7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Maybe you didn't like Rogue One because it didn't have Porgs in it?

Btw Jar Jar Abrams is directing the next one...enjoy..
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2527338/
    Why is anybody willing to let this shithead (joke intended) direct any film after what he did to ST and now SW?

7+ Year Old Account
    Watched the movie a few hours ago and i kinda torn on how to rate it. I did enjoy the movie, but it does have its fair share of bad bits

I really liked kylo ren's role and his interactions with rey, as well as his background on how it seemed the luke tried to kill him. But he sure does let his emotions get the better of him. I also really liked the ending, where we only have rey and kylo left as force users. It got me speculating on how/when the next movie will take place. Will both Rey and kylo worked their way to the level of a master/sith lord and have their apprentices or have created their own order?

Also, kylo killing snoke was amazing. Loved that bit. I just wish we got more backstory to snoke

Leia force pulling herself back to the ship, like holy bum nuggets. What the hell. That scene alone has got to be the worst thing that has ever been done in star wars. I have actually started thinking the prequels were quite good after that scene.

I understand the necessity of Finn's story line, but i really felt that it was subpar. Not just that, but captain phasma is beyond boring.The character does nothing and only gets her ass kicked. The only positive is the one and one vs finn, that was sadly the closest we got to a lightsaber battle

Quote Originally Posted by Dyluck View Post

The only positive is the one and one vs finn, that was sadly the closest we got to a lightsaber battle
    So there is no real 1vs1 lightsaber battle in this movie?

10+ Year Old Account
    I utterly hate what they did with Phasma.

Here you had the potential for an interesting, powerful female villain. Instead she's a nothing character who becomes the butt of a lame joke in VII. They threw all their eggs into one female basket with Rey and made a really uninspiring Mary Sue in the process.

Then here she's a suddenly appearance villain who gets one half assed action sequence before petty death (dear god I hope she isn't dead and yet again finds a way to escape so she can swear vengeance and come back Vadered up and somewhat mentally unhinged, but make her dangerous for fucks sakes, Gwendoline Christie deserves better)

This is made MORE infuriating by the fact they attempted a new female character who may well be the Lisa Simpson of the Star Wars universe, and not in a good way, but that irritating, preachy "Why are you ruining other people's moment" way. Nothing against Kelly Marie Tran as an actress, but her character is the most pointless, obnoxious and useless in that you could do the movie without her for zero impact, since Jar Jar. There is nothing so unique to her character that it couldn't have been a member of the existing cast.

Ohhhh, speaking of petty deaths, while you lot are on about THAT Leia scene. RIP Admiral Ackbar. Killed by a nameless TIE pilot.

As to the "How did you find Rogue One better?" crowd. The threat felt real from the antagonists, like they were able to achieve something. Here they only seem to be effective through protagonist incompetence.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2017-12-14 at 10:34 PM.

I'm more conflicted about how to rate this than Kylo Ren in The Force Awakens.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I for one am at least really happy about Rey's parents. i noticed in the first movie they tried to hint that she was a Skywalker when Luke's saber first called to Anakin, then Luke, and now her. It felt so cliché. So the reveal that she's actually a nobody, from nowhere... That just pleases me somehow. She doesn't have to be this super significant person with a super significant destiny from some particular blood line.
    Being a nobody with Mary Sue powers is worse than being a Mary Sue whose powers at least make sense as the daughter of legendary Force users.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is that they made us ask questions after watching TFA, non really got a satisfying answear. Some things were surprising and I kinda enjoyed it, even if those things kinda annoyed me. It is not a bad movie, but it is also not good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelato View Post
    So there is no real 1vs1 lightsaber battle in this movie?
    Since you asked; No, no lazor swords touched eachother during the making of this movie.

The new films feel like they exist to murder every single character from the old ones we like, and replace them with unlikable nobodies.

I have read the spoilers as I know I won’t have free time to see the movie anytime soon and I am a pretty big fan. I am pretty disappointed with the lack of story for Snoke, and it seems he dies pretty insignificantly after a mysterious buildup. In the previous trilogies the Sith/Jedi are generally stronger when training under someone powerful. The fact that it appears Snoke was a nobody after being ran over by someone just last movie who was barely trained is disappointing. I was hoping he would be some Elder Jedi/Sith or someone like Plagiues or something along those lines. The fact Kylo is the big bad now is disappointing as he seemed rather wimpy last movie. Hopefully they go into more information about snoke in episode 9 or he’s not really dead or something.

And the fact Luke dies in the way he does disappoints me. He was arguably one of the stronger Jedi in the story and he gets beat by Kylo while projecting himself seems a rather lame ending for someone so central to SWs. Obviously I haven’t seen the movie but unless he just lets Kylo kill him because he can’t bring himself to hurt Kylo I will be disappointed. The fact only Rey and Kylo are left makes it feel very, amateur, but I guess I’ll try to hold off to much judgement until I actually see it.

