Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They're "listening" because all the media attention they're getting
    Indeed....but one has to question whether they are pulling a play out of EA's playbook like you said because no publicity is bad publicity. Rift and Trion are irrelevant in the gaming landscape right now, so getting a Jimquisition video is the best advertising they've had in like....since they launched actually.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Indeed....but one has to question whether they are pulling a play out of EA's playbook like you said because no publicity is bad publicity. Rift and Trion are irrelevant in the gaming landscape right now, so getting a Jimquisition video is the best advertising they've had in like....since they launched actually.
    Yeah but it's the kind of publicity you don't want.

"Hey this game introduced P2W caches, removed them and introduced a RNG lootbox for 100 dollars that only has 1 of a possible 42 mount".

Not exactly the kind of thing that shines them in a good light here. Hell from what I've seen it's already driving longtime players away.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdaemon View Post
    inb4 shrills going you don't have to buy anything!
    You insulting people by calling them "shrills" doesn't make it less true.
    Do the mounts in the crate have more movement speed than the others and is that extra movement speed mandatory to do content?
    If either of those is "no", then it doesn't matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Oh Rift, how much have you fallen, to think you were the only MMO were i actually bought gold from a site
    The fact that you felt the need to buy gold from a website kinda shows where it was going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Neither does your comment, which has brought nothing to this discussion.

Don't post if you have nothing to contribute please.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah but it's the kind of publicity you don't want.

"Hey this game introduced P2W caches, removed them and introduced a RNG lootbox for 100 dollars that only has 1 of a possible 42 mount".

Not exactly the kind of thing that shines them in a good light here. Hell from what I've seen it's already driving longtime players away.
    Yeah, but likely long time players who don't really buy anything. If it get's a couple thousand people to download just their launcher to see what all this fuss is about, they've won b/c odds are like 10% of them will spend money and it's revenue they never would have had. You can't really go wrong in this horrible environment post EA BF2.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Yeah, but likely long time players who don't really buy anything. If it get's a couple thousand people to download just their launcher to see what all this fuss is about, they've won b/c odds are like 10% of them will spend money and it's revenue they never would have had. You can't really go wrong in this horrible environment post EA BF2.
    Whut? Most people that consider themselves raiders have patron and regularly buy things like tablets and IRC. Even if it's through a credit seller, it's still driving a microtransaction and making a purchase that wouldn't have occurred otherwise. I personally drove the equivalent of like an average of $500 of transactions a year, either through actually buying things with my own money or through sellers.

Rift is like a 22 GB download (like many other MMOs), so playing even without the intent of paying isn't a trivial decision.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rift/commen...s_mount_crate/

Alright time to dissect pieces of this.

We want our name to be synonymous with high-quality, fun, and engaging game worlds.
    The only half decent world they have is Trove. Defiance, Devillian, Archeage and Atlas Reactor are literally nonexistant in terms of players anymore. And yes I know you only publish two of those but it's still related to the company. And well Rift isn't exactly doing stellar these days either.

We’re trying to figure out the best ways to do this in a way that makes sense for RIFT, Trion Worlds as a whole, and our players.
    Well technically they did since that's the kind of shady stuff Trion is known for going on 3 years now. I don't understand what there is to figure out though? The simple answer is DON'T PULL THAT KIND OF GARBAGE AGAIN.

Everyone who works here is in this for the love of games, our players, and the gaming industry, but we absolutely acknowledge that we have more work to do to prove this to you.
    Yeah no I don't buy that. I imagine one big reason is a stable paycheck. Sorry but with the quality of 5/6 Trion related games I don't see the love or anything done "for the players or the gaming industry".
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-12-15 at 01:04 AM.

Well technically they did since that's the kind of shady stuff Trion is known for going on 3 years now. I don't understand what there is to figure out though? The simple answer is DON'T PULL THAT KIND OF GARBAGE AGAIN.
    But this WAS the again scenario, did people forget they already did this with defiance a few years back?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvator View Post
    Never played rift and never will, but this is the highest single prized item I have seen so far in a game - though I heard that a certain shooter has even more ridiculous real money items to gain.

