Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ben, you may find this interesting reading: https://www.theguardian.com/environm...climate-denial

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew View Post
    Climat is changing, it's a fact. Human implication is debatable.
    You really think that? When data pretty much unanimously suggests otherwise? Convenient how the drastic acceleration in temperatures began some time around the industrial revolution, huh. Convenient how temperature rate of increase is roughly consistent with human activity increase.

Maybe you're right, maybe the planet was on that course anyway? Doubt it though. At the end of the day human activity IS releasing otherwise trapped hydrocarbons into the atmosphere, this is FACTUALLY PROVEN to have a direct effect on global temperature, so you'd have to be pretty stupid to try and debate against human activity having a direct involvement, what with the vast majority of scientists all across the world - and well-cited university studies - stating it is.

I mean yes of course without our additional involvement it would warm up anyway, but the process would take much, much, much, much longer.
    Last edited by Will; 2017-12-16 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    EPA overreach was out of control. Scientists can still research their science. The only change happening now is instead of panicking every time some new research paper comes out in order to push policy you will instead get your paper bag out instead. Let the tech sector do their job with coming up with economical solutions instead of making everything more expensive because we just noticed something.
    If they can't come up with economical solutions that are better than the regulations then it's not a solution. If it isn't solving anything then it can't be a solution.

Less regulation just means more problems. Being able to dump sewage in a river again isn't a solution it just causes the need for more solutions.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope America is the first to go when the aliens come to destroy us for our ignorance and stupidity, seems only fitting that the most inept nation on the face of the earth is capable of such benign asshattery.

I would not be American today, with that president embarrassing me day by day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    The issue I have with your analogy and with climate change in general is that currently the funding is for "proving climate change is happening" and not "proving IF climate change is happening". I'm not sure people realize how much difference that one word makes.

A large part of over 2 billion in annual funding is spent on discriminating articles and paying the publishing fees/publish faster fees for articles that agree.

A lot of academics are very resistant to change(because they would literally lose their jobs), look at archeologists and see how hard they are trying to silence people that propose another timeline even with incredible amounts of evidence and with more cities/civilizations discovered that agree with the "alternative" timeline and oppose the mainstream one.
    Except if you ask the question "Prove if climate change is happening" boils down to "is climate change happening?" which is a yes/no question and those are horrible problem statements when doing scientific research.

Saying "Prove climate change is happening" works better because they cannot just say "it's happening" or "it's not happening" and actually have to show why they came to the conclusion they reached, with said conclusion having to be proof and not just some data-points which agree with the hypothesis but does not prove it

Quote Originally Posted by fatherben View Post
    this thing only exists so that people accept it and then these elites can force a carbon tax on people.
    This just might be the stupidest reason for a conspiracy I've ever seen.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    The issue I have with your analogy and with climate change in general is that currently the funding is for "proving climate change is happening" and not "proving IF climate change is happening". I'm not sure people realize how much difference that one word makes.
    It would, but neither question is currently being seriously questioned. They proved it was happening 30+ years ago. That isn't seriously contested at any level, because all the evidence that continues to be produced continues to back up and reinforce that proof.

So you've started out with a falsehood.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    Except if you ask the question "Prove if climate change is happening" boils down to "is climate change happening?" which is a yes/no question and those are horrible problem statements when doing scientific research.

Saying "Prove climate change is happening" works better because they cannot just say "it's happening" or "it's not happening" and actually have to show why they came to the conclusion they reached, with said conclusion having to be proof and not just some data-points which agree with the hypothesis but does not prove it
    Assuming this was a legitimate request, here's the basics of the physical science basis;
    http://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar5/wg1/

Yes, it's big and complicated, but it's a big and complicated subject.

Want a simpler graphical rundown? Here;
    https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2...ing-the-world/

Those should settle any silly complaints in this respect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Global Warming is fake. I'll start believing it when Long Island starts going underwater like they told me it would when I was in middle school.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan94 View Post
    Global Warming is fake. I'll start believing it when Long Island starts going underwater like they told me it would when I was in middle school.
    And the Earth is flat, and aliens built the Pyramids, right?

Those are equally cuckoo-pants crazy as climate change denial is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan94 View Post
    Please tell me you know New York has sea walls to manage rising waters.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Clearly not national security.

- - - Updated - - -

What list? He said he wouldn't do something illegal.
    It is one of those wasted funded programs like Harry Reid pushed for the Government to spend millions of tax dollars on investigating UFO's. :P
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...ports-say.html

The make believe list. Or dreamer's list, I guess one could call it.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2017-12-16 at 11:09 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I guess technically its less of a National Security threat and more of a National Survival threat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

The global economy still needs fossil fuels and it will need it for some time in the future (at least 20 years). For example, Europe is still very dependent on Russia for its oil. We can cut Europe's dependence on Russia or even replace Russia. I don't understand what is wrong with supplying that demand and making our economy stronger in the process.

its only a national security issue in the same sense that the sun exploding is a national security issue. LOL

Trump knows climate change isn't a hoax, but climate change stands in the way of oil, coal and other businesses. Therefore, Trump is crusading climate change being a hoax.

It changes relatively nothing about the reality of Trump's agenda, but to properly confront his stance on it, it's important to understand Trump isn't a mislead/ignorant 'climate change is a hoax' believer, and in reality is just using it as an excuse to try and push away green energy regulations so he can bring back coal and oil.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    The global economy still needs fossil fuels and it will need it for some time in the future (at least 20 years). For example, Europe is still very dependent on Russia for its oil. We can cut Europe's dependence on Russia or even replace Russia. I don't understand what is wrong with supplying that demand and making our economy stronger in the process.
    20 heck even 50 years is not a long time even fossil fuel companies are going all in for green energy, it's not like we can turn on the green energy button when it is time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It is one of those wasted funded programs like Harry Reid pushed for the Government to spend millions of tax dollars on investigating UFO's. :P
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...ports-say.html

The make believe list. Or dreamer's list, I guess one could call it.
    Aside from the alien angle but I can't say I disagree that our government should spend money investigating things that they can't identify. From newly tested stealth fighters from foreign countries, possible weather oddities maybe even new terrorist tactics I don't see why it shouldn't be a national security concern.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    20 heck even 50 years is not a long time even fossil fuel companies are going all in for green energy, it's not like we can turn on the green energy button when it is time.

- - - Updated - - -

Aside from the alien angle but I can't say I disagree that our government should spend money investigating things that they can't identify. From newly tested stealth fighters from foreign countries, possible weather oddities maybe even new terrorist tactics I don't see why it shouldn't be a national security concern.
    That was the angle. It was a total waste of tax dollars. Reason? They never proved a damn thing. We already have a well funded spy system. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    That was the angle. It was a total waste of tax dollars. Reason? They never proved a damn thing. We already have a well funded spy system. :P
    Not sure about the redundancy but it's not like Trump is doing throughout analysis of our national security needs and getting rid of pork at the pentagon.

So can we agree, England is my city Kappa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Not sure about the redundancy but it's not like Trump is doing throughout analysis of our national security needs and getting rid of pork at the pentagon.
    Did you read this part of the linked article?

Both outlets said Reid’s interest in UFOs was the result of friend and donor Bob Bigelow, who owns Bigelow Aerospace and has said before he is “absolutely convinced” aliens exist and UFOs have visited Earth.

The New York Times said the program had a $22 million annual budget and “most of the money” went to Bigelow’s research company, which hired subcontractors and solicited research for the program.