Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Will classic servers have new models from WoD and more ?

Will classic servers have new race models from WoD and legion animations etc.

Wouldn't make sense

If they do it would be a toggable option. I believe the question was in a Blizz survey a while ago and the majority vote was for "have the new models ingame but the old models are the default"

Hope not, I hate them.
    At most, the old graphics should be by default, with an option for the new ones. At MOST.

It should be Vanilla WoW or nothing.

Yes/No/Maybe

They will since Classic will have to be built from the retail client but they'll put a lot of work into it also supporting the old ones, otherwise the backlash would be insane.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    They will since Classic will have to be built from the retail client but they'll put a lot of work into it also supporting the old ones, otherwise the backlash would be insane.
    Proof of that nonsense please?
    OP - eveb if they do I hope they use original models as baseline and add moder as a toggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Daggot Ur View Post
    Proof of that nonsense please?
    OP - eveb if they do I hope they use original models as baseline and add moder as a toggle.
    Yup, you can check the Blizzard careers page. The job description for the vanilla developers is mostly client work, things that wouldn't be needed if they were using the old client.

Honestly makes no sense even if I don't mind personally, because the rest of the world will have low res textures but characters will look new.
    It kinda makes sense now because we are supposed to be mostly in the newest expansion's zones or maybe previous ones, just like they shouldn't have newer models of molten giants and such.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, you can check the Blizzard careers page. The job description for the vanilla developers is mostly client work, things that wouldn't be needed if they were using the old client.
    So in reality this is your interpretation of the job posting and not direct quote from Blizz. So it is not guaranteed. My interpretation of it that they will be working on the OLD client and making it work on the MODERN hardware and battlenet. I guess that’s what was said at Blizzcon

Quote Originally Posted by Daggot Ur View Post
    So in reality this is your interpretation of the job posting and not direct quote from Blizz. So it is not guaranteed. My interpretation of it that they will be working on the OLD client and making it work on the MODERN hardware and battlenet. I guess that’s what was said at Blizzcon
    Well no, if you work in the industry or even with development in general it very clearly spells out what they'll be doing, no interpretation is necessary, unless you're not a developer of course, then you'll have to interpret.

I wouldn't mind options to be honest, let's face it it's 2004 graphics, doesn't really look good.

Deleted
    Built from retail.... you honestly believe that shit?
    Why would they?

Well no, if you work in the industry or even with development in general it very clearly spells out what they'll be doing, no interpretation is necessary, unless you're not a developer of course, then you'll have to interpret.
    Actually there's nothing specific in those ads so anyone can interpret whatever the fuck they want

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok Mr Morhaime can you please log out of this weird account and log with your own?
    At Blizzcon it was said they will figure out how to make old client to work on new platform.
    That’s it. They never said they will take new client and build vanilla on it.

No they shouldnt. You want vanilla, you should get vanilla, imperfections and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    It might not make sense but they probably will.

Let's be honest about Blizzard as a company - they're going to prefer putting out a games with updated graphics at least on a toggle as the old models will be a turnoff for many people, while those who have been waiting to play Vanilla on a legit server will likely play it regardless of the models.

Blizz's primary goal is always to draw in new users.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

7+ Year Old Account
    No because then it wouldn't be "classic" WoW...