Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Elune is a god of both shadow and light, we're a nocturnal race worshipping a god who lives in the great dark beyond. We're one of the only races to openly accept Shadowpriests.
    Elune expressed stronger connection to druidism than to shadow so far. Also, Forsaken are a thing. The Cult of the Forgotten Shadow strives there. And Night Elves aren't getting past Ban'dinoriel either way.

Legion started with the both factions coming together to repel the Legion from their beachhead on the broken isles. The Horde ditched us and left us to die rather than stand and fight, that was the first strike.
    Jesus fucking Christ. A retreat, even if unnecessary, does not count as a "strike". It's more than a year into the expansion, it'd be nice if Alliance players finally stopped making asses of themselves, developed their cognitive abilities past this glorious level and got something as basic as this straight.

And this wasn't even an unnecessary retreat. Even before Vizuul warped in the spaceships, the Horde faced just as many named demons, fuckton more normal demons, all the while fighting at half a capacity because their ranged force had to babysit the Alliance rather than supporting the Horde front, due to Alliance's brightest commander forgetting to bring his own ranged troops to a fight as important as this.

Then Vizuul warped in the spaceships, that shot space lasers all over the Horde position moments before the cinematic triggers. And those bright as fuck laser beams can be seen from the Alliance position just fine, so the Alliance can't even feign ignorance here. After they got on the gunship, they had the perfect aerial view that was the clusterfuck that was the Horde position (with the gunship crew being able to see it even earlier).

The retreat was also properly announced with a sound signal as per medieval-esque standards of on-the-field communications, Alliance knowing Horde sound signals (they even managed to imitate them to trick the Horde in the previous faction war) and Varian clearly realizing the Horde is retreating after hearing the horn.

And even if everyone in Alliance suffers from severe mental development issues and can't realize Varian is realizing that the Horde is retreating, as well as suffers from extreme tunnel vision so that they can't see big-ass bright lasers of doom shot at the Horde or see the area around them from aerial position, there's a simple (objectively speaking, not Alliance speaking) mental exercise to answer the question whether the Horde had valid reason to flee.

Particularly, asking oneself the question "why would the Horde want the Legion to win?" Because even if one was as braindead as Genn and thought everyone in the Horde spends every waking second of their lives plotting the Alliance's downfall, they still live on this world and don't really have the desire to let the Legion destroy it. Orcs were also enslaved by the Legion, Forsaken were wiped out by the Legion's creation, then invaded and forced out of their city by the Legion, Blood Elves were the sole target of the last Legion invasion. Not exactly a lot of reasons to even let the Legion win just to curbstomp the Alliance, let alone plot directly with the Legion.

Furthermore, contrary to the common Alliance whine there's no cause and effect link between the Horde retreating and Gul'dan dropping the Fel Reaver. If anything, Alliance's retreat, caused in turn by Horde's retreat, saved the Alliance from him dropping it right on their head rather than with them safely packed onto the gunship.

Finally, there was no victory to be had there. Had the Horde stayed to fight, in turn giving the Alliance no reason to retreat either, the factions would have been obliterated. Because Broken Shore was a trap. That the factions walked into based on faulty intel. Provided by Alliance's very best SI:7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Alliance started the war in WotLK,
    The way I recall WotLK was that we were both there to stop the army of the dead, then when we teamed up to assault the citadel, the horde killed everyone for lulz (Wrath Gate Cinematic).

restarted it in Cata,
    As I recall it, Cataclysm happens, Thrall goes on vacation to Outland, leaves Garrosh in charge - Garrosh starts Garroshing and murdering his way through the countryside because he figures since the world is burning this is his opportunity to be king of the ashes.

attacked the Horde in Legion
    Your cowardice on the broken shore broke our truce, got our king killed, and gave the legion a foothold on our planet. Genn scratching a ghost is not where it started.

and attacked the Horde again in Silithus.
    Source? I know there is a sea battle, I didn't know anything else was known about it yet. You are near Feathermoon Stronghold though, that's Alliance waters.