I would also like to say I loved Reys parentage

Not every character needs to be the son or daughter of a legendary hero in the past, all of these "Rey must be a Skywalker, and Finn must be a Calrissian" posts were doing my head in
    Appreciate we are getting a new story instead of "I am your father 2.0"

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Let's hope that title is a work in progress. It's too cheesy.
    ding ding ding ding!
    We have a winner!

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Being a nobody with Mary Sue powers is worse than being a Mary Sue whose powers at least make sense as the daughter of legendary Force users.
    Exactly, this 100%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    The new films feel like they exist to murder every single character from the old ones we like, and replace them with unlikable nobodies.
    Sad but true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforge1 View Post
    I would also like to say I loved Reys parentage

Not every character needs to be the son or daughter of a legendary hero in the past, all of these "Rey must be a Skywalker, and Finn must be a Calrissian" posts were doing my head in
    Appreciate we are getting a new story instead of "I am your father 2.0"
    The problem is between the Skywalker saber calling out to her and the fact that they built this big mystery about her past, finding out that her parents were nobodies is anti climactic

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Still a lot better than those prequels. But I still manage to find my self watching them every few years or so...
    Prequels are alot better than Force Awakens and Last Jedi, they are just rehased version of New Hope and Empire strikes back (seriously, they are not even trying to hide it).

By trailer of Last Jedi alone, shows the scene of Battle of Hoth...oh wait, thats wrong part of the movie. Wait, same thing! Let me guess, First Order attack the Resistance base, and after Resistance defending valiantly, they have to flee the planet while being attacked by First Order? Gee its oozing with Battle of Hoth scenes. Except not snow, but sand-ish?

Spoiler Alert: Star Wars Episode 9: Return of the Je--I mean <insert title name>.......

I did not watch Last Jedi yet, but I kinda feel how it is, by trailer alone, cant lie, I would like to watch the space battles.

While this point remains to be adresed, I would daresay that Rey force abilities are not random because of the Force bond with Ren

Several explanations that come to my mind , using the KOTOR/KOTOR II games as a reference (the ones that used the most Force bonds)

1)Like the Exile in KOTOR II, Rey came in contact of Ren at a critical point and meagre Force powers became impressive not because of any innate talent but for being a wound in the Force-a gap that ''steal'' the Force powers of others (this is a fairly elaborate plot device to explain why the Exile in KOTOR II starts as Jedi general of tremendous skill and become even more powerful across the game-she is not leveling up, she is a Force vampire) . Rey grow more powerful in presence of Jedis because of that skill

2) Less esoterically, Rey is a Force user of middling capacity that Luke judged ''defective'' and that Captain Contrarian took a liking because of this.

Of course, what does not help is that ''Force bond'' was never really defined, short of being a convenient game mechanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    I did not watch Last Jedi yet, but I kinda feel how it is, by trailer alone, cant lie, I would like to watch the space battles.
    Seriously, Last Jedi is NOTHING like Empire. The only similarity is that they're both Star Wars films.

Just got back from seeing the Last Jedi and loved it. visually stunning, great story, powerhouse perfomances by Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher.

My only real complaint is that Snoke went down like such a little bitch. After him so easily overpowering both Kylo and Rey, to get backstabbed like that seemed... Underwhelming.

Other than that, I really loved the film and felt that the grand reveal of Rey's parentage was spot on. Anything else would have been boring and cliché
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Other than that, I really loved the film and felt that the grand reveal of Rey's parentage was spot on. Anything else would have been boring and cliché
    So instead we got boring and anti climactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Seriously, Last Jedi is NOTHING like Empire. The only similarity is that they're both Star Wars films.

Just got back from seeing the Last Jedi and loved it. visually stunning, great story, powerhouse perfomances by Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher.

My only real complaint is that Snoke went down like such a little bitch. After him so easily overpowering both Kylo and Rey, to get backstabbed like that seemed... Underwhelming.

It's walkers vs entrenched troops ina white environment, so of course they are exactly the same. *sarcasm*

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    It's walkers vs entrenched troops ina white environment, so of course they are exactly the same. *sarcasm*
    Where the rebels end up getting over run and are forced to flee for their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Where the rebels end up getting over run and are forced to flee for their lives.
    So? Those are extremly basic elements of storytelling. By this reasoning 'The Empire Strikes back' and 'The Return of the King' are the same Movie, too, because they start with a few 'good' guys defending against impossible odds vs a dark Empire, that result in a desperate run for their lives. If you strip it down like this, every single Marvel Movie is an exact copy of the first ones. Hero character is established, hero character faces crisis, hero character overcomes crisis and learns a valuable lesson, hero defeats villain without any substantial loss.