Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

iMac Pro costs 12k [R.I.P]

fully specced.
    Last edited by mmoc7fb092cc6c; 2017-12-15 at 01:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I blame brexit! Or just don't buy one...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks to me like you boosted the specs all to max in order to mislead people into thinking that's cost of an entry level machine. iMac Pro, in fact, does not cost 12k. It can cost that much, which is a lot different.

I mean that 4TB SSD is a couple grand all on its own, and 18 cores? Really? Also, don't buy it if you care so much.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2017-12-15 at 01:16 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Apple is digging it's own grave.

Let them.

It's good for the consumer as competitors know it and will start doing more compelling things to win over their demographic.

10+ Year Old Account
    In before apple fans perfectly willing to dispense that amoint of money because Apple

Weird that you felt the need to boost every customization to its maximum, including a 4 TB SSD and an 18 core processor, to try to make this point, but OK.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Looks to me like you boosted the specs all to max in order to mislead people into thinking that's cost of an entry level machine.

Also, don't buy it if you care so much.
    Well to be fair the entry level is still $5k and isn't as good as my Ryzen build for video editing and i paid less than $2k to build that.

Deleted
    Looks to me like you boosted the specs all to max in order to mislead people into thinking that's cost of an entry level machine. iMac Pro, in fact, does not cost 12k. It can cost that much, which is a lot different.

I mean that 4TB SSD is a couple grand all on its own, and 18 cores? Really? Also, don't buy it if you care so much.
    nah i didint

Infracted for trolling.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2017-12-15 at 04:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Well to be fair the entry level is still $5k and isn't as good as my Ryzen build for video editing.
    Which is fine and Apple products are overpriced - I totally agree. What's horseshit is the blatant way the OP is being misleading for shock value.

It's like saying a new Challenger costs $110,000+ when it really costs $31,000+ for the base model and only the Demon and Hellcat models cost over $75,000.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AQ40 View Post
    nah i didint
    Yeah, you really did. They don't come baseline with a 4TB SSD and 18 cores.

https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/buy-mac/imac-pro

Lying makes you look deceptive. Getting caught in a lie and still arguing makes you look stupid.

Deleted
    t
    Which is fine and Apple products are overpriced - I totally agree. What's horseshit is the blatant way the OP is being misleading for shock value.

It's like saying a new Challenger costs $110,000+ when it really costs $31,000+ for the base model and only the Demon and Hellcat models cost over $75,000.

- - - Updated - - -

keep up with your meaningless assumptions
    Its pretty safe to say that by the picture, it is fully specced.
    Last edited by mmoc7fb092cc6c; 2017-12-15 at 01:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    keep up with your meaningless assumptions
    Enjoy your forum vacation.

https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/buy-mac/imac-pro

- - - Updated - - -

The only people that will end up with the full size model are the super rich, Places that will use them as tax write offs and and the big YouTube pawns that do apples bidding that apple will "gift" them too to help sell them , Im looking at your Marques Brownlee
    Last edited by Moozart; 2017-12-15 at 01:25 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    >puts in 4tb SSD
    >"Waaahhhh apple is so spensive!"

That's not a consumer-grade computer.
    Pretty much you are missing the point. I fully specced it to see the full price and share it, to see reactions to the price.

10+ Year Old Account
    >puts in 4tb SSD

Don't forget the 18 cores, 128GB RAM, 16GB Vega 64, preloaded software and peripherals he added to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Well to be fair the entry level is still $5k and isn't as good as my Ryzen build for video editing and i paid less than $2k to build that.
    Add 2200$ to the cost of your Ryzen build, straight up. Because that is what LG and Dell charge for the 5K panel standalone. Now how are we doing? You put ECC RAM in your Ryzen build? (Oh, no, you cant...). 32GBs of (ECC) RAM?

10-gigabit Ethernet on your rig? 1TB PCIe SSD? Thunderbolt 3? (Much less 3 sets of lanes?)

Im also puzzled as to how you think an 8-core Ryzen is “better” than an 8-core Xeon. At best, theyll do about as well as each other. More likely the Xeon will beat the Ryzen by a small margin.

Sooo... yeah.

nah i didint
    Yeah, you did. Also not sure what the “RIP” nonsense is about. If i order a workstation from Sun or HP or Dell with these specs, including the 5K display, itll cost just as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Nah, they're not digging a grave. Just selling their products to the same people as always: Those with more money than sense.
    Ill go ahead and wait while you head over to Dell or HPs workstation sites and spec out an equivalent rig, and then realize they cost just as much (that display, alone, is 2200$ fromLG and Dell, the only two manufscturers that use that 5k panel).

>puts in 4tb SSD

Yeah, it's a graphics workstation designed for VR and CAD with custom silicon, maxed out storage, video, and cores.
    Even as a scientific app developer that's not appropriate for me.

This whole thread is bait.

Deleted
    Don't forget the 18 cores, 128GB RAM, 16GB Vega 64, preloaded software and peripherals he added to it.
    Well, you came here with a false assumption, that I am trying to mislead with the price. Nope, that was not the nature of this thread, so please go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you came here with a false assumption, that I am trying to mislead with the price. Nope, that was not the nature of this thread, so please go away.
    Looks like your clever plan backfired since all you're getting is reactions to your baity thread title.

I think I'll stay and watch you flounder. PS: We can see that you edited your OP bud.

You know we can see that you edited your OP, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Add 2200$ to the cost of your Ryzen build, straight up. Because that is what LG and Dell charge for the 5K panel standalone. Now how are we doing? You put ECC RAM in your Ryzen build? (Oh, no, you cant...). 32GBs of (ECC) RAM?

10-gigabit Ethernet on your rig? 1TB PCIe SSD? Thunderbolt 3? (Much less 3 sets of lanes?)

Im also puzzled as to how you think an 8-core Ryzen is “better” than an 8-core Xeon. At best, theyll do about as well as each other. More likely the Xeon will beat the Ryzen by a small margin.

Sooo... yeah.

Yeah, you did. Also not sure what the “RIP” nonsense is about. If i order a workstation from Sun or HP or Dell with these specs, including the 5K display, itll cost just as much.

Ill go ahead and wait while you head over to Dell or HPs workstation sites and spec out an equivalent rig, and then realize they cost just as much (that display, alone, is 2200$ fromLG and Dell, the only two manufscturers that use that 5k panel).
    None sense.