Page 22 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Maybe the democrats should have offered us an actual good alternative to trump then. Instead of Hillary.
    Nothing wrong with Hillary that hasn’t been a huge lie to progagate your fellow consetvatives’ horrible behavior. Trump is much, much worse on any metric. Sorry you lie to explain why you hurt people you know. You have deep, deep moral flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Lol, been a long time since ive been to t_d, they've become a parody of themselves :/
    I just love how before this became a partisan issue the only people against Net Neutrality were those shilling for companies, but now, people on t_d actually think the shills were the ones supporting Net Neutrality.

Oh how the turns have tabled.

I remember how bad the internet was for Obama's first several years in power. Thank you, Trump, for taking us back to those truly awful times.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudzie View Post
    Not sure about that tho. WoW European servers are based in the EU, not america, thats the reason one cannot play on other regions with the same game. I might be wrong. So, i guess since our providers are*European we wont see any difference at all when accessing US based websites.
    Blizzard, a US company, will still be paying their ISPs. This means that the cost will have to come from somewhere, including foreign countries... This is one of the reasons that it is such a big deal to American companies, it will allow them to charge other countries significantly more for their services to cover new ISP ransom costs and costs associated in paying ISPs to throttle their competition. This also means that any EU, or any other country, that sells games and service to the US, will be subject to the same ransoming costs, ultimately shooting up costs of services worldwide so long as they compete in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, my net just decided to side with my cheating whore of an ex.

It's definitely not neutral anymore .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    its so dumb too because trump supporters are the ones that should be advocating for NN the most.
    Dont expect any kind of consistency from these people.

7+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    its so dumb too because trump supporters are the ones that should be advocating for NN the most.
    It got billed to Trump supporters as "big government" controlling the internet. So it went well with those people I guess?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I have avoided the donald since it first came out. That was my first time going there. It was frightening.
    T_D in the early days actually wasn't that bad, back when trump wasn't considered a serious contender it was just silly memes and shitposting, not that bad really. The closer it got to the election the more extreme it got.

15+ Year Old Account
    I want to feel bad for the US, but I can't. It was the trumpkin that chose ajit pai to be chairman of the FCC. You can thank everyone who voted for trump that you lost net neutrality.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I have avoided the donald since it first came out. That was my first time going there. It was frightening.
    I am sorry for causing you harm, I totally forget that t_d can actually cause brain damage by just visiting the website sometimes :3

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    I remember how bad the internet was for Obama's first several years in power. Thank you, Trump, for taking us back to those truly awful times.
    Serious question. What was different? Don’t remember the internet being any different.

Probably just a coincidence, but certain sites are working a lot slower today for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Oh stfu. If you cut off contact with friends and family because of who they voted for, you’re a psychopath.
    I cut off ties with people who willfully harm others. Keeping those kinds of people in your life is psychopathic, masochistic behavior. You have some deep moral flaws to defend conservatives who willingly hurt other people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I just love how before this became a partisan issue the only people against Net Neutrality were those shilling for companies, but now, people on t_d actually think the shills were the ones supporting Net Neutrality.

Yeah its bizzare, if it wasn't on T_D i'd probably think it was satire

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what, I honestly don't even blame Comcast or Verizon. They are huge faceless corperations whos SOLE PURPOSE is to make more money. That's it. That's literally why they exist. They don't exist to bring us internet, they exist to make money and internet is the means in which they do so.

I blame corrupt, greedy little turd faces like Ajit Pai who suck on the corporations dicks in hopes that he can get a piece of that green. Human garbage leaches like him are right down there in the level of rapists and pedophiles to me.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Good luck, America!

Always with you,
    Canada.
    canada is so behind the times we wont see this for 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post

It upsets liberals, that's their only requirement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Well, according to Americans in my gym, now you'll have truly free internet. Government shouldn't impede businesses' ability to earn money, it's quite anti-American.

What I personally find interesting is that people are more concerned about internet than healthcare
    Bread and circuses..Weirdly they are attacking the circus

As for overall theur was NOTHING the people could do short of mass rioting. Pai had his mind made up. The corporations did too. This was going to happen under him no matter what.

You should all recognize a few really big things.

1. Net Neutrality wasn't something we ever had until just a few years ago. Everythine was, more or less, the same as it was before.

2. The absense of Net Neutrality doesn't inherently mean things cost more money. It means the ISPs, for example, actually have control over their own company. This may or may not be an actual good thing. They could abuse it and we're screwed. Or they could give us more for less (far less likely, but still possible). However, this creates my third point.

3. Get the hell of Comcast. They're going to jack up prices and slow speeds. Guess what? Go to another company that isn't. Other company has the ability to be competetive now. With Net Neutrality, ISPs are almost all the exact same company because the government is making them be. Now they can try and be their own company and flourish.

People try to compare us to India's situation. We, as a country, are not like that at all. Nothing the FCC says or does will let us get to that point because we would literally have a civil war over it first. We are also more advanced as a country. People have more of an opinion; people come up with better ideas; people work harder to make a name for themselves.. you get it.

TL;DR: We don't know where the absense of Net Neutrality is going to lead. However, you are being incredibly oblivious if you don't understand that it could theoretically be a good thing to have it gone. It most likely won't because we live in a monopolized (even though our country tries to deny it), greedy country, but it could be a good thing.

Oh, and FFS, people who are calling out specific political parties, you need to stop being ignorant. People who are for/against this movement are in every single party. Someone who voted for Trump didn't vote for this. Someone who is against him didn't vote for this. This is an incredibly mixed view/argument. Get off whatever party you follow's bandwagon Facebook page propaganda and learn about what your party actually stands for. None of them default your beliefs in line with or against Net Neutraility. #BasicHighschoolEducation #MaybeImJustSensible

And let's not forget the most important side of all of this... WoW will probably stay $15/mo. If it increases, it will simply be due to the fact that with inflation over the years, WoW has maintained a price that techincally becomes less and less each year. I'd pay up to $25/mo simply because how easy it was to get $15 when the game first came out, it's more or less just as easy to do the same thing and now get $25 instead of $15. Just as I wouldn't object to games going up to about $100 if they cut out their stupid micro transactions.