Nonetheless, I guess as long as it does not influence the gameplay or balance it is kind of fine. My bet would be that more and more games would adapt something like this if it proves to be a success for others.
    Didn't PoE have a $1000 item that you could actually help design and customize and get added to the game when it first came out? I think that's the highest priced thing I have ever seen.

That said, $100 for a RANDOM mount is absolutely absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    You insulting people by calling them "shrills" doesn't make it less true.
    Do the mounts in the crate have more movement speed than the others and is that extra movement speed mandatory to do content?

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that you felt the need to buy gold from a website kinda shows where it was going.
    I did it when Rift was still new ( storm legion ) the fucking mounts were overpiced ( specially the 180% or it was the 150% version ) and i was bad at the AH

- - - Updated - - -

Am I in a parallel universe or something? Trion are listening.

Although two times in a row they've done this shady thing for a large amount of money so.....
    Try enough times and maybe once people wont give a fuck

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    You're conflating two totally different items here. A mount and soul packs are not the same. Those are fair prices for soul packs, glad they're doing it, they should probably charge more for the pack since they seem to need the cash so badly.
    Its a fair comparison. They are both items you can purchase in-game separately. The difference is the other pack you're not bitching about. The mount pack (whether you can afford it or not) is the pack you're bitching about. Why should what other people spend their money on matter to you? Why is it when you have the same access to something that you don't want (or can't afford or whatever your reason is) you have to bitch about it and demand Trion take it down? All you're doing is making yourself (and all the other guys in here bitching about this pack and the $250 pack) look like is someone who is jealous that someone else can buy something that you can't. Did your mommy demand a participation trophy every time you did sports as a child?

Doesn't change the fact that they're still selling an RNG $100 mount pack that only rewards one mount. Tell you what, there's an easy way to settle if this is a good idea or not. Go to the official WoW forums and suggest that Blizzard follows suite and have them sell an RNG $100 mount pack, just see what kind of feedback you get. As far as laying off of them for bad decisions, no. I'm not going to give them an inch of wiggle room. The game is in a dire state and the team needs people to be firm with them about the game. Not some whiny child who's trying to protect Trion from the big bad forum trolls. Again, I explained all of this in my other reply to you.
    1. My WoW account is not active right now.
    2. Blizzard has set amounts they charge for their real money mounts (and pets) which is just a few. Blizzard requires you to have faction to purchase other mounts in the game with the exception of the Alliance motercycle for 100k. What you are suggesting would literally bypass every single reputation requirement for mounts in the game. A human wanting to purchase a saber cat from the Night Elves has to be exalted to purchase it. Other non-playable race mounts usually require exalted with a specific faction to purchase. How many of those mounts in this crate have reputation locks behind them? Apples & oranges.

You're half right, the companies do have the right to determine the value of their products. The other half you seem to be blatantly missing is that these items value are determined by the community who is willing or not willing to pay for them.
    Actually you're wrong. Just because the player base or community determines they are not willing to pay a specific amount for an item doesn't mean the company HAS TO lower it or remove it. The company is 100% able to continue to sell the item for whatever price they want. Nobody dictates how much they HAVE TO sell something for. If they want to sell some mount that has a 10% speed increase for $150000, there's nothing stopping them. Doesn't mean you have to buy it. Oh wait, am I repeating myself about nobody forcing you to buy something you don't feel is worth it or don't want? Well crap, now I feel silly. Damn I really need to get this record fixed because it sure sounds broken.

Again though, soul packs are not mount RNG boxes. If you were actually making an honest argument you wouldn't trying to draw the equivalence.
    Both are items being (or both were being sold until Trion listened to you whiney former/boycotting players and yanked it off the store) sold in the store for money in a pack. One is 1/4 of the value of the individual pieces put together. The other has a random item that is sellable on the action house but also gives you loyalty for purchasing it but has been deemed "too high" by you and others bitching on the forums (and by self proclaimed FORMER players including ones in this very thread that have stated they even uninstalled the game with no plans on reinstalling it).

Okay? Relevant how again sweetie? Not RNG mount boxes, still getting irl items, still getting to design the game. Not that I particularly think those packages are worth it either. Again, you don't have a leg to stand on so you're drawing false equivalencies.
    Oh then I should compare it to the other crate you guys are bitching about being on the market for $250 then right?