Even in vanilla they were the aggressor in Silverpine, Mulgore, Barrens, Dustwallow and Alterac Valley.
    I didn't claim we were incapable of aggression, there's a much longer list of places we attacked first, that's not the point: I was talking about overall expansion story arcs.

In the WotLK-MoP war they were losing badly in Cata,
    Based on what?

to the point they lost almost their entire fleet between Cata and MoP and even in MoP turned things around only after Garrosh caused the stark majority of the Horde to rebel against him.
    Feels like fan fiction, I don't recall an itinerary of our military assets anywhere. Speaking of the horde starting shit they can't win, Garrosh, vs. everyone he ever talked to - including the rest of the horde.

Do point that unnecessary shit with someone they can't beat that the Horde started.
    Pretty much everything that Saurfang, Garrosh, and Sylvanas have ever done? All your leaders ever do is either, a) follow the warchief du jour, or b) unnecessary, rash aggression, against anyone new who shows up - or if nobody new shows up for awhile - with the alliance - just to keep the war(craft) going.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Oh this is going to be good XD

The way I recall WotLK was that we were both there to stop the army of the dead, then when we teamed up to assault the citadel, the horde killed everyone for lulz (Wrath Gate Cinematic).
    Mod that derails threads, you see something new every day.

Please leave with some dignity left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Anduin: Ok Tyrande, I'm sending you to Suramar. I know it's hard, but try not to be a bitch about it.
    Tyrande: Please, I'm a priestess. I can handle this.
    Anduin: Just to be sure - no being a bitch, ok?
    Tyrande: Sure.
    Anduin: What are you not to be?
    Tyrande: A bitch. Ok. Got it.

Thalyssra: Ah, Tyrande, welcome back to Su...
    Tyrande: Pcheh. Whatevs. You can all go suck some Legion dingaling.
    Thalyssra: Excuse me?
    Tyrande: You heard me.

Anduin: What do you mean the most advanced arcane nation on the planet WENT AND JOINED THE HORDE?!
    Tyrande: Yeah, well, Sylvanas. Or something.
    Lol!!!!

+1
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Tyrande's been leading for like 12,000 years, she's bored of faction politics.
    She's like a cross between Olenna Tyrell and April Ludgate from Parks and Rec:
    Its not like she is bored of faction politics, she just cannot comprehend them. They use too many difficult words for her.

15+ Year Old Account
    Elune expressed stronger connection to druidism than to shadow so far.
    Her only real connection to druidism at all is because she's sometimes a creative force, and she's Cenarius's mommy. She is absolutely a god of shadow, and light: she's the only full diety in lore.

Also, Forsaken are a thing. The Cult of the Forgotten Shadow strives there. And Night Elves aren't getting past Ban'dinoriel either way.
    I didn't say or imply that the Forsaken aren't a thing?

Why would I want to get past Ban'dinoriel? Seems like an arbitrary thing to throw in? Not sure we've ever tried or cared?

Jesus fucking Christ. A retreat, even if unnecessary, does not count as a "strike". It's more than a year into the expansion, it'd be nice if Alliance players finally stopped making asses of themselves, developed their cognitive abilities past this glorious level and got something as basic as this straight.
    We keep pressing the point because that's the reality. You keep ignoring it because you are embarrassed by it. Ask yourself this, why did Genn attack Sylvanas, particularly at that time? Was it "Hey, nothing has happened lately, let me go start some shit" - or was it, "Hey, I'm angry because of _______, I'm going to retaliate?"

It was the latter, he says so straight up. She knows it and acknowledges it before he says so.

And this wasn't even an unnecessary retreat. Even before Vizuul warped in the spaceships, the Horde faced just as many named demons, fuckton more normal demons, all the while fighting at half a capacity because their ranged force had to babysit the Alliance rather than supporting the Horde front, due to Alliance's brightest commander forgetting to bring his own ranged troops to a fight as important as this.

