Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I really hope they don't cut off Deadpool's balls, although I'm hopefully Disney recognizes that that franchise is a gold mine and doesn't touch it.
    I doubt they will since Iger already said it will stay R-Rated and they might do more, but need to alert audiences prior to it.

Iam glad that this means that Deadpool and Xmen can join the MCU but it also means does the sucess of Logan and Deadpools R rated mean that these will be disneyfied and made into PG-13 if so then iam gonna be fucking mad!

Deadpool needs to stay a R rated franchise not a fucking PG-13 with toned down language and violence!

Quote Originally Posted by kjhidhg View Post
    Iam glad that this means that Deadpool and Xmen can join the MCU but it also means does the sucess of Logan and Deadpools R rated mean that these will be disneyfied and made into PG-13 if so then iam gonna be fucking mad!

Deadpool needs to stay a R rated franchise not a fucking PG-13 with toned down language and violence!
    If you read the above posts/articles it says it will stay Rated R with possibility of more later on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhidhg View Post

Disney puts out R material, just not under the Disney name. Chances of Deadpool doing anything but a cameo is slim.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Disney puts out R material, just not under the Disney name. Chances of Deadpool doing anything but a cameo is slim.
    Actually they could fit Deadpool in the MCU pretty well and have him censor himself during his spots as it would be something Deadpool would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If you read the above posts/articles it says it will stay Rated R with possibility of more later on.
    Yeah i noticed that just after i posted and i hope they do stick to it.

TBH though Deadpool could get away with a PG-13 rating but its USP is its R rating and even if they come out with a really great story and its funny that PG-13 could be a massive albatross around its neck cause everyone will cynically say 'Oh its been Disneyfied fuck this shit i aint watching'

Anyway iam glad Deadpool and Xmen are joining the MCU and i really hope we get the Tony Stark/Deadpool cross over cause boy would that be worth the price of admission alone!

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually they could fit Deadpool in the MCU pretty well and have him censor himself during his spots as it would be something Deadpool would do.
    My biggest issue with DP is that he'd either end up stealing whatever movie he is in.

As soon as he breaks the 4th wall in someone elses movie that movie is now his.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I think they'll remove the inhumans from the mcu by way of time shenanigans in the AoS show. Then, they'll use the space to introduce mutants.

Here's an updated picture of what Marvel has rights to/distribution rights too. The Sony Pictures area I think is still debateable. So far we only know those for sure used in Homecoming.

I'm still not sure why Universal just doesn't sell off it's rights. It's not making a movie anytime soon and it's just sitting there. At least by selling it they could get some money out of it. Maybe they'll set their sights on that soon and getting Spiderman and X-Men rights back first were bigger priority, which makes sense.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2017-12-15 at 01:20 AM.

So Marvel owns Spider Man but basically none of his traditional enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    So Marvel owns Spider Man but basically none of his traditional enemies.
    They own the right to use him. It's still unsure if they own the villians as well or not since the details on the deal aren't fully disclosed. We know Vulture is for sure allowed due to homecoming and Shocker as well (I guess he's in homecoming still haven't watched it ) As time goes on we'll know more and more on what they did for sure get, but I don't think there's much public information on it.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/12/...arvel-fox-mcu/

The creator of Deadpool Rob Liefeld speaks out about the merger who from what I hear is pretty vocal about how people use Deadpool

[Disney CEO] Bob Iger didn’t deliver this unprecedented level of historic success for Disney by accident. This man gets it. He understands the culture and more importantly he understands the concerns of the fans. Addressing the Deadpool issue right out of the gate gets high marks and in all honesty, why would they mess with the success that Ryan Reynolds has achieved as Deadpool? The next person I encounter that tells me they want a neutered version of Ryan’s Deadpool will be the first person to express that to me. So smart of Iger to lay that foundation of trust and I for one am so appreciative. It definitely alleviated a concerned Deadpool base.
    I can’t wait to see how Deadpool will eventually be inserted into the greater Marvel Pantheon. I’m sure Bob Iger and Kevin Feige have some great tricks up their sleeves. Exciting times!
    He seems to feel like that Disney will handle Deadpool well despite being "family friendly". Especially since one of Iger's initial comments on the whole situation was addressing Deadpool. At least people that are in charge of this stuff seem to know what people actually want instead of assuming what they want like some studios.

I'm just curious to see to see what other R-Rated heroes they want to produce since Iger seems to be hinting in that direction with Deadpool being their bigger ones. Maybe we'll get a R-Rated version of Moon Knight, Ghost Rider movies as those are the ones that could be grittier and benefit from the rating. Would suggest Punisher, but they may stick with the show. Blade's another one that might possibly benefit from the R rating, but not 100% sure since I don't know a lot about him.

I have never been this happy at the news of a corporate merger.

Here's an updated picture of what Marvel has rights to/distribution rights too. The Sony Pictures area I think is still debateable. So far we only know those for sure used in Homecoming.

I'm still not sure why Universal just doesn't sell off it's rights. It's not making a movie anytime soon and it's just sitting there. At least by selling it they could get some money out of it. Maybe they'll set their sights on that soon and getting Spiderman and X-Men rights back first were bigger priority, which makes sense.
    How the fuck did Universal wind up with She-Hulk and... half of Namor?