You mean, this package? where you're getting more than just an RNG mount box? I mean, looking at that alone I'm seeing a ton of things you're getting along side direct access to the dev team and creating your own little caste in the game, not to mention the several IRL items too. Another illegitimate comparison.
    Um not sure what you're looking at since it didn't link anything besides the whole store but none of the castle packs they offer (including the one for $7000) comes with direct access to the dev team. They come with building blocks for you to design your own. Sorry sweetie, try again.

Again, as I told Slipmat, the ships are far too expensive. It's another game I will not touch because of poor monetization practices. Of course the difference is here, as I highlighted before, their community considers that to be fair value. Not the same in this community.
    So another game that offers something that gives the purchaser an advantage (in this case ships that will always be replaced if destroyed or stolen which can happen to other ships in-game) is ok but Rift is not allowed to do such a thing? I'll paste this just in case you didn't read the link Slipmat provided. The ships sold cost up to $250,000 US and was not the first time the company Cloud Imperium Games had done it either. The second set of ships that went for 25% more than the first set they had sold were "a stripped down peacekeeper version aimed at having less of an impact on the initial game balance." The first set was more powerful than anything in the game. The second set (which sold out in a whole 9 minutes) was nothing more than a skin. I think the best part of the article was the quote from player ChaosShadow00x who put it in the best perspective possible (something you might want to listen to) when he said “I bought one because I wanted to support RSI, which is all your doing in the end." In the end, if you don't want to support Rift, by all means don't spend your money on it (oh wait I keep forgetting how Trion forces you and every other player to pay for stuff you don't want) but if you do then spend your money on items you do want from them.

BMW selling cars at a higher price point doesn't sway Toyota to sell more expensive cars
    Actually it kinda did. Its the reason why the Camry became their flagship luxuary car instead of a slightly more expensive Corolla. Its why Toyota sells the Tacoma & Tundra trucks to compete with Ford, Chevy, and Dodge. Its why Toyota sells the Highlander & Sequoia to compete with other large SUV makes out there. Hell even BMW got into the action when they branched out with their X series SUV. Hell even Porsche has branched out into their 4 door sedan the Panamera and SUV with the Macan. You see, companies see a market & make/release stuff based on the market demand. With the Toyota example, they saw a market for more expensive cars that was lead by the Germans (BMW & Mercedes-Benz) and wanted a piece of the pie so they redesigned the Camry to fit that demand and upped the price.

Rift selling gear on the store and selling an RNG box mount will influence my experience in Rift immensely, for a variety of reasons.
    How is YOUR gameplay directly affected by what someone else buys from the Rift store? Can you give a good example of how DIRECTLY your gameplay is hindered by what someone else buys?

You're right, I do have free will, and I'm exercising it right now by actively choosing to not give Trion anymore money and voicing my thoughts about their choices. I'm curious about you though. Why do you care what any of us have to say? If you halfway believe anything about free will that you just espoused, you shouldn't be surprised or so butt-hurt about us taking issue with it. It makes no sense.
    Why do I care? Its you & the other jerkoffs in this thread (especially @Darkdaemon) that have went around screaming injustice all over the place about something that doesn't affect you or any of them at all. All you're doing is bitching about this on these forums, the Rift forums, reddit, and anywhere else you can take it to. You are literally setting out to destroy both the reputation of a company and trying to put them out of business just because they are trying to make money to stay afloat.

Is this your problem? You think we're judging other players? Hate to break it to you sunshine, no one is judging other players. Only the decisions of the dev team.
    Bullcrap you guys aren't judging anyone else. You do it in nearly every post you guys make. especially @Eleccybubb & @Darkdaemon who both have said they aren't even going to play the game anymore and one of them has even bragged about how he's uninstalled the game so he's having to rely on others to tell him about what's actually happening in the game now.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    This just in: People from all walks of life and in virtually all aspects of life spend money on stupid things meant to fleece said people.

People buy coats for $1000, and burgers for $200 and fucking HDMI cables for $250. Oddly, I never see people REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEing about that.

Surprise! Some people who game are stupid too.
    If I met anyone that did actually spend that much on a burger or HDMI cable, I would absolutely ree my ass off.