Then Vizuul warped in the spaceships, that shot space lasers all over the Horde position moments before the cinematic triggers. And those bright as fuck laser beams can be seen from the Alliance position just fine, so the Alliance can't even feign ignorance here. After they got on the gunship, they had the perfect aerial view that was the clusterfuck that was the Horde position (with the gunship crew being able to see it even earlier).

The retreat was also properly announced with a sound signal as per medieval-esque standards of on-the-field communications, Alliance knowing Horde sound signals (they even managed to imitate them to trick the Horde in the previous faction war) and Varian clearly realizing the Horde is retreating after hearing the horn.

And even if everyone in Alliance suffers from severe mental development issues and can't realize Varian is realizing that the Horde is retreating, as well as suffers from extreme tunnel vision so that they can't see big-ass bright lasers of doom shot at the Horde or see the area around them from aerial position, there's a simple (objectively speaking, not Alliance speaking) mental exercise to answer the question whether the Horde had valid reason to flee.

Particularly, asking oneself the question "why would the Horde want the Legion to win?" Because even if one was as braindead as Genn and thought everyone in the Horde spends every waking second of their lives plotting the Alliance's downfall, they still live on this world and don't really have the desire to let the Legion destroy it. Orcs were also enslaved by the Legion, Forsaken were wiped out by the Legion's creation, then invaded and forced out of their city by the Legion, Blood Elves were the sole target of the last Legion invasion. Not exactly a lot of reasons to even let the Legion win just to curbstomp the Alliance, let alone plot directly with the Legion.

Furthermore, contrary to the common Alliance whine there's no cause and effect link between the Horde retreating and Gul'dan dropping the Fel Reaver. If anything, Alliance's retreat, caused in turn by Horde's retreat, saved the Alliance from him dropping it right on their head rather than with them safely packed onto the gunship.
    Sounds like a years worth of preparing justification, and a heavy dose of adding favorable embellishing details.

Finally, there was no victory to be had there. Had the Horde stayed to fight, in turn giving the Alliance no reason to retreat either, the factions would have been obliterated. Because Broken Shore was a trap. That the factions walked into based on faulty intel. Provided by Alliance's very best SI:7.
    We could have killed or trapped Gul'dan. We could have denied him access to the tomb of sargeras, and prevented his control of Suramar. No it wasn't a trap, it's a war, people die - it's not pretty - you finish the fight. The legion doesn't play - they were never going to be push-overs - we knew that going in. There was a victory to be had, we knew the cost to achieve it.

Your best argument for why you ditched is because you don't want the legion to conquer Azeroth, so crippling the Alliance by ditching us wouldn't be smart long-term. The flaw in that argument is that the horde never think long-term, they saw an opportunity to cripple the alliance and they took it- the same as when Garrosh started attacking us during Cataclysm, despite the sudden presence of a corrupted dragon aspect, and a unification of old gods, and an assortment of cultists hellbent on ending existence: but no good time like the present to burn some farmhouses right? /s

Edit: Ditto for wrath gate. Could have fought the Lich King at the start of the expansion together, took us an extra year because we gave you an opportunity to attack us instead of the immediate world-ending threat we both share.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2017-12-15 at 07:29 PM.

Sounds like a years worth of preparing justification, and a heavy dose of adding favorable embellishing details.
    The retreat on the broken shore simply wasn't a betrayal the Alliance was notified of the retreat,via horn. If the horde had packed up and left without any kind of warning you would have a point here.

No it wasn't a trap
    Are you just lying now or are you really that dense.

We could have killed or trapped Gul'dan. We could have denied him access to the tomb of sargeras, and prevented his control of Suramar. No it wasn't a trap, it's a war, people die - it's not pretty - you finish the fight. The legion doesn't play - they were never going to be push-overs - we knew that going in. There was a victory to be had, we knew the cost to achieve it.
    Yeah, and if my grandma had wheels she would be a wagon.

Just how would we be able to do those things you have said? At the Broken Shore, the Burning Legion kicked us in the nuts so hard that we could feel them at the back of our throats(Or so the narrative claims). You couldn't even get close to Gul'dan before some dark presence one shotting you.

