Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    1. Thalyssra was first arcanist.

Compared to people like Vashj, Azshara, Xavius, Ellisande, Thalysra, Ravencrest, they were nothing in reputation and younger.
    Where does it say that Thalryssa were first arcanist during WotA? Where does it say that she is older than Tyrande?

Bit off topic, but I can't find anything that claims that(and there isn't much spesific old lore about Thalryssa)

What I understand is that it is a title the Nightborne made during the time after they went under the bubble, but the lore is a bit vague about the Nightborne. But if you know, then please share.

From Elisande:
    "The Highborne—of which Elisande was a member. The future Grand Magistrix was put in charge of an elite group of Highborne sorcerers who pledged their loyalty solely to the revered kaldorei queen, Azshara"

Future Grand Magistrix it says about her, meaning she wasn't Grand Magistrix back then but rather implies that was the title she got or took after they went under the shield. Wich then also might be the thing for First Arcanist.

But I might be wrong. The lore about the spesific NPCs are a bit vague, wich isn't weird since the Nightborne is kinda new to the World of Warcraft lore.

What you fundmentally misunderstand is that Suramar was sealed off to protect it from the Legion, who were attempting to build another portal there. It does not matter one iota if Tyrande thinks they betrayed them in WOTA, that just means she doesn't trust them and the feeling of distrust is actually mutual. The entire point here is what your fan favorite faction leader thinks is not always what is actually true.

Also, while it's not actually stated anywhere that Thalyssra was First Arcanist during WOTA, it is as a matter of fact known that she was a full adult Highborne Mage living in Suramar before WOTA and it is very strongly implied in the pre-legion Nightborne comic that she was in fact part of that elite group of Highborne sorcerers that created the Nightwell and the Arcane Shield over Suramar.

It is also know that Tyrande (as well as Malfurion and Illidan) was very young during WOTA, and apart from not being Hightborne was just never in a position of leadership at that time.

Either way the point is that the contention between these factions is very strongly founded, the bottom line is that Thalyssra and her people do not recognize the authority of Malfurion and Tyrande, and why should they? Cuz you do? Lol.

Anyways those are some nice walls of text but no matter how much you don't like it, it actually does make total sense that Thalyssra would join the Horde. And you can stop derailing the thread like now thanks.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-12-14 at 11:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    What you fundmentally misunderstand is that Suramar was sealed off to protect it from the Legion, who were attempting to build another portal there. It does not matter one iota if Tyrande thinks they betrayed them in WOTA, that just means she doesn't trust them and the feeling of distrust is actually mutual. The entire point here is what your fan favorite faction leader thinks is not always what is actually true.

Also, while it's not actually stated anywhere that Thalyssra was First Arcanist during WOTA, it is as a matter of fact known that she was a full adult Highborne Mage living in Suramar before WOTA and it is very strongly implied in the pre-legion Nightborne comic that she was in fact part of that elite group of Highborne sorcerers that created the Nightwell and the Arcane Shield over Suramar.

It is also know that Tyrande (as well as Malfurion and Illidan) was very young during WOTA, and apart from not being Hightborne was just never in a position of leadership at that time.

Either way the point is that the contention between these factions is very strongly founded, the bottom line is that Thalyssra and her people do not recognize the authority of Malfurion and Tyrande, and why should they? Cuz you do? Lol.

Anyways those are some nice walls of text but no matter how much you don't like it, it actually does make total sense that Thalyssra would join the Horde. And you can stop derailing the thread like now thanks.
    1. you really didnt read anything so you "fundamentally misunderstood" everything.
    2. you have truly no idea what me or the other people are talking about, but thats ok. hint: literally no one has argued why thralyssra should or shouldnt join the horde
    3. If this is derailing your thread, then that is your opinion, you have two options. 1. put me on ignore, 2. report for derailing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Where does it say that Thalryssa were first arcanist during WotA? Where does it say that she is older than Tyrande?

Bit off topic, but I can't find anything that claims that(and there isn't much spesific old lore about Thalryssa)

What I understand is that it is a title the Nightborne made during the time after they went under the bubble, but the lore is a bit vague about the Nightborne. But if you know, then please share.

From Elisande:
    "The Highborne—of which Elisande was a member. The future Grand Magistrix was put in charge of an elite group of Highborne sorcerers who pledged their loyalty solely to the revered kaldorei queen, Azshara"

Future Grand Magistrix it says about her, meaning she wasn't Grand Magistrix back then but rather implies that was the title she got or took after they went under the shield. Wich then also might be the thing for First Arcanist.