Quote Originally Posted by Exerionx View Post
    If I met anyone that did actually spend that much on a burger or HDMI cable, I would absolutely ree my ass off.
    I genuinely want to know where there is a HDMI cable worth $250.

I mean I paid like £3 for my bundle of two. And they are decent gold plated ones and everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    I did it when Rift was still new ( storm legion ) the fucking mounts were overpiced ( specially the 180% or it was the 150% version ) and i was bad at the AH

- - - Updated - - -

Try enough times and maybe once people wont give a fuck
    Nah Trion tried twice and have been absolutely destroyed by the majority for it.

I mean sure try it a third time then go for it but if they really want to cement their already withering state in the MMO world with Rift then by all means go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Why do I care? Its you & the other jerkoffs in this thread (especially @Darkdaemon) that have went around screaming injustice all over the place about something that doesn't affect you or any of them at all. All you're doing is bitching about this on these forums, the Rift forums, reddit, and anywhere else you can take it to. You are literally setting out to destroy both the reputation of a company and trying to put them out of business just because they are trying to make money to stay afloat.
    Okay, so apparently honest arguments aren't your thing. That's okay, you want to lie to me and everyone else here about what's happening, you're welcome to but you're just hurting your case and the game as a whole. When you're recycling your already defeated arguments, you know you're in a bad spot.

Anyways, this quote above is what I want to touch on. It's something highlighted for you earlier but you seemed to miss it. I'll copy and paste it from my other post where I explained this. You know...the one you're avoiding. This reminds me of a conversation I had with my four year old the other day. She asked me for chocolate right after she was done eating, problem was it was 8 in the morning. I told her no, she stomped her feet, crossed her arms, and said "you don't love me." I then had to explain to her that it's actually because I love her that I told her no. Likewise, you seem to be lacking the understanding my daughter did. We don't hate the game, frustrated and disappointed for sure but we don't hate the game. We're criticizing it and harsh with it and the dev team because we actually love the game. If we hated it, all we'd have to do is shut up and leave it alone. Left to their own devices, the devs will sink this game on their own without help. You can easily see this when you look at the quality, scale, and ambition of the game from the original launch to now. A clear downward trend.

Bullcrap you guys aren't judging anyone else. You do it in nearly every post you guys make. especially @Eleccybubb & @Darkdaemon who both have said they aren't even going to play the game anymore and one of them has even bragged about how he's uninstalled the game so he's having to rely on others to tell him about what's actually happening in the game now.
    You're full of shit sweetheart, find me a quote where someone is actively judging another player for buying the mount. I'm sorry if you're feeling insecure because you bought the box. No one cares if you personally bought it, we care about it's influence over the game and Trion's monetization decisions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so apparently honest arguments aren't your thing. That's okay, you want to lie to me and everyone else here about what's happening, you're welcome to but you're just hurting your case and the game as a whole. When you're recycling your already defeated arguments, you know you're in a bad spot.

Anyways, this quote above is what I want to touch on. It's something highlighted for you earlier but you seemed to miss it. I'll copy and paste it from my other post where I explained this. You know...the one you're avoiding. This reminds me of a conversation I had with my four year old the other day. She asked me for chocolate right after she was done eating, problem was it was 8 in the morning. I told her no, she stomped her feet, crossed her arms, and said "you don't love me." I then had to explain to her that it's actually because I love her that I told her no. Likewise, you seem to be lacking the understanding my daughter did. We don't hate the game, frustrated and disappointed for sure but we don't hate the game. We're criticizing it and harsh with it and the dev team because we actually love the game. If we hated it, all we'd have to do is shut up and leave it alone. Left to their own devices, the devs will sink this game on their own without help. You can easily see this when you look at the quality, scale, and ambition of the game from the original launch to now. A clear downward trend.
    Where exactly is the question or thing I'm supposed to respond to? A crappy story about your daughter wanting chocolate at 8am and throwing a fit is supposed to symbolize my statement that Trion isn't forcing you to buy anything and all you guys are doing is bitching about someone else who can buy it if they want to with their money? Such a good example! How exactly is uninstalling a game showing you still love it? How is going all over the internet and badmouthing a company showing you love them but don't approve of their choice in making money how they see fit? If you don't like how the game is turning out, find another one. All the 3 of you have done is spout off your disapproval of a $100 mount box because YOU wouldn't buy it & the $250 Intel crate to help those people who can't afford to spend a part-time job hours playing a game to get Intel but have a job that allows them to purchase it. Again all because YOU wouldn't do it YOU are saying they shouldn't even offer it.