And the Burning Legion not being pushovers turned out to be not the case since after that devestating defeat we turned things around and invaded their homeworld. One wonders why couldn't we just stop the invasion during the pre-expansion event, I'll give you that much. It seems they have wasted their only bullet there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The retreat on the broken shore simply wasn't a betrayal the Alliance was notified of the retreat,via horn. If the horde had packed up and left without any kind of warning you would have a point here.
    The point is the Alliance didn't strike first, as he claims - Genn's action was rash - but it was a reaction, it was provoked by the broken shore. That's the context of it - he's pretending Genn decided to attack Sylvanas out of the blue, without that context. This whole thing is whether the Alliance struck first in Legion: we didn't. There was provocation.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Are you just lying now or are you really that dense.
    We're being invaded by demons who have conquered countless worlds, people are going to die, Vol'jin's death doesn't make it a trap.

The point is the Alliance didn't strike first, as he claims - Genn's action was rash - but it was a reaction, it was provoked by the broken shore. That's the context of it - he's pretending Genn decided to attack Sylvanas out of the blue, without that context.

We're being invaded by demons who have conquered countless worlds, people are going to die, Vol'jin's death doesn't make it a trap.
    Dude it was a trap, Rogue class campaign spells it out for you.

And you're unable to discern between "Horde" and "people that betrayed the Horde and are no longer Horde" for what amazing reason? Was Thrall's wedding disrupted by the Alliance then? Was Thrall attacked by Alliance on his way to Wyrmrest Temple with the Dragon Soul? Did Alliance burn Stonemaul Village?

As I recall it, Cataclysm happens, Thrall goes on vacation to Outland, leaves Garrosh in charge - Garrosh starts Garroshing and murdering his way through the countryside because he figures since the world is burning this is his opportunity to be king of the ashes.
    Precisely, Cataclysm happens and then does Garrosh do his things. What happened before Cataclysm? Northwatch attack on the Barrens, which included a capture of a Horde outpost. An act of war in its own right and clear breach of the ceasefire the faction had at the time.

Your cowardice on the broken shore broke our truce, got our king killed, and gave the legion a foothold on our planet. Genn scratching a ghost is not where it started.
    Ah, 'tis good I included the part about there being no link between Horde's retreat and Varian's death even though your previous post didn't mention it. As expected you belong to this type of Alliance geniuses. At this point this level of comprehension of the topic is simply beyond pathetic.

And, again, the fight was unwinnable and factions got there only due to Alliance's bad intel, the Horde was fighting against superior enemy which they did at half capacity due to Varian being a military retard and was forced to retreat by goddamn spaceships.

Also, not only is a retreat not an action that breaks a truce (seriously, all of my wat), the factions didn't have a truce then, they were at peace as per War Crimes.

Source? I know there is a sea battle, I didn't know anything else was known about it yet. You are near Feathermoon Stronghold though, that's Alliance waters.
    Alliance lost almost its entire fleet to Garrosh's Krakens in Tides of War.

I didn't claim we were incapable of aggression, there's a much longer list of places we attacked first, that's not the point: I was talking about overall expansion story arcs.
    I just gave you the main story arcs regarding faction relations for more than half of the fucking expansions as well as parts of the base game. At this point you've got to actually substantiate your nonsense with something remotely tangible.

Based on what?
    Based on there being more Alliance zones than Horde ones before Cata and the amount being equal in Cata? Based on the quests in pretty much anywhere in Lordaeron and central Kalimdor? Based on Tides of War?

Feels like fan fiction, I don't recall an itinerary of our military assets anywhere. Speaking of the horde starting shit they can't win, Garrosh, vs. everyone he ever talked to - including the rest of the horde.
    So you don't know even Cata leveling zones, let alone the events of Tides of War, yet feel that you have anything resembling an authority to talk about that topic? Or throw accusations of fanfiction? Simply astonishing. In an utterly alternative-brilliant manner, but still. And what Garrosh himself started was the Invasion of Gilneas. Which was won by the Horde. And he could have won the fight against the rest of the Horde. He was only defeated after the Darkspear Rebellion teamed up with the Alliance.

