but Rift and Trove will go for years.
    That is a fair point......

This is for the no life gold gobilins who convert gold to tokens on a regular basis. Gives them something to dump their bnet balance on. No sane person who's not insanely rich spends cash on these.

For 100$ I would expect 42 out of 42 mounts. >_>

I say on my 42nd post.
    Last edited by Cheesewheel; 2017-12-13 at 08:19 PM. Reason: 42

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's completely not the point
    That's completely the point. It's their mount. Their price. They have full right to sell it for whatever the fuck they want.
    People are free to either buy it or not.
    They are not some idiots who just put random stuff for sale at random prices.
    There are people who will buy this mount.

Food for thought. There are still people paying sub to Ultima Online.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    This is for the no life gold gobilins who convert gold to tokens on a regular basis. Gives them something to dump their bnet balance on. No sane person who's not insanely rich spends cash on these.
    No, it's for people that don't bother reading tooltip before purchasing. These mounts are available elsewhere in game for cheaper.

It's 2 cups of coffee at Starbucks.
    I think you tip too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    That's completely the point. It's their mount. Their price. They have full right to sell it for whatever the fuck they want.
    People are free to either buy it or not.
    They are not some idiots who just put random stuff for sale at random prices.
    There are people who will buy this mount.
    I suppose they have full right to run their game into the ground. Whoever put the pricing on this was in fact an idiot. It's not internally consistent. Some of these mounts are currently sold in game on the Rift store, for much cheaper. Others typically go for well under $40 worth of currency on the auction house.

They're not exclusive or new items.

I swear Trion just like creating bad publicity for themselves?

Do they not realize bad publicity is NOT good?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesewheel View Post
    For 100$ I would expect 42 out of 42 mounts. >_>

I say on my 42nd post.
    Oo the Answer.