But I might be wrong. The lore about the spesific NPCs are a bit vague, wich isn't weird since the Nightborne is kinda new to the World of Warcraft lore.
    I will admit that this is one of those inferred points. There is no clear standing lore that she was actually first arcanist during WOTA. During the alliance campign on suramars rebellion this is what Tyrande said, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6-BSeuT1Mw . But i admit that doesnt clearly specify as fact that she was in that position.

I edited my initial post cuz you are right there is no standing fact that she was. that dialogue i think points more to the "order" than thalysra herself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    Because leadership over your nation entails defending and guiding it.
    The night elves have bared the brunt of Horde attack after Horde attack since joining the useless shit Alliance. And now it's culminated in a destruction of their capital and potential eviction from their homeland. And for what? Steering the same path? What do the Night Elves and the rest of the Alliance even have in common? The idea of joining the Alliance was to have more muscle defending their homeland. It's failed them utterly. Why would a single night elf risk their life to defend Stromgarde when the Alliance failed to defend Teldrassil? Because idiot Tyrande said so? lol

To quote myself...

Stop being concerned with what the scumbag humans want and start being concerned with your own land and your own people is a good start. Being ghettoised in the fucking Alliance isn't a good place to be. The Alliance was SUPPOSED TO BE different nations with different cultures *allying* for a common cause, not homogenised vassals under a high king defending STORMWIND.
    +1 to that.
    Last edited by Minikin; 2017-12-14 at 01:08 PM.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

I will admit that this is one of those inferred points. There is no clear standing lore that she was actually first arcanist during WOTA. During the alliance campign on suramars rebellion this is what Tyrande said, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6-BSeuT1Mw . But i admit that doesnt clearly specify as fact that she was in that position.

I edited my initial post cuz you are right there is no standing fact that she was. that dialogue i think points more to the "order" than thalysra herself.
    Okay

Yeah, there isn't much to take from. I mean, she might have been, but it will be only speculations I guess. Your speculations are as good as mine though(or better!)
    I would guess the order Tyrande talks about here is the Highborne, and how the following Nightborne(group) "exiled" themselves from the rest, but that could also mean what you think it means, an order of mages etc. I mean, the Nightborne is a race of mages and warriors.

Just wanted to know if you actually got some lore, its nice to read/get info. From the start of Legion I have searched, checked those tablets in actual Suramar ingame with text on etc(crazy). I would think they made their own order of leaders/titles etc after they actually went under the dome, but that is just my guess!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    with respect to reasons for the elves to join up with the allaince as it is seen in wow...

the Alliance of Lordaeron was basically destroyed prior to the night elves joining. What with the joining getting hamfisted in during the time between WC3 and WoW and Lordaeron and all the various groups in teh region getting removed form the plot somehow or transitioning into Stormwind (note, that's key figures and not the whole groups). It's really never quite gone into why the night elves joined up beyond stereotypical elf/drawf/human faction and that the Forsaken got in game as a non-alliance race >.> so.... eh?
    I agree 100%. they need to clarify this alliance of lordaeron thing once, cuz Metzen refers to the alliance of today as the alliance of lorderaon, but honestly its very debatable at this point in the game. But then again, Metzen is the guy so...

I kind of remember (not 100% sure here) someone saying that the night elves join the alliance because they needed a strong faction to ally with. But honestly besides minor movements in ashenvale the night elves had no quibble with the orcs (well up until Cata and then Garrosh showed up).
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Even the good orcs? That's not very paldinly of him. All that light and goodness....except for orcs. What a hater. He should join the Ebon Blade.
    The only good Orc is the dead Orc on the end of my blade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Okay

Yeah, there isn't much to take from. I mean, she might have been, but it will be only speculations I guess. Your speculations are as good as mine though(or better!)
    I would guess the order Tyrande talks about here is the Highborne, and how the following Nightborne(group) "exiled" themselves from the rest, but that could also mean what you think it means, an order of mages etc. I mean, the Nightborne is a race of mages and warriors.

Just wanted to know if you actually got some lore, its nice to read/get info. From the start of Legion I have searched, checked those tablets in actual Suramar ingame with text on etc(crazy). I would think they made their own order of leaders/titles etc after they actually went under the dome, but that is just my guess!
    thanks for kind words mista

yea honestly after a certain point lore becomes a bit blurry because its all inference. Some people can hold that reality and move into arguments knowing that inferences are debatable but some sadly start forcing an argument towards just their point.

