Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Found a moose range map. Looks like I was right, they don't go that far north for the most part.

Not a very good map as it doesn't show density...

Alaska caribou herds.

Not sure what Canada's situation is like but I'd imagine ecosystem wise that it is similar.

- - - Updated - - -

Canada moose population map:

Caribou map:

Polar bear population map:

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm learning so much about moose in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is not due to climate change.

Polar Bears die every year because when they come out of hibernation they need to find food.
    Sometimes they do not find it in time.

Been happening for years

That is what it gets for drinking all that coke.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    It is not due to climate change.

Polar Bears die every year because when they come out of hibernation they need to find food.
    Sometimes they do not find it in time.

Been happening for years
    I suppose that this must be that specie of non existent polar bears that hibernate ?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    What do you think?
    Many videos like that take the worse case possible and make it fit their agenda. I don't doubt that climate change played a role in this bear's life to end up like that but is it the ONLY cause, don't think so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I suppose that this must be that specie of non existent polar bears that hibernate ?
    You are right. Now I am confusing my documentaries in my head. I was linking the Mother Polar bear coming out of its den with hibernation.

Planet Earth wouldn't lie to me. The Polar bear died because it could not find food in time.
    Not because of global warming.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i don't see why the polar bears don't just move inland.

kind of an adapt or die thing. they're bigger and likely faster than grizzlies, they could chase down moose.

that's not to say that climate change isn't an issue, but i think the bears will survive it.
    Because humans.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

kind of an adapt or die thing. they're bigger and likely faster than grizzlies, they could chase down moose.

that's not to say that climate change isn't an issue, but i think the bears will survive it.
    They already adapt, see Polar Bear Grizzly-Hybrid.

We will see more of those in the near future, with the "pure" polar bears becoming extinct outside of zoos.

Nature always finds a way, and it doesn't give a shit about polar bear cubs being cuter than grizzly cubs.

They are moving inland and they're scavenging off of human junk.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is it folks, this one video of a polar bear starving with insightful commentary on this one not being due to climate change is the final nail in the coffin that is the sham that is climate change .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    This is it folks, this one video of a polar bear starving with insightful commentary on this one not being due to climate change is the final nail in the coffin that is the sham that is climate change .
    No.

Using the image of a starving polar bear to endorse global warming is dishonest and works great to discredit global warming defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    No.

Using the image of a starving polar bear to endorse global warming is dishonest and works great to discredit global warming defenders.
    Are we 100% sure that global warming PLAYED NO ROLE WHATSOEVER in the bear's death? Was there a necropsy performed to determine exact cause of death? Do you have a link to such information?

Fucking freeloading polar bears.

There goes the neighbourhood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The slow piano and strings tell me when I should be emotional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Are we 100% sure that global warming PLAYED NO ROLE WHATSOEVER in the bear's death? Was there a necropsy performed to determine exact cause of death? Do you have a link to such information?
    I am going to bet my last dollar that an autopsy report has never said:

Cause of death - Global Warming

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    I am going to bet my last dollar that an autopsy report has never said:

Cause of death - Global Warming
    I hope I don't have to walk you through the step by step process of explaining how polar bears have been affected by ice melting which limits their ability to access their primary food source. Which can and has led to polar bear deaths by starvation.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Which itself showed a huge amount of ignorance in Polar Bear behaviour. If anything we will see an increase in fatalities against humans

- - - Updated - - -

https://polarbearsinternational.org/...-fact-booming/
    Here I can quote the internet as well: https://polarbearscience.com/2017/02...-almost-30000/
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Polar bears have been starving to death since forever, so, its completely arbitrary assuming that bear died due to global warming. Specially considering polar bear population is rising, which means they are doing fine as species. Also, this increment of their population we've been seeing in the last decades leads inevitably to an increased competition for food.
    Last edited by igualitarist; 2017-12-14 at 02:55 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's just nature. You can search for Pictures of Polar Bears from the same Region and they are fat and healthy. The Region also has a fairly regular Thaw/Freeze cycle throughout the year.

Is Climate Change real? Yeah.
    Is it what made this bear Starve? I highly doubt it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Fucking freeloading polar bears.

There goes the neighbourhood.
    Hide yo Picanic Baskets Y'all.