They own the right to use him. It's still unsure if they own the villians as well or not since the details on the deal aren't fully disclosed. We know Vulture is for sure allowed due to homecoming and Shocker as well (I guess he's in homecoming still haven't watched it ) As time goes on we'll know more and more on what they did for sure get, but I don't think there's much public information on it.
    Two characters use the "Shocker" moniker... sort of... in that film. Checking the wiki they are both using the civilian names of two versions of the Shocker, but honestly they aren't really the Shocker and it's more homage than anything.

I recommend Homecoming, it's a good popcorn flick if nothing else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    2) Quicksilver, is he dead or alive? I thought Peter Evans Quicksilver was a real bright spot in the later X-Men movies. Because Wanda already exists he is probably going to end up dead.
    My dream: the MCU does some kind of "House of M" storyline where Scarlet Witch winds up bringing mutants retroactively into their universe, and now the Evans Quicksilver and Olsen Scarlet Witch are brother and sister. Best of both worlds?

Also a good opportunity to clean up their crummy backstory from Age of Ultron.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    Also also: Radioactive Man can now join the MCU!
    But he was always there, he's a Thor villain :P

- - - Updated - - -

So Disney owns everything now?
    Sony gets to visit the kids on the weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

It sorta depresses me the only thread talking at all about this merger is this one, because the whole "Fantastic Four and X-Men in the MCU" thing is pretty insignificant compared to the other repercussions of the merger. But we shall see what the future will bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    It sorta depresses me the only thread talking at all about this merger is this one, because the whole "Fantastic Four and X-Men in the MCU" thing is pretty insignificant compared to the other repercussions of the merger. But we shall see what the future will bring.
    I mean, Disney's not stupid. Everyone thought Pixar would suck after Disney bought them; they don't. Everyone thought Star Wars would suck after Disney bought them; they don't (by a longshot). There's really nothing to fear from this, outside of potentially losing your regional sports network if Disney shuts it down (although I think it's more likely they simply rebrand them ESPN).
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

He seems to feel like that Disney will handle Deadpool well despite being "family friendly". Especially since one of Iger's initial comments on the whole situation was addressing Deadpool. At least people that are in charge of this stuff seem to know what people actually want instead of assuming what they want like some studios.

I'm just curious to see to see what other R-Rated heroes they want to produce since Iger seems to be hinting in that direction with Deadpool being their bigger ones. Maybe we'll get a R-Rated version of Moon Knight, Ghost Rider movies as those are the ones that could be grittier and benefit from the rating. Would suggest Punisher, but they may stick with the show. Blade's another one that might possibly benefit from the R rating, but not 100% sure since I don't know a lot about him.
    All good news, and I'm likely curious to see what properties they explore in R-rated territory.

I've got to say though, I don't really get why people are so worried about Deadpool losing "rated R status". They are after all Marvel Studio movies, not Walt Disney Pictures movies. Disney the company has made and will continue to make rated R movies, just not ones that start with the Magic Castle logo. Check out all the production companies they own: http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Categor...uction_studios

I feel like people forget that Disney the company and Walt Disney Pictures are not the exact same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    52 billion jesus.....

I look forward to the day when we only have 3 companies in the world left,

Disney, Amazon and Comcast
    you have to remember this is a HUGE deal. yes, x-men deadpool blah blah blah but alot of people dont realize this is other stuff as well. they bought a whole media company.

disney now owns the fucking simpsons

- - - Updated - - -

um, no.

deadpool has shown up in plenty of pg13 and even pg material and been fine. his solo series will be rated r but deadpool has shown up in fucking spider-man and it still feels like deadpool, hes been on the avengers, hes done plenty of non solo non r rated stuff

he doesnt have to drop f bombs to stay himself. hes also one of the ONLY fox owned characters that they consistently promoted despite not having his rights. they love deadpool.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah. for comic book films its great, for everything else this merger is AWFUL. it is going to damage the film and entertainment industry hugely. were talking probably millions of jobs being lost in this merger.

disney cant make all the movies and all the ips. were going to lose alot of stuff and careers and lives are going to be lost because of this merger.

i really really wish they couldve just bought their properties back and fox kept on going
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    and lives are going to be lost because of this merger.
    Wait what? Is Disney gonna start executing the Fox execs or something?

Also, curious how you figure "millions" of jobs are gonna be lost. A few of the higher tier people will likely be redundant, but the majority of people aren't gonna be affected. It's like if McDonalds bought Burger King or something. The Burger King CEO might lose his job, and maybe the people on the board of directors or whatever, but McDonalds is still gonna need people to run those stores, so the cooks, the cashiers, the store managers....they aren't going anywhere. So unless you figure Disney spent 52 BILLION dollars just to close down a bunch of Fox properties...I think your predictions of doom and gloom are a bit premature.

This is literately a thread about the MCU so yeah its pretty awesome. There is probably a better topic to delve into the politics of mergers in general.

Missed this earlier - but Marvel movies aren't put out under the Disney name either.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah. for comic book films its great, for everything else this merger is AWFUL. it is going to damage the film and entertainment industry hugely. were talking probably millions of jobs being lost in this merger.

disney cant make all the movies and all the ips. were going to lose alot of stuff and careers and lives are going to be lost because of this merger.

i really really wish they couldve just bought their properties back and fox kept on going
    They did not really care too much about the comic book stuff, they mostly wanted stuff for their Disneyflix or whatever they were going to call it.