Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesewheel View Post
    For 100$ I would expect 42 out of 42 mounts. >_>

I say on my 42nd post.
    What's the meaning of life the universe and everything?

Welp last of my friends are done with this game. Can't fault em. These are the people who have hung on for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I swear Trion just like creating bad publicity for themselves?

Do they not realize bad publicity is NOT good?
    Brasse's replies are just so cringe-worthy.

This whole thing could have blown over if she simply asked around the office if this was a mistake before posting.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdaemon View Post
    I suppose they have full right to run their game into the ground. Whoever put the pricing on this was in fact an idiot. It's not internally consistent. Some of these mounts are currently sold in game on the Rift store, for much cheaper. Others typically go for well under $40 worth of currency on the auction house.

They're not exclusive or new items.
    It's quite obvious to me you know nothing about sales and marketing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I swear Trion just like creating bad publicity for themselves?
    They are not the ones creating bad publicity here.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Brasse's replies are just so cringe-worthy.

This whole thing could have blown over if she simply asked around the office if this was a mistake before posting.
    And if it turns out it is then she's only made herself look the fool here.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It's quite obvious to me you know nothing about sales and marketing.
    More ad hominem attacks! Show me your M. Econ senpai!

I'm sure a $100 pack that contains one out of 42 old mount that previously sold for $20 will attract so many buyers! It's an exciting lockbox after all!

Well, I'm glad I quit this game early. Feel bad for those who've played it for years, but I guess they must have seen what's going on. It must have some very loyal whales if they think they can get away with 100$ boxes, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Well, I'm glad I quit this game early. Feel bad for those who've played it for years, but I guess they must have seen what's going on. It must have some very loyal whales if they think they can get away with 100$ boxes, though.
    Oh trust me it has it's whales and white knights who praise the game and have the whole "this is fine" attitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    More ad hominem attacks! Show me your M. Econ senpai!

I'm sure a $100 pack that contains one out of 42 old mount that previously sold for $20 will attract so many buyers! It's an exciting lockbox after all!
    Why? You have your mind set in stone. You proved you know nothing about the topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Well, since you're not buying the mount you want, you buy a chance of getting it, kind of proves you haven't really thought this through.
    Are you sure it proves that? It doesn't really matter if it's a mount or a lootbox with mounts. The point doesn't change. Shocking, I know.

- - - Updated - - -

So you think that ripping off your playerbase is good publicity? And people are wrong to feel salty? It's quite obvious to me you know nothing about sales and marketing.
    No one's ripping anybody off. There is no publicity at all on the part of the devs. The bad publicity comes from people who don't even PLAY the game anymore. They are salty. Because seriously why do they even care?
    Nice parroting at the end, doesn't even apply in the context though.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    The point does change, because you don't know what you're paying for,
    You know what you are paying for.

"lmao this game is fucking dead lol,let's just grab as much cash from it before everyone forgets it's even a thing" -Rift devs

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of proving my whole obtuse point, I clearly said you know what you might get, not what your paying for.
    You. Know. What. You. Are. Paying. For.

It's not an argument. It's a FACT. You pay for a chance to get 1 mount randomly selected out of the listed. You know what mounts are inside the box. You know that you will get 1 of them. You know that you will need to buy this box at least the exact number of times as the number of mounts in it (if you are lucky and get a new one each time) to get all of them.

If you look at this offer and don't understand/see what I have just described... it's just your personal issue.

You. Know. What. You. Are. Paying. For.

It's not an argument. It's a FACT. You pay for a chance to get 1 mount randomly selected out of the listed. You know what mounts are inside the box. You know that you will get 1 of them. You know that you will need to buy this box at least the exact number of times as the number of mounts in it (if you are lucky and get a new one each time) to get all of them.

If you look at this offer and don't understand/see what I have just described... it's just your personal issue.
    Actually, the only people that would buy this are those that don't know what they're paying for. These aren't some super exclusive or rare mounts available only from this box. Most of them are very common, sell for under the equivalent of $30 worth of in game currency, or were even sold in the past for cheaper. Some go for under $10. They're all available in game for much less than $100. The only people that would buy this box are those that didn't read the label and assumed that since it's $100, it must contain all 42 mounts and not just one.

Deleted
    The worst part about this insane cash grab is how they force people to buy it... oh wait.
    Shady business practice. They are obviously targeting the collector and gambler types and their research has shown that a portion of the playerbase will pay that amount.

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Shady business practice. They are obviously targeting the collector and gambler types and their research has shown that a portion of the playerbase will pay that amount.
    Don't bother. His kind doesn't believe shady business practices are worth crying over. Consumer rights? Pfffff consumers can protect themselves. No one forces anyone to buy anything amirite

10+ Year Old Account
    Jezzzz...someone should link this to that Hawaian minister.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Wait... what? There's not a mount in existence in any game worth $100, let alone a chance at one of 42. Trion has lost their goddamn minds. For $100 I should be getting every mount in that crate on all of my characters at their top speed and my next loyalty tier unlocked. Absolutely disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Wait... what? There's not a mount in existence in any game worth $100, let alone a chance at one of 42. Trion has lost their goddamn minds. For $100 I should be getting every mount in that crate on all of my characters at their top speed and my next loyalty tier unlocked. Absolutely disgusting.
    WoW TCG mounts says hi, especially the swift spectral tiger.

if you could buy one for 100$, you could sell it for 10m gold on EU at least, which in turn is like 37? months of gametime 37 months for 100$ thats under 3$ a month.

now you see why that mount is much much more than 100$.

here is a list https://www.wowtcgloot.com/cheapest.htm?category=mounts of WoW tcg mounts. For 100$ you can like look at the mount i guess? lol
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2017-12-14 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    WoW TCG mounts says hi, especially the swift spectral tiger.
    Those are sold by players who were lucky enough to get the card, not by Blizzard, no? If so, then it's not remotely the same at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Those are sold by players who were lucky enough to get the card, not by Blizzard, no? If so, then it's not remotely the same at all...
    he said there are no mounts in any games worth 100$, i didn't say blizzard was selling them or blizzard priced them i'm simply pointing out mounts clearly worth more than 100$