Page 32 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Indeed. In most of the US, choices are limited, and often sub par compared to non-US ISP's. And I honestly do not believe repealing net neutrality will make any improvements.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, the people's vote didn't aim this way. The politicians chose this, not the people.
    "The people" should have seen this comming a mile away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    This won't hold. Ajit Pai and his cronies may think they're going to get out of this, but I think they may have started something they will not be able to simply brush off.
    I'm honestly hoping that Pai gets harassed to the point of having to retire from public life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Normal people aren't happy. Trumpets and those kind of people uses other people's suffering to heal their own fucked up lives. I'm sure they're overall happy, even though 4chan will require a special subscription from now on.
    Most of Trumps voters were "normal" people though. Where they not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    So which ISP blinks first and starts the censoring/throttling/limiting of services?
    comcast is already off to the races.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

This won't hold. Ajit Pai and his cronies may think they're going to get out of this, but I think they may have started something they will not be able to simply brush off.
    Unless republicans in congress magically start going against NN all of a sudden, it is doomed until they lose control of the senate, house, and presidency.

YESSS in trumps attempt to reverse anything obama related, even though the rules existed long before obama, he doomed the alt right. Comcast will start shutting down alt right and conspiracy websites on their discretion, i hope, because they are part of the establishment, and dont want to kill off 30% of their market because of this unproven race theory the alt right pushes, SHuUUUUUUUT IT DOOOOOWN lets go comcast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    "The people" should have seen this comming a mile away.
    We saw a lot of things coming. Which is why the majority of the US didn't vote for Trump or his administration. The most of us didn't want this. But the politicians decided for us. We have 0 power.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    ajit pai is one of those people in life who have no morals or ethics of their own and only worship money. if someone pays them enough he will shill for whoever pays him enough. the current government is filled with those types of people in positions of power.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    YESSS in trumps attempt to reverse anything obama related, even though the rules existed long before obama, he doomed the alt right. Comcast will start shutting down alt right and conspiracy websites on their discretion, i hope, because they are part of the establishment, and dont want to kill off 30% of their market because of this unproven race theory the alt right pushes, SHuUUUUUUUT IT DOOOOOWN lets go comcast.
    Depends who offers them the most "Investment" into their companies. With them being unchained, their decisions can easily be sold to the highest bidder.

Back to the days before 26 February 2015 when only corporate oligarchs had internet access, oh wait, that's not right at all. Seriously guys, you need way more drama in your lives. This is a tempest in a teapot if I ever saw one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    https://twitter.com/TheAnonJournal/s...91171649265664

Surprise (not), a lot of states will take this matter to court.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    ajit pai is one of those people in life who have no morals or ethics of their own and only worship money. if someone pays them enough he will shill for whoever pays him enough. the current government is filled with those types of people in positions of power.
    ^ What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Unless republicans in congress magically start going against NN all of a sudden, it is doomed until they lose control of the senate, house, and presidency.
    If the provision that ban states from enabling net neutrality gets thrown out in court then net neutrality will survive in blue states.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    Back to the days before 26 February 2015 when only corporate oligarchs had internet access, oh wait, that's not right at all. Seriously guys, you need way more drama in your lives. This is a tempest in a teapot if I ever saw one.
    enjoy that throttling. btw most jobs now require an internet connection to apply for. unless your willing to either work under the table or for an unstable small business that may or may not be around in 5-10 years and may or may not pay a livable wage. so this is a double whammy for those looking for employment.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2017-12-14 at 08:19 PM.

Congrats Trump voters. Way to drain the swamp.

Deleted
    what happened to draining the swamp?

10+ Year Old Account
    You do understand the reason NN was implemented right? It is because ISP's were throttling access speed to content.

That is the thing those in support of this repeal are missing. There is a perfectly good reason it was put in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    We saw a lot of things coming. Which is why the majority of the US didn't vote for Trump or his administration. The most of us didn't want this. But the politicians decided for us. We have 0 power.
    You do not have "zero power".
    You're just not using it right.

enjoy that throttling.
    Please elaborate.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I was and continue to remain entirely ignorant of current affairs, especially of the actions of various ISPs in the lead up to the 2015 regulation that necessitated it in the first place."

Alternatively:

"It's not bad because things aren't happening immediately because I don't care about the future."
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.