Page 20 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrasque View Post
    This will effect anything on American servers, however, including Blizzard products.
    If it seriously happens I can see companies move their servers out of the US in order to not lose access from the rest of the world.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Toubacos View Post
    Glad I live in the EU.
    I wouldn't be too relieved, EU will likely follow at some point.

You obviously do not know how legislation works, do you? Slowly, over time, more charges will stack, sites will vanish or change to reflect ransom charges. This also means that all forms of gaming and streaming will encounter random throttling which will be from your ISP, but look like the platform that you are using.
    He thinks his guns will protect him from this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    y'all should've voted is all i gotta say

maybe think of that next time before you vote your conscience will jill stein haha a
    The FCC is not an elected body....
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    It means your ISP can now decide how you get to use the Internet, charging you more for accessing content or just blocking content they don't want you to access.

Edit: Small correction, it can still be challenged in court (it wont be) and Congress can still choose to keep it (they wont).
    it will 100% be challenged in court.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Sorry for the dude who called you an idiot.

Yeah, most people don't know this, but we actually don't have competition. ISPs usually have total monopoly in certain regions and it can change if you simply walk across the street to a different neighborhood. Like... you could live in an area where you can ONLY purchase Internet from Comcast. If you walked over to the next neighborhood, then they might only allow internet from AT&T. I don't know how it worked, but it was like this for my neighborhood for a while when I was growing up. There were two options: AT&T which was basically the standard "usable internet", or you picked the slightly cheaper but significantly worse ISP. My friend from the third grade had the shit internet, and I remember how excited he was when they eventually died off and you could only choose AT&T. It was great that he had to get real internet, but we also only had ONE choice.

And the choices are usually the big service providers btw. So you'll have three options MAYBE, but none of them will be a local small business. Without Net Neutrality, we're going to get fucked in the ass by whoever we choose. They will also most likely work together to fuck you. AT&T will offer you the best deal on streaming services from Netflix or YouTube, while Comcast will make sure they have the best internet for Hulu, and Twitch. One of them will have less latency in Blizzard games, but the other one will download Blizzard games significantly faster. Or you could spend an extra 19.99 a month and receive the full package without any issues.
    Why are you sorry? The first paragraph that cretin wrote shows that be IS an idiot.

This will effect anything on American servers, however, including Blizzard products.
    Errr, why would it? Blizzard has European servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    it will 100% be challenged in court.
    Doubt it, there's really no legal grounds for a challenge.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Valqt View Post
    I think it's pretty clear the US is alone going down the rabbit hole (climate change, ISPs etc).

Ajit Pai was not put in this position buy trump? You really want to say that shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    This will not happen right away, this has to go to court and congress hopefully the blue states will be able to stop it on their turf at the least.
    Unfortunately, part of the FCC's implemented plan denies Net Neutrality participation at both the State and County level. So if it is passed, it will be passed everywhere, regardless of location in the US.

Deleted
    ~snipped~
    please post constructively
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2017-12-15 at 02:20 PM.

I think it's pretty clear the US is alone going down the rabbit hole (climate change, ISPs etc).
    I wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    In other countries such as Norway they have certain plans that lets you listen to Spotify without using your data package. So you guys don't have net neutrality either...

So what is so horrible about this? If some company like Comcast decides to make a "slow lane", then luckily for you we have this fucking important principal called "free competition". It means that you are free to switch to some other company that does not have this "slow lane". There is no way in hell every company will have a slow lane. In fact, this change is actually a win for the concept of "free competition".

I think you guys need more faith in free competition, as it has proved time and time again to be benefital to the consumers.
    I don't know if you live in the the US or not, but there are many areas where there are maybe 1 or 2 options for what ISPs you can choose from. I lived in an area where the only option was Comcast. That is why losing NN is such a big deal. There are no other options, so ISPs can do whatever they want and your other choice is to deal with it or go without internet. The repeal of NN also makes it easier for ISPs to completely dominate up and coming ISPs by making it more difficult for them advertise and by making exclusive deals with popular online services like Netflix or HULU. Some smaller ISP could not compete with that.

ISPs have already done shit like this in the past: Go to 6:12

Now we just need State-level net neutrality.

but candidates nominate officials. does this really need to be said?

Quote Originally Posted by Vyuvarax View Post
    Blame every conservative you know that voted for Donald Trump. They voted for you and everyone they know to be sold out by the Trump administration to huge corporations. Cut off contact and shame them for what they’ve done to hurt those around them.

Oh stfu. If you cut off contact with friends and family because of who they voted for, you’re a psychopath.

Quote Originally Posted by Valqt View Post
    Nah, shit like this only happens in the US.

Deleted
    Not sure about that tho. WoW European servers are based in the EU, not america, thats the reason one cannot play on other regions with the same game. I might be wrong. So, i guess since our providers are*European we wont see any difference at all when accessing US based websites.

Deleted
    The UK will probably follow suite, we seem determined to out-stupid the USA lately.