Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I believe isn't there a part in the change that prevents states from making laws to overturn it as well.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Doranian123 View Post
    It was a fun ride guys, I'll see you on the other side.
    See you in early 2015. At this points it's on Congress... you know the people WE elected to make decisions for us. Not the FCC when it comes to things they clearly don't understand.

Also, the marketing going into both sides is insane. We won't be getting Cable TV like packages for Internet because of this. If that ever happens, it was going to happen regardless. Never underestimate the greed of these corporations whose only concern is making money and turning a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Wow. That sounds awful.

So basically if it goes then ISPS can do some pretty shady stuff?

I hope it stays for you guys over there!
    It's actually happened. ISPs noticed a huge amount of bandwidth was going through Netflix. So they throttled them. In layman's terms that means that if you or I wanted to watch Netflix, the episodes would take longer to load deliberately. The ISPs then went to Netflix and said 'pay us more to stop throttling you.' Obama didn't like it and passed net neutrality. Now Trump and his big business buddies are throwing it out. "Hey, we notice you play WoW. Throttled, unless you buy our super deluxe MMO package, only $5 a month on top of your existing bill!" Another 5 for youtube, another 5 for amazon, another 5 for facebook. Etc etc. There's nothing stopping them.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    America is a hyper-capitalist country. The copious amounts of greedy corporate fat cats are in abundance. In the end it was inevitable...

And thank fucking god I don't live there!

10+ Year Old Account
    I got tired of this fucking drama... And glad it is over!

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Man they sure were effective at ignoring the wild mass of people telling them not to. One has to worry when the Government so blatantly ignores the will of the people.
    What's worse is they aren't just ignoring that people are against it they are saying people are for it and using real peoples identities to fake comments that are in support of repealing it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/net-neu...ts-prosecutor/

[Sign off your rights, to become property of Comcast to see this message]

Yup, enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That vote hasn’t happened yet, so why the thread?
    Name your stakes, I'll give you 10-1 saying it'll pass...

[ This comment has been blocked, due to not fitting our narrative, political views and interests ]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Time for some good old street lynching of Pai.
    actually, in this case, by simple condition of how the US was founded... this would actually not be against the law, since he is pushing his tyrannical laws upon the public without even being an elected official, and with more than 80% of the population for net neutrality.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Don't cry over spilled milk. At the end of the day it is what it is.
    Fatalism isn't a fun place to be. I tried it for a few years.

It's much better when heads aren't buried in sand hiding.

I only picked your post... because.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Don't cry over spilled milk. At the end of the day it is what it is.
    And the end of the day, if you don't value your internet access more than some milk - that's fine.

But those of us who depend on it for our lives - it is a slightly more serious story.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    Enlighten me please.. Is this for US only or world wide, that we in the EU have to PAY additional to use the internet?? Or what's the big deal about this?? Thanks
    US only. Net neutrality in the EU is so far still protected.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    But those of us who depend on it for our lives - it is a slightly more serious story.
    I don't depend on it for my life, but I'm about to enter a situation where my ISP could decide to block my website unless I fess up with some cash. I have other avenues of advertising, sure, but I also have a dark mind and I'd totally use that racketeering angle.

Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who here did their part in fighting this thing? Who here is guilty of letting there nihilism ruin the internet
    Well there was a national referendum with one candidate supporting NN. But she had emails.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Let me guess, you depend on the internet to stay alive? I thought you were a dead man walking anyway. Your posts always drone on about how you're just waiting to die or somesuch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    US only. Net neutrality in the EU is so far still protected.
    For how long though? That's the million dollar question. Eventually Canada, the EU/UK will follow suit.

Canada will see change much quicker for obvious reasons (they don't have much competition either). The EU though? I'll give it < a decade.

The bottom line is certain websites like Netflix or Hulu will probably invest in locating when a ISP is intentionally slowing traffic to their site and then they have a lawsuit on their hands vs whoever the ISP is because they're impeding on their business which is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Well, I hope they keep their hands in their pockets but I'm not exactly optimistic since Comcast removed it's promise not to engage in any fuckery from it's website the day the Net Neutrality repeal was revealed and has been proven to be throttling netflix for a while now.
    Netflix is a special case. They have integrated servers across many nodes of Comcast networks. Something which only Amazon else has
    Last edited by Linkedblade; 2017-12-14 at 07:45 AM.

Who here did their part in fighting this thing? Who here is guilty of letting there nihilism ruin the internet
    I've posted comments throughout in support. Mine were apparently washed out by bots.