Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    At least once you hit 75 and max out the crucible, each point after is more of a perk than a straight up noticeable increase. My plan is to hit ~80 or so and then honestly take a huge chill and say fuck it. If I get AP, I get AP, but I'm not gonna grind out world quests for it when a point will take over 1 Trillion AP.

P.S. Is that Pyra from Xenoblade 2 in your avatar?

Edit: Just 'cause I was curious, the top artifact right now has 11.1 Trillion AP put into it. That gives trait 82.

My Trait 78 artifact has 2.2 Trillion AP put into it.

The top person in the world has grinded out almost 9 TRILLION more AP than me and literally only has 1,200 extra primary stat on their proc to show for it.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad the system works this way. It's meant to be a perk, not a necessity. I'd rather it be this way than how it was at launch where it was world quest or die because you couldn't afford to pass up the ridiculously quick AP for time investment that gave your character actual percentages worth of an increase in throughput per point.
    yessu it is

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    most likely just a prepare thing
    with mythic raiders allready at like 30 they may just wanna make a few more to stop those mythic raiders from hitting 50 a few weeks before the expansion launches.
    but its easy to add new levels so just banm 50.
    also they may add a few more Ak levels, as earning all the netherlight crucible for all 3 specs can take awhile for the casuals

- - - Updated - - -

uh no, cthun was mathematically impossible.
    also syky that is a joke, no one legit said that, they said it as a joke...

- - - Updated - - -

its not anymore, its capped
    Nobody is going to get traits maxed. No matter how much they play.

80 to 101 requires you to do 114k mythic 15 arcways.

If Arcway 15 is a 15 minute clear, it would take you 1,71 million minutes, which is around 28500 hours, or 1187 FULL days.
    (Even if an Arcway 30 would give double AP of a 15 (which it doesn't) it would still take you nearly 2 years to complete).
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2017-12-14 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I don't get why blizzard wants us to constantly want more AP. What's so wrong with artifacts having a stopping point?
    It adds something for people to do and people who are neutral won't care. Sounds like a win win.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    yes, but the value for AP tokens has routinely increased, and I am simply calling that 'AK' due to the way its functioning currently.
    And it didn't increase this week because AK has capped out at 55. AP tokens didn't randomly increase, your AK level has increased by 1 every week since 7.3 released until it reached 55.
    Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Someone that couldn't count did the math, good job believing that person.
    Several people did the math. Including you. All arrived at it being impossible within the lifetime of Legion.

Are you saying you can't count?

Additionally, we're playing towards an end here. It'll become irrelevant with next expac when artifact weapons go *poof*

Wtf is the point of that. :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sebian View Post
    Additionally, we're playing towards an end here. It'll become irrelevant with next expac when artifact weapons go *poof*
    With that in mind, I think that if they want to encourage people to keep grinding at all, then having some sort of reasonable end cap might be appropriate.

Are they literally deleting the weapons from people's bags? I'm hoping we'll be able to keep the weapons in our bags/void storage at least.

We might get to keep the inventory items, but they'll either remove or disable all traits. There's far to much power in those to let us keep them.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I don't get why blizzard wants us to constantly want more AP. What's so wrong with artifacts having a stopping point?
    Because the previous expansions had the fanbase of wow bitching and screaming for something like this with an almost infinite no blocking power increase grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Wtf is the point of that. :/

- - - Updated - - -

With that in mind, I think that if they want to encourage people to keep grinding at all, then having some sort of reasonable end cap might be appropriate.

Are they literally deleting the weapons from people's bags? I'm hoping we'll be able to keep the weapons in our bags/void storage at least.
    I don't think we'll get to keep them, i think they'll be either removed entirely or turned into something entirely different so that we aren't left weaponless upon release. Just speculation!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebian View Post
    I don't think we'll get to keep them, i think they'll be either removed entirely or turned into something entirely different so that we aren't left weaponless upon release. Just speculation!
    I'll be really sad if that happens, to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surprised i don't see many people saying they feel forced to grind 100. I mean they really shouldn't anyways when Method beat it with what, 77/78 artifacts? If you can't do it with that then its not the artifact you should worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I'll be really sad if that happens, to be honest.
    So will i. I actually really liked the implementation of the artifact weapon...sad to see it go.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nobody is going to get traits maxed. No matter how much they play.

80 to 101 requires you to do 114k mythic 15 arcways.