Pretty much everything that Saurfang, Garrosh, and Sylvanas have ever done? All your leaders ever do is either, a) follow the warchief du jour, or b) unnecessary, rash aggression, against anyone new who shows up - or if nobody new shows up for awhile - with the alliance - just to keep the war(craft) going.
    Except Garrosh neither started the war with the Alliance since it was started (by the Alliance) in WotLK before he was Warchief, nor did he even restart it. What he started was the invasion of Gilneas. The Horde steamrolled Gilneas and forced the exodus of its population. Sylvanas only attacked Alliance outposts after Alliance started and then resumed a world war, then decimated those outposts. In BfA for what we know so far Alliance also strikes first. Other than Alliance Garrosh fought the Scourge, Sylvanas fought the Scourge and Scarlet Crusade/Onslaught. Both were defenders in those conflicts. And what conflict did Varok start, ever? So how about other than some vague nonsense you actually give specific examples.

And given how Alliance was still the one to start the last faction war, seems to be the one to start the next one so far and started most of the minor conflicts during WoW's run so far, the claim that all Horde leaders do is seek unnecessary aggression against random new comers and Alliance in particular not only does feel like fanfiction, it outright is fanfiction. Like, explicitly and beyond any doubt.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Was Thrall's wedding disrupted by the Alliance
    I wish that was the Alliance fist bump moment.
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

The point is the Alliance didn't strike first, as he claims - Genn's action was rash - but it was a reaction, it was provoked by the broken shore. That's the context of it - he's pretending Genn decided to attack Sylvanas out of the blue, without that context. This whole thing is whether the Alliance struck first in Legion: we didn't. There was provocation.
    It wasn't really provoked on the broken shore, Genn and Rogers actually couldn't wait to strike afterwards. And to top it all the Alliance was fed false info the entire time because the Legion had taken over SI7 so yes the Alliance was manipulated into striking a real first blow.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2017-12-15 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    I hope the alliance get their assfist moment they were promised back in MoP and we get the Siege of Stormwind raid, so much alliance favoritism!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Then they kidnap aggra and force thrall to look for her in multiple castles with his sporeling buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Then they kidnap aggra and force thrall to look for her in multiple castles with his sporeling buddy.
    Thank God your princess is in another castle!

Her only real connection to druidism at all is because she's sometimes a creative force, and she's Cenarius's mommy. She is absolutely a god of shadow, and light: she's the only full diety in lore.
    And how does her being the only full deity in lore prove her supposed deep connection to the Shadow?

Why would I want to get past Ban'dinoriel? Seems like an arbitrary thing to throw in? Not sure we've ever tried or cared?
    You wanted Night Elves to corrupt the Sunwell. That's why.

We keep pressing the point because that's the reality. You keep ignoring it because you are embarrassed by it. Ask yourself this, why did Genn attack Sylvanas, particularly at that time? Was it "Hey, nothing has happened lately, let me go start some shit" - or was it, "Hey, I'm angry because of _______, I'm going to retaliate?"
    A necessary retreat, so embarrassing And no, your brilliant claim that a retreat is anything remotely related to a strike is not "the reality". Unless what you want to say is that your grasp on the very concept of reality is so shit that you make Donald Trump look omniscient by comparison.

And which part of me schooling you on the words you apparently don't understand and aspects of lore that passed you by as you, I dunno, stared blankly in front of you or something, was me "ignoring" your fantasies? I outright addressed them head on. Holy shit... OK, pull abject dogshit out of your ass about the lore. You won't be the first Alliance genius to do that, you won't be the last. But can you at least not do that in regards to the events of your exchange with me?

Also, did I deny Genn being angry? No. He outright talks about doing this for Varian, among other things. Though, on the other hand he mostly talks about events from the already finished Alliance-Horde war, so something tells me he's somewhat biased, so an amazing example you got there. What I denied was his anger being grounded on facts.

