Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baz View Post
    Anyone tanked felhounds on mythic ? struggling here to survive on when having opposite debuff

hits so fucking hard
    Yup, killed him last Monday tanking the purple one and having fire buff on pull. The 100-50% was the hardest part. Most of the damage come from his swipe (magic damage) so I saved most of my cooldowns on the 4-5 stacks.
    As for setup, I went with :
    - Gear : Class ring legendary, Reliquary trinket, Shade of Xavius trinket (forgot what my other legendary was) ;
    - Talents : Gift of the mists, Dampen Harm, High Tolerance.

When purple does his 100% ability, use this time as a break. Once I got to 50% and switched to Shadowtouched, the fight was a walk in the park.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PinDrop View Post
    I mean, both strategies work, use whatever makes you feel comfortable. My raid's healers need all the relief they can get, so I prefer to remove the damage myself. I still pause if my health is dangerously low after the hit, however. I wouldn't call Black out Brew a 'special setup', either, as that's all you need to keep ISB up, even with one or two purifies every swipe. This fight is actually a real good one to monitor your ISB timers, and try to 'not' refresh it if it will expire just after the swipe, as you don't need it until you taunt again, and that will free up more brews.

I originally thought this fight was terrible for Brewmasters, now I'm starting to think it is actually one of the most fun, as there's room for more optimization and buff management rather than "keep ISB up, gj boss is dead."
    Sure in HC. However with Mythic Varimathras doing over 3x more damage with shadow strike being brewmaster in that fight is just a big liability. You basically need a disc priest to babysit you. It really stops being "fun" at that point.

I just switched to my crappy paladin alt. Easy to get SotR 100% effective uptime which is enough to handle the whole boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Yup, killed him last Monday tanking the purple one and having fire buff on pull. The 100-50% was the hardest part. Most of the damage come from his swipe (magic damage) so I saved most of my cooldowns on the 4-5 stacks.
    As for setup, I went with :
    - Gear : Class ring legendary, Reliquary trinket, Shade of Xavius trinket (forgot what my other legendary was) ;
    - Talents : Gift of the mists, Dampen Harm, High Tolerance.

When purple does his 100% ability, use this time as a break. Once I got to 50% and switched to Shadowtouched, the fight was a walk in the park.
    Did both tanks have the fire debuff?

Because its a lot easier to just switch tanks around when the debuff switches and have the shadowtouched tank the shadow while the fire touched tanks the fire dog.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Did both tanks have the fire debuff?
    I had Fire debuff while my co-tank had Purple, both swapped at 50%.

Because its a lot easier to just switch tanks around when the debuff switches and have the shadowtouched tank the shadow while the fire touched tanks the fire dog.
    That may be easier indeed. You still have a risk of tank swapping at the wrong time (i.e bad ability when bosses are too close => Blessing of Sargeras). Granted with speed boosts and doing it when purple does his 100 ability can be good timings for that, but our healers could keep up so we didn't bother.
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens

I had Fire debuff while my co-tank had Purple, both swapped at 50%.

That may be easier indeed. You still have a risk of tank swapping at the wrong time (i.e bad ability when bosses are too close => Blessing of Sargeras). Granted with speed boosts and doing it when purple does his 100 ability can be good timings for that, but our healers could keep up so we didn't bother.
    We switched when one of the dogs does his 100 energy ability (normally the fire dog a few moments after debuff switches) since that tank is free to run over, taunt and the other tank to run back.

But yeah if there was no issues there is no need to do things differently

We switched when one of the dogs does his 100 energy ability (normally the fire dog a few moments after debuff switches) since that tank is free to run over, taunt and the other tank to run back.

But yeah if there was no issues there is no need to do things differently
    We're going on them again tonight with a different healer comp : I'll tell my co-tank about it. After all, 25% is 25% !

We're going on them again tonight with a different healer comp : I'll tell my co-tank about it. After all, 25% is 25% !
    Also remember that no abilities happen as the debuff switches since energy gain is paused at that point.

Most annoying bug ever: Sometimes using Roll on Portal Keeper causes aggro loss. Boss just turns around and gibs someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    Most annoying bug ever: Sometimes using Roll on Portal Keeper causes aggro loss. Boss just turns around and gibs someone.
    I don't think it's roll, I spontaneously lost aggro this week on my brewmaster, but in our alt norm run the DK tank suddenly lost aggro to my hunter, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    It's not roll, and it's a known bug that effects all tanks.

So i got lucky and rolled 970 Eye of Shatug, due to the fact that it has 1200ish passive armor + shitloads of versi (or stamina) i assume it is BiS for us in physical encounters?
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    So i got lucky and rolled 970 Eye of Shatug, due to the fact that it has 1200ish passive armor + shitloads of versi (or stamina) i assume it is BiS for us in physical encounters?
    I remember someone doing the math when the raid came out and Darkmoon trinket is still better then eye.

Deleted
    I remember someone doing the math when the raid came out and Darkmoon trinket is still better then eye.
    The bonus armor on the stat budget suffers from the "synergy" with your co tank. If you are the only one with the trinket or you are both running the agi/armor version, even an 980 version is less armor (on average) than DmD:I. That being said, there is a lot of agi on that thing.

I have yet to find a fight where both tanks could run it buffing one another, because there is almost no reason to ever run the stam/versa version for 30 seconds or more.

For Brewmaster, I would currently consider the tank pantheon trinket and the Coven trinket to be good general purpose setup, with DmD:I a crit stat stick and Titanguard as situational trinkets to swap for the coven one. If you don't have the Pantheon trinket and the fight is predominantly physical, you could consider DmD:I + Eye and go all in on armor though, shouldn't be bad in any way.

10+ Year Old Account
    TFW you try to die to 6. scythe yet accidentally live. Monk is so good at Argus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    TFW you try to die to 6. scythe yet accidentally live. Monk is so good at Argus.
    The hard part about tanking Argus is dying to the scythe and not an auto attack a few seconds later so the other tank is late on turning the boss and he scythes the raid (yes that happened ><)

The hard part about tanking Argus is dying to the scythe and not an auto attack a few seconds later so the other tank is late on turning the boss and he scythes the raid (yes that happened ><)
    high tolerance + 4 set T20 + Belt + Shoulders

no way to die with that :> since basically u stagger it all and you will have enough haste to purify twice while maintaining ISB during tank cycle

Deleted
    Out of curiosity: Why shoulders over chest?

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Out of curiosity: Why shoulders over chest?
    better brew regen

chest basically makes rotation more smooth but the true benefit of chest comes on multi targets

My guild is going to help gear my BrM today since our maintank left guild. Should I go for T21 or highest ilvl pieces? I don't have 4 set T20.

Quote Originally Posted by Anufis View Post
    My guild is going to help gear my BrM today since our maintank left guild. Should I go for T21 or highest ilvl pieces? I don't have 4 set T20.
    just got for Ilvl.
    both T20 and T21 are not needed.