You're full of shit sweetheart, find me a quote where someone is actively judging another player for buying the mount. I'm sorry if you're feeling insecure because you bought the box. No one cares if you personally bought it, we care about it's influence over the game and Trion's monetization decisions.
    Calling people whales is judging them & name calling. Its all throughout this and the other thread. And FYI I didn't buy a mount box because I read what it was about. I have, however, logged in each day since the announcement for a chance at one of the three Ophiel’s Bounty’o’Mounts they are giving out.

Where exactly is the question or thing I'm supposed to respond to? A crappy story about your daughter wanting chocolate at 8am and throwing a fit is supposed to symbolize my statement that Trion isn't forcing you to buy anything and all you guys are doing is bitching about someone else who can buy it if they want to with their money? Such a good example! How exactly is uninstalling a game showing you still love it? How is going all over the internet and badmouthing a company showing you love them but don't approve of their choice in making money how they see fit? If you don't like how the game is turning out, find another one. All the 3 of you have done is spout off your disapproval of a $100 mount box because YOU wouldn't buy it & the $250 Intel crate to help those people who can't afford to spend a part-time job hours playing a game to get Intel but have a job that allows them to purchase it. Again all because YOU wouldn't do it YOU are saying they shouldn't even offer it.
    I'm impressed, a paragraph long straw man argument. I see puberty is treating you well. Again, you want to be dishonest you can, just does you no favors. You want to blatantly ignore the entire point of everything said, that's on you. Just don't throw a tantrum when our suggestions are listened to because you couldn't bother to be mildly honest about what's being said.

Calling people whales is judging them & name calling. Its all throughout this and the other thread. And FYI I didn't buy a mount box because I read what it was about. I have, however, logged in each day since the announcement for a chance at one of the three Ophiel’s Bounty’o’Mounts they are giving out.
    What's that? You couldn't find a post where we were judging a player for buying the pack? Color me surprised. I'm sorry your feelings got hurt by people talking about a type of player, probably should work on getting triggered so easily sweetie.

I'm impressed, a paragraph long straw man argument.
    So his big argument is that he thinks no one could afford this overpriced random-mount-lootbox and that is why we're causing an uproar? I guess a lot of broke pissed off people were yelling at EA too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdaemon View Post
    It's supremely ironic that the people so vocal in defending this are those that aren't actually very familiar with the game, don't raid endgame, haven't actually finished their eternal weapon quests, haven't even cleared NM TD (cough cough slipmat), or take part in the intel grind.
    Kind of funny how that works out eh? They are too busy trying to show off how much money they've dumped into the game to get Loyalty, or shiny mounts/titles or whateverthefuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I genuinely want to know where there is a HDMI cable worth $250.
    Your Honor, i present as evidence, exhibit A :

(you'll have to revise your initial price shock by a factor of x10)

https://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Digit...pr_product_top

Wow... It's hard to believe this game is still around. I started off as Guardian on Deepweb at launch and went Defiant shortly before Patch 1.1. I left Rift after Patch 1.2 when the guild I was in died. The game was pretty fun when it was on a subscription based model. Back then though, it had a hard time of escaping the stigma of being another WoW clone.

I remember how community used to be really important to the Devs, looks like they are just about the money now, oh how times have changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Wow... It's hard to believe this game is still around. I started off as Guardian on Deepweb at launch and went Defiant shortly before Patch 1.1.
    The game would be totally alien to you now after that gap of nearly six years, i recommend you download it and check it out, despite the 'concerned' posters here the game isn't that dead, you'll find plenty of people about, especially now as the Christmas Event (Fae Yule) has seen an uptick in player numbers.

Also Guardians and Defiants are now 'cool' with each other so you get to play with the opposite Faction, be in the same Guild, do content together....