It was the latter, he says so straight up. She knows it and acknowledges it before he says so.
    When exactly has she acknowledged it in a situation where both her and Genn were present? Because the only time they interacted post-Broken Shore was at the end of Stormheim, where she says nothing of the kind.

Yeah, no. I've been saying it since before Legion launched. You can check my post history instead of flailing around like a blind child and throwing random moronic accusations, hoping something sticks. And what did I embellish? Grow a spine, drop the vague bullshit and finally start substantiating your utter horseshit with specifics.

Was it:
    1. Vizuul the Twisted summoning the spaceships? It's greatly implied given how he spends most of the scenario channeling some spell in the air and the spaceships warping in the moments after it's finished. To the point it's attributed to him on wowpedia.
    2. There being named demons on Horde side? Other than Vizuul, all of the leaders of the pre-Legion invasions are there.
    3. There being more normal demons on the Horde side? New ones keep spawning in from multiple portals on the Horde side, while the same does not happen for the Alliance.
    4. Spaceships warping in? They do.
    5. Horde's ranged forces having to babysit Alliance? You can clearly see where the focus of the Horde archers is in the cinematic.
    6. Alliance having no archers of their own? You can clearly see a lack of them in the cinematic.
    7. Spaceships being visible from Alliance position? I leveled an Alliance character specifically for that reason. I could see them despite running a very low drawing distance at the time.
    8. Lasers being bright? Seen in game.
    9. Lasers leading to cinematic? After they stop shooting Thrall says something about heavy losses or broken ranks, then it skips to cinematic no matter how well the raid is doing.
    10. A gunship offering better view? That's how line of sight works.
    11. The retreat being sound? You can hear it in cinematics of either faction.
    12. Sound signals being a common form of communication on the battlefield in medieval warfare? Basic military history.
    13. Alliance knowing Horde signals and even using them to their advantage? They capture a Horde horn in The Shattering, use it and cause the Horde to retreat in the process.
    14. Varian recognizing what the signal meant? "She wouldn't" heavily implies that he understood what happened, just not the why.
    15. The Horde not wanting the world to end? Sylvanas is driven primarily by her desire to escape death, so highly likely. Mortal races would want the world intact even more.
    16. Orcs being enslaved by the Legion? Events between the formation of the Horde and the end of W2, with a small return of Mannoroth in W3.
    17. Forsaken being wiped out by a creation of the Legion? Events of W3.
    18. Blood Elves being the sole target of the previous Legion invasion? Events of 2.4.
    19. There being no causal link between the Horde retreating and Gul'dan dropping the Fel Reaver? Can't really prove a negative so it's on you to prove it in the first place. But there's nothing indicating it, so good luck with that. Especially when Varian didn't even need to die. The gunship had 4 side guns aimed directly at the Fel Reaver's hand that was holding it, as well as its head. The head that as Varian proved, is really vulnerable. Varian was not in line of fire of any of these guns since he was hanging between two middle ones. If stabbing it in the head killed it instantly, point blank salvo of canons should have done the job too. Or at least make it lose its grip.
    20. Alliance being likely to suffer more casualties if they were on the ground when Gul'dan dropped the Fel Reaver? The Fel Reaver arrived as a meteor and caused a fiery clusterfuck when it landed. A clusterfuck that was avoided precisely because Alliance was already in the air. Even if they were all somehow immune to Fel Fire, many of them would have been stomped in typical Fel Reaver fashion, with the vulnerable head being out of their reach (sans the gunship, but its crew was apparently asleep).
    21. That there was no victory to be had there because it was a trap? Rogue 7.0 Class Order campaign.
    22. SI:7 providing intel? See above.
    23. SI:7 providing false intel because they were infiltrated by Detheroc? See above.

So go on. Be a dear and point exactly what have I embellished and explain why it is an embellishment, providing actual sources for once. Humor me.

Oh, wait, you won't do that because this sounds like dogshit deflection you had to stoop low for because you've got nothing of value to add to the discussion.