I hope they add more to Suramar about what they did in that 10000 year time. Issue is, since suramar is already such a polished area blizzard tends to ignore things like that until much much later, which would suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus1177 View Post
    It's funny how many people don't realise this is a troll. And a good one too
    Just MMOC things

thanks for kind words mista

yea honestly after a certain point lore becomes a bit blurry because its all inference. Some people can hold that reality and move into arguments knowing that inferences are debatable but some sadly start forcing an argument towards just their point.

I hope they add more to Suramar about what they did in that 10000 year time. Issue is, since suramar is already such a polished area blizzard tends to ignore things like that until much much later, which would suck.
    Yeah, would love some more lore about them myself. But you are right, the chance of them adding something fundamental is slim, but we can hope they add some small things at least. They are a playable race soon so they could deserve some more.

Suramar is awesome though Hope they will add more zone/cities like that. It do cost the budget of a whole expansion as WoD to make it, but definitely worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    The only good Orc is the dead Orc on the end of my blade.
    I'm sorry. Don't hurt me, but LOL! This is the first thing that came to mind when I read that. XD

Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-12-14 at 05:56 PM.

1. you really didnt read anything so you "fundamentally misunderstood" everything.
    2. you have truly no idea what me or the other people are talking about, but thats ok. hint: literally no one has argued why thralyssra should or shouldnt join the horde
    3. If this is derailing your thread, then that is your opinion, you have two options. 1. put me on ignore, 2. report for derailing
    #1 You're talking about Tyrande and Thalyssra in a thread about Turalyon and Alleria and have been going off in long rants about it for a couple pages now. You're off topic. Clearly the topic is not anything about Tyrande and Thalyssra.

#2 The things you are saying about those characters this thread is not about have no factual basis. The whole basis of your argument is because you a player did some quests so therefore this race should be available to you to play on your faction of choice. That's not how this works.

#3 No, this is my thread and you are merely being allowed to post in it. It is I and I alone as the starter of the thread that decides what the topic of the thread is. Do you understand? If so do not respond to this post and do not talk about Tyrande and Thalyssra anymore in this thread. Thank you.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-12-14 at 11:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    #1 You're talking about Tyrande and Thalyssra in a thread about Turalyon and Alleria and have been going off in long rants about it for a couple pages now. You're off topic. Clearly the topic is not anything about Tyrande and Thalyssra.

#2 The things you are saying about those characters this thread is not about have no factual basis. The whole basis of your argument is because you a player did some quests so therefore this race should be available to you to play on your faction of choice. That's not how this works.

#3 No, this is my thread and you are merely being allowed to post in it. It is I and I alone as the starter of the thread that decides what the topic of the thread is. Do you understand? If so do not respond to this post and do not talk about Tyrande and Thalyssra anymore in this thread. Thank you.
    Look at the options in the previous post. K? K.

I tried to warn him about this, but now if I go to visit him in the Stormwind Embassy to reminisce about our adventures together on Argus he's going to try and kill me. Wtf!?
    It is kinda amusing hearing his emotes on Argus... "the army of light is proud to call you an ally champion"........"except for a year from now when we totally forget this all happened and fuck your blood elf ass we are going to kill you on sight"

Look at the options in the previous post. K? K.
    Dude are you for real? You're plainly derailing the discussion and were asked to stop. Just stop it and take it somewhere else.

From here on out all of your posts that are not on topic will be reported and buried with something else. Any response to me from you will not be replied to. Have a nice day, and learn some basic forum etiquette while you're at it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    It is kinda amusing hearing his emotes on Argus... "the army of light is proud to call you an ally champion"........"except for a year from now when we totally forget this all happened and fuck your blood elf ass we are going to kill you on sight"
    I mean that totally happened and you can't take that away from anybody.

When you make a thread on these forums you invite everyone to participate in it. It is not your thread, it's MMO-Champion's.

If you don't like it, stop making them or make your own god damn forum.

#3 No, this is my thread and you are merely being allowed to post in it.
    You say that as if you have any control over who posts in it.

Maybe you should
    learn some basic forum etiquette

Instead of just raging at anyone who happens to have a difference of opinion or insight.

Turaylon never belong to the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Alidfe View Post

Maybe you should

Instead of just raging at anyone who happens to have a difference of opinion or insight.
    First off your sock is obvious. Second I'm not raging I'm just being direct.

Third, the initial post you responded to wasn't in response to you in the first place literally had nothing to do with you. Literally followed the post it was responding to.

Not sure who this Turalyon fella is but I’m a big fan of Tyrande and Thalyssra.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alidfe View Post

Maybe you should

Number 1 rule of forum etiquette: Don’t feed the trolls.

I knew it was only a matter of time before someone tried to flip the “Nightborne to Horde” “controversy” around and do the same for the Army of the Light.