If Arcway 15 is a 15 minute clear, it would take you 1,71 million minutes, which is around 28500 hours, or 1187 FULL days.
    (Even if an Arcway 30 would give double AP of a 15 (which it doesn't) it would still take you nearly 2 years to complete).

- - - Updated - - -

Someone that couldn't count did the math, good job believing that person.
    LOLOL
    "No its impossible to reach max"
    "You are an idiot for thinking its impossible to reach max"

what the fuck?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And it didn't increase this week because AK has capped out at 55. AP tokens didn't randomly increase, your AK level has increased by 1 every week since 7.3 released until it reached 55.

Several people did the math. Including you. All arrived at it being impossible within the lifetime of Legion.

Are you saying you can't count?
    Nah completely misread that somehow lul.

I don't think we're meant to worry about it? It's just making sure we never run out. My main is at 77; I got 3 other toons around 75, and I really don't worry about anything after that. But I'm still glad I can do something with the AP instead of vendoring it. I won't go out of my way to farm AP, but I'm glad I can still use it.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    LOLOL
    "No its impossible to reach max"
    "You are an idiot for thinking its impossible to reach max"

what the fuck?
    Misquoted the last guy, though you're saying blizzard is doing this to prevent people from hitting 101 traits before BfA.

-

Trait 96 to 101 requires 632,8 trillion AP. To put that in perspective :
    Arcway 15 is 9,45 billion AP and let's say you do them in 10 minutes.

632,8 trillion / 9,45 billion = ~66962 Arcway 15's.

66962 * 10 minutes / 60 = 11160 hours
    11160 hours / 24 = 465 FULL days

It takes over a year at the current knowledge if you play 24 hours per day.

Even if you would double the AP gains, you'd still not be able to do in a year once you calculate in sleep and eating.

7+ Year Old Account
    Misquoted the last guy, though you're saying blizzard is doing this to prevent people from hitting 101 traits before BfA.

-

Trait 96 to 101 requires 632,8 trillion AP. To put that in perspective :
    Arcway 15 is 9,45 billion AP and let's say you do them in 10 minutes.

632,8 trillion / 9,45 billion = ~66962 Arcway 15's.

66962 * 10 minutes / 60 = 11160 hours
    11160 hours / 24 = 465 FULL days

It takes over a year at the current knowledge if you play 24 hours per day.

Even if you would double the AP gains, you'd still not be able to do in a year once you calculate in sleep and eating.
    dude.
    1. They may add a few more AK levels (as 55 just seems weird)
    and 2. mythic raiders capped the artifact in like 4 weeks after legion launched...
    they are most likely prepping just incase.
    Also there is alot of other ways to get AP much faster then arcway 15. for example people are doing arcways 40, and weekly raids give far more, and weekly M+ chest gives far more.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    dude.
    and 2. mythic raiders capped the artifact in like 4 weeks after legion launched...
    Also there is alot of other ways to get AP much faster then arcway 15. for example people are doing arcways 40, and weekly raids give far more, and weekly M+ chest gives far more.

You can do +40 dungeons all you want, and trust me, you won't, it's just not efficient to run those high keys if it's for AP because it will be a wipefest because every ability on a 22 can almost one shot, on a 40, you'll probably die from anything that targets you.

This is 96 to 101 (deadline is 365 days, so 1 year).

Sure you can do like 100 billion AP per day from a WQ but that's the equivalent of almost 11 Arcway 15's, you'll still need to do another 174 15's on top of that to meet your daily goal. A 40 key could 5 times more AP than a 15, you still will need to do around 38 15's on a daily basis, and those runs would be so slow, you probably couldn't even fit all of them into a full day.

Unless they add AK, it's not going to happen (Perhaps they can also nerf the traits below 101 to lesser AP required and buff those above it).

Going by the current AK increases, I multiplied them up to AK 60 at (23,391,463 multiplier, current is 6,300,001) it's still going to be 25k dungeons from 75 to 101, so they'll have to go well beyond AK60 to make it doable to get beyond 101 unless they want everyone to farm AP 12 hours per day).
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2017-12-14 at 01:18 PM.

dude.
    well duh - wanna bet that 7.3.5 will end with AK 70 ? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped going to my main spec Concordance after I hit 75 on my weapon. I'm working on getting my other two to 75 now. There's really no point in farming AP after you finish the Crucible.