Deny him access to Tomb of Sargeras? Wat? That wasn't our goal there. The goal was to close the portal. Which was outright impossible to do without Pillars of Creation. Jesus fucking Christ, you don't even know the basics of the basics. OK, you killed or trapped Gul'dan (good luck even with that given how Sargeras kills you through the portal when you get close to either Gul'dan or the portals on the Horde side). What do you do against the constant stream of demons? Particularly back when LEgion still had the Scepter of Sargeras to open even more smaller portals? How do you finish a fight against an infinite army that constantly pours through? And the Rogue Class Order campaign explicitly shows that it has been a trap with no victory to be had. You make me sad.

Your best argument for why you ditched is because you don't want the legion to conquer Azeroth, so crippling the Alliance by ditching us wouldn't be smart long-term. The flaw in that argument is that the horde never think long-term, they saw an opportunity to cripple the alliance and they took it- the same as when Garrosh started attacking us during Cataclysm, despite the sudden presence of a corrupted dragon aspect, and a unification of old gods, and an assortment of cultists hellbent on ending existence: but no good time like the present to burn some farmhouses right? /s
    Alliance still was the one to resume the war and the one to be more aggressive during it (the Alliance invades even capital zones like Mulgore and Durotar while the Horde attacks mostly border regions, with no Horde member within miles of Elwynn or Dun Morogh). Also, what unification of Old Gods? N'zoth is the sole remaining Old God since 3.1. It seems that whatever topic you try to talk about turns into bullshit under your fingers. So great lore awareness right there. Totally supports your inane rambling.

Other than your obvious below-zero lore knowledge completely shitting all over your dismissal of the Horde not having a reason to leave the Legion unattended just so the Alliance would be curbstomped, yeah, I'm sure the Horde leaving because they were being obliterated by spaceships and a superior ground force than what the Alliance faced, with no ability to survive another laser salvo and victory being impossible is totes legit not a valid argument for the Horde retreating. Totally

Edit: Ditto for wrath gate. Could have fought the Lich King at the start of the expansion together, took us an extra year because we gave you an opportunity to attack us instead of the immediate world-ending threat we both share.
    Aaaand you still can't comprehend the difference between people that left the Horde in open rebellion and the Horde itself. Why would you, you're a member part of the whiny and entirely uninformed (are you also a believer of HORDE BIAS on Blizzard's part by any chance?) part of Alliance playerbase. Not exactly known for things like comprehension.

A provocation isn't an attack. A retreat isn't an attack. So the Alliance still attacked first. Especially since the retreat was necessary, the Alliance was informed of it and calling it a provocation under those circumstances is you raping the English language. Which makes the attack completely unjustifiable. You're a moderator of a forum that demands that users communicate in English. And, if I recall correctly, you're from Canada. So learn the fucking language of the forum you're supposed to moderate and your own goddamn country.

Also, at no point did I negate Genn having his reasons, I negated the validity of those reasons. Unless you're able to quote me on "pretending Genn decided to attack Sylvanas out of the blue": 1. learn to read some more, 2. fuck off with putting words in my mouth and 3. stop protecting your horseshit narrative with fallacies.

Us having no means of closing the portal down makes it a trap.

An interesting idea. That would make that terrible questline somewhat more bearable, I think. And had they killed Aggra...
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-12-15 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Anduin: Ok Tyrande, I'm sending you to Suramar. I know it's hard, but try not to be a bitch about it.
    Tyrande: Please, I'm a priestess. I can handle this.
    Anduin: Just to be sure - no being a bitch, ok?
    Tyrande: Sure.
    Anduin: What are you not to be?
    Tyrande: A bitch. Ok. Got it.

Thalyssra: Ah, Tyrande, welcome back to Su...
    Tyrande: Pcheh. Whatevs. You can all go suck some Legion dingaling.
    Thalyssra: Excuse me?
    Tyrande: You heard me.

Anduin: What do you mean the most advanced arcane nation on the planet WENT AND JOINED THE HORDE?!
    Tyrande: Yeah, well, Sylvanas. Or something.
    Haha, that made me